I live in Central NJ. I went to two Acura dealerships
and these were my experiences....

Ryan's Open Road Acura (East Brunswick): Found
them to be highly professional and willing to beat the best offer
from another dealership. Very impressed with their service
department which is very well organized. From the moment
you walk in you are greeted, shown to a desk to sign in, and
then wait in a very comfortable seating area that's complete
with televisions, coffee and various snacks.

Ocean Acura (Ocean Twp.) : Heard many horror stories
about this dealership before and after taking a test drive,
but I needed a starting point. The salesman treated me
rather well. However, after they learned I purchased my
RL elsewhere, I received a nasty phone call from the sales
manager. I was also told that I would never get a loaner
car if I used their service department as I never bought the
car there (incidently RYAN'S OPEN ROAD ACURA offers a loaner
to anyone regardless).

While at Ryan's Open Road Acura waiting for my car that was
being serviced, I spoke with two other gentlemen that told me
horror stories about their experiences with Ocean Acura,
particularly their service department.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Depends on the dealers mood but Suburban Acura (Farmington Hills, MI) is good and bad. They f'ed up my TSX by leaving the radiator cap off and blowing up my engine. Great job...morons. Since then, they have been decent though. They have been easy to work with for the most part. My only complaint is - with the TL they virtually refused to work on rattles.

Ann Arbor Acura (Ann Arbor) is terrible in sales. I bought my TSX and TL from them. They are a bunch of fools. They play more games than you can imagine. e.g. when I bought the TL 3 weeks after my temp. plates expired they still refused to send me my real plates - they tried to charge me more and said they won't send me the plates until I paid them more. On both the TSX and TL I have needed to cancel the GAP insurance - the TSX took them 8 months to send me a single form to fill out (I had to send them two letters to finally get the form). The TL I am still waiting for (going on month 2 now).

Jeffery Acura - I have heard plays a lot of games - but I have never gone there myself.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Dealers

I also live in central New Jersey. I found Ryan Acura great with price, had a very bad experience with my brand new 2003 TL. Heating system was not working within 2 days after I purchased it, Ryan Service would not set up an appointment for 3 weeks !!! Called Princeton Acura, they saw me the same day, and have been a fan of theirs since. Purchased a 2004 TL and just purchased a 2005 RL from Princeton and have never been disappointed by the dealer. Service is great as well.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Intermediate

Like any other car dealer, they are all a bunch of game playing morons!! When buying a car I don't play their games so within the first 30 seconds of negotiations they always send in the sale manager. I've dealt with Duval Acura in Jacksonville, Florida twice in three years and haven't had a bad experience with them.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Intermediate

Boughy my RL from Bill Vince's Bridgewater Acura (another cental NJ'er). The sales experience was very smooth and without any hassles. I conducted all the negotiations over the phone.
The one time I brought my car in for service, they had a loaner for me and apologized that it was only a TSX as it was a Saturday and the lot was being repaved and most of the loaners were moved offsite.

I also shopped at Denville Acura, but I could not get them to budge on price and despite them claiming not to have to go to a sales manager for price approval, they quoted me full retail on all accessories and wanted to lowball me on my trade
Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Racer

I have experience with two Houston area Acura dealerships.

Positive experiences, so I recommend: John Eagle Acura

Negative experiences, so I avoid them: Sterling McCall Acura
Old 08-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Cruisin'

I've been very happy with Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Instructor

Acura of Bellevue in the Seattle area has been great to deal with for
the past 12 years...both on the sales and service side.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Racer

I bought my car at Torrance Acura South Bay-no games, dealt with a newbie salesman the entire process (who did get some support from the manager), took us 20 minutes to come to an agreement on the price and financing, another hour to sign off all the paper work (had to wait for the finance guy to return to the dealership). I actually spent more time waiting for them to prep and gas the car that I did on the actual deal. SIne I have had zero problems so far (knock on wood), I don't have any idea how their service department is, but I am happy so far. I may have the local Honda service department (a 500 yd walk from my house) do the minor maintenance work (oil changes), and visit the dealer for the major stuff, but that is only because of conveneince and the fact that the Honda dealer already services our Odyssey.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Seattle Area

Originally Posted by hothonda
Acura of Bellevue in the Seattle area has been great to deal with for
the past 12 years...both on the sales and service side.

I think Seattle is blessed with at least two excellent dealerships and the third I have had no experience with so remain neutral. Both Lynnwood and Bellevue are outstanding. Very customer oriented and fair to work with. I have found better pricing at Lynnwood in recent years but have also purchased through Bellevue. Servicing at Bellevue is excellent.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Burning Brakes

I've had positive experiences only thus far:

Bought my TL at Hall Acura in Newport News, VA. Great treatment, did all the prep work via the web, no financial shenanigans in the purchase process.

Been having my servce done at Hall Acura in Virginia Beach. So far, everything's been great....no problem getting loaners, no strange fees...nice guys to work with. The main reason i didn't buy my TL there was that the Newport News dealership was able to get me the one I wanted faster.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:37 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seattle, WA Area

I disagree on Bellevue.

My TL salesman was not very good, way too confident, borderline cocky. I wanted the car so it didn't really matter much at the time. When I went to get the RL, he was way off in terms of his offer. Never even called back after his quote. I bought from Lynnwood @ $2000 less. Wonder if he’ll ever call?

Bellevue's service department was very friendly, but they basically told me my TL was supposed to be pinging when going Wide Open Throttle and the rattle in the rear deck was part of the design. Um, OK . . . here's your car back.

Now Acura of Lynnwood was great to work with. Minh was the most honest and sincere salesmen I've ever worked with. No service experience yet.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Advanced

I am very pleased with Nalley Acura and their service in Atlanta
Old 08-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ASP
I disagree on Bellevue.

My TL salesman was not very good, way too confident, borderline cocky. I wanted the car so it didn't really matter much at the time. When I went to get the RL, he was way off in terms of his offer. Never even called back after his quote. I bought from Lynnwood @ $2000 less. Wonder if he’ll ever call?

Bellevue's service department was very friendly, but they basically told me my TL was supposed to be pinging when going Wide Open Throttle and the rattle in the rear deck was part of the design. Um, OK . . . here's your car back.

Now Acura of Lynnwood was great to work with. Minh was the most honest and sincere salesmen I've ever worked with. No service experience yet.
Sorry to hear about your experience....mine have been all positive.

One thing I can say about Acura of Bellevue is that I'm still dealing
with the same people I bought my first NSX from in 1994 and likewise
in their service dept where they've done everything from oil changes to
full Comptech Supercharger/Intake/header/exhaust installs for me with
no problems/hassels. Seldom in the car business do you work with the
same people for so many years....when I've bought other brands and
returned, all the employees have changed ....that sends me a message.

Steve
Seattle
Old 08-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Instructor

"Now Acura of Lynnwood was great to work with. Minh was the most honest and sincere salesmen I've ever worked with. No service experience yet."

Ditto for me about Minh and Rob Lee who works with Minh. Minh got my RL for me (in exactly the color combo I was interested in) in the first shipment last October without me placing a deposit or anything. I had bought through him before so he knew I was a serious buyer and made sure no one else got in front of me in that first shipment when they all flew out the door at MSRP.

For geographic reasons I go to Bellevue for servicing and I have only had good experiences there. On my fourth Acura over about 12 years (several Volvos and BMWs in between) so its not been a one shot deal with them.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Cruisin'

I purchased from Rick Case Acura in Ft. Lauderdale.

Overall was a pretty good experience. I leased for 30 months, wanted to only lease for 24 but the numbers didn't work out.

I'd recommend them to anyone in the South FL area.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:02 AM
goodbye RL for now...

I have bought 2 cars from Acura of Orange Park in Jacksonville, Florida from Alex Elsaid (Internet Sales Manager) and I have to say that the service is the best that I have found in the industry. They really take care of you and handle your requests.

I service deparment is equally as good. There were a little mishaps here and there but everything was solved in a timely and professional manner.

***** - 5 stars!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Kansas City
Great- superior acura
bad- jaywolfe acura
Old 08-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Instructor

In the D.C. area, I have to recommend Chevy Chase Acura (just over the District line in Maryland). I was able to arrange for my new RL over the phone! Got everything I wanted and took delivery the second day the car was out. Service department has been extraordinary. When a metal shard from a construction site ripped into one of my tires, the dealership had a new tire waiting when I arrived, changed it in minutes, washed my car (very nicely), treated me to a few beverages and some extra RL instruction and had me on my way fast. They allowed me to take my car for its first servicing without an appointment and at my convenience (letting me catch an afternoon movie). And when an ambulance for one of the service people overcome by heat delayed bringing my RL up (for just a few minutes), the dealership charged me NOTHING. Lexus, smecklus, this Acura dealer's work and customer care has been exemplary so far.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy Rick Case Acura

I'd recommend them to anyone in the South FL area.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ on Rick Case Acura.

They road tested my TL and thought "it ran fine". Only after joining this site did I find out that the faulty IMRC was the cause of the poor performance. My next appointment was for a faulty seat motor. I did call the day before to verify that they had the part in stock. Imagine my suprise after sitting 3 hours in the waiting room that they "did not have the part in stock after all". No response when I asked them why I had to sit for 3 hours to find out.

Getting any kind of a loaner is almost impossible.

My worst dealership experiences are with Rick Case Acura.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:35 PM
bkw
Death to Dave Marek.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone from the NYC Metropolitan area should do anything within their power to stay away from PARAGON.

Do a search on any BBB or any automotive related forum and you'll see how terrible this place is!

From personal experience, I can agree with every negative thing said about this business. I purchased my S2000 from them in 2001 and was pretty much screwed from day 1. I swore I would never purchase another Honda/Acura from these people and would urge anyone within my power to stay away from them.

For other dealership experiences, I did not like the salespeople at Curry - After receiving what seemed to be a good deal at the time from DCH, we walked back in and they made us wait 20 minutes until a salesperson would meet with us. The receptionist stated that they get so many 'younger' (I'm 32, wife is 30) people in the door just kicking tires and not being serious that it was sort of the 'cry wolf' type situation.

They stated that the cars sell themselves and that there was no reason as to why they would sell it lower than the asking price. The service and parts department on the other hand are top notch. It's unfortunate that I had to bypass this (my local) dealership to purchase the car and yet bring it there for service.

DCH Montclair Acura - Great sales staff. Received a great offer via their internet sales staff for a Navi TL and after working some of the numbers, we realized that the RL was a better choice for us. Told us what our options were and gave us a decent price on the RL. Went back to Curry and they pretty much laughed in our face. Value for our trade-in couldve been better, but the price they sold the car to us evened it out. I have yet to experience their service department there and probably never will considering that theyre pretty far away.