Anyone get leather repair?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Anyone get leather repair?

My driver's side has some wrinkles here and there for normal use. Not that bad and probably not worth fixing, but I'm a perfectionist. heh. Anyways, I'm bringing it to a leather upholstry place to have them take a look next week or so. Has anyone addressed this on their seats. If so, what did you do? Add more support? steam? etc...etc. thanks
Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
I would first adderss with dealer to see if they would do anything to rectify your concerns.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miner
I would first adderss with dealer to see if they would do anything to rectify your concerns.
That's good advice. Hopefully, he has a competent and sympathetic dealer.

As I reported several months ago, I have a huge, ugly worn spot on my driver's side seatback. The wear is premature...gives my Acura a wornout and trashy look...not exactly what I'd expect in an expensive, luxury auto.

The then service manager at the Jackson, Mississippi dealer wouldn't even submit it for consideration and said that it was useless to do so. My options were to try a repair or purchase a new seat back covering. I followed his advice and first tried the repair with their recommended guy, and it was a disaster. This guy got paint on the dash, on top of the car and splattered other areas of the seat. The repair itself also failed and part of it peeled off. I've been too busy to look into getting a new seat back...price at around $800.

By the way, this service manager was the only one at three dealers who would agree to fix my non-working door handle and loudly rattling brakes without the "we never heard of those problems" song and dance I got at two other dealers.

Now, he's gone.

Fred

'05RL with 57,000+ miles.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I think I overexaggerated being a new picky owner. heh. Brought it to a leather place, they said it wasn't worth fixing and suggested some leather treatment. I forgot I had Zaino's "Leather in a bottle" I applied a few coats, seats look fantastic! 100% better. I'm actually pretty happy now and have no need to get this addressed.