Any owners have experience with QuietCar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any owners have experience with QuietCar?

First, I love my RL - what a great car. It readily surpasses all my expecations, except one: ROAD NOISE from tires. I did replace the crappy OEMs with the Michelin All Season Sports. Noticable improvement in handling, and somewhat quieter, but still not there.

Dynamat seems to be the wrong approach, is expensive and requires tearing up the inside. QuietCar seems to be a good solution, from what I've read.
What is your experience?
Old 05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Racer

I have a gallon jug of their stuff sitting in my garage, waiting for me to apply it. However, I am also building a set of HT speakers, and I may use the goop on the inside of those first-I think it might be just the ticket to dampen speaker wall resonances. I noticed that the RL rear well liners are a fiber composition, which may not be a good enough surface for the Quietcoat to adhere to.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

I can't comment on the Quietcoat, but I did go ahead and gut my RL and put sound deadening into it because the tire noise was terrible. The sound deadening did help, but it's still not as quiet as I would expect this car to be. I'm considering the tires next, but have been a little hesitant because they seem to improve sound levels only minimally and my lousy OEMs still have lots of life left in them.

I'd love to hear how your potential Quietcoat project turns out.

Good Luck.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
yes i agree. please let us all know...

my rl is also have loud tire noise that i want to stop hearing. so please share how to stop it if it work!?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Went through the QuietSolution.com website and this

product sounds promising. I think a gallon would not be enough to get an 8th inch coat which I believe they recommend for ultimate sound deadening. It looks like it takes sometime to dry between coats (all weather dependent) so summer sounds best to do it. I would like to try it too. I would rather do the underside of the RL if possible rather than take apart the interior. It sounds like a long time to be on your back looking up at the underside. It looks like it will adhere to any clean solid surface, so maybe the composite wheelwells are ok? Might email them and ask.. I too am sick of the tire noise - the freeways in Seattle are all jacked up cause they let idiots use studded tires from Nov - Feb and they do, they really do, and never really need them.. Loud road noise up here in the RL unlike my BMW's that didnt have hardly any road noise at all.. Tires do help, still looking at that too, the Michelin HmX whtever those things are, are very loud to me when compared to MIchelin Pilot Sports. Heard that Pirelli Pzero Nero is a very quiet too, but cost is way more than a couple gallons of Quiet Car.. What to do??? DanF