Acura Service Bulletin; my issue showed up there

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Service Bulletin; my issue showed up there

I was shocked to see an issue I have with my TL show up in the Acura Service Bulletin for Feb 2008. I know this is the RL forum, but my point is that sometimes they act like you are crazy when you report an issue, then 1.5 years later it shows up in a TSB.

My issue was the window made this sqeaking sound and if you rolled the window down just a bit, it went away. First they told me to silicone the seal periodically, and that would fix. Then they told me the issue was with the side mirror and that the sound radiated from the mirror and they wanted to replace the mirror, which I refused. So we lived with it until now. Now that I saw the TSB for Feb 2008, and they have a whole page dedicated to the issue and how to fix it.

I am wondering when the TSB for the rattling RL read window shade will be in a TSB, since they've never been able to fix mine. I have read about some people getting felt or whatever, but mine has been replaced so many times yet it still rattles. I am living with it until the fix comes from the manufacturer.

The other time they did this to me was with the 01 CLS tranny. They acted like I was a nut, and somehow caused the tranny to fail. Finally after the dealer gave me attitude, I file a lemon law complaint, prior the extended 100k warrany and recall, and got my car replaced.

I guess my point is I was pissed to see this issue in the TSB when I took it to them 18 months ago for the same problem.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how many complaints are required before they initiate a TSB.