Acura Design Team

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Acura Design Team

Just for curiosity, I would really like to see some pictures of the individuals that designed the new 09 RL and TL models.

Don't ask me why! I just want to see them...Wouldn't it be cool to have a new "Designer Spyshot" category of sorts.

Of course the "icing" on the cake would be if they shared their design philosophies with the rest of us in a designer forum...
Old 08-27-2008, 01:03 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I've read, this is the guy in charge of the team:
Old 08-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Shotgun
Just for curiosity, I would really like to see some pictures of the individuals that designed the new 09 RL and TL models.

Don't ask me why! I just want to see them...Wouldn't it be cool to have a new "Designer Spyshot" category of sorts.

Of course the "icing" on the cake would be if they shared their design philosophies with the rest of us in a designer forum...
Good point and they could probably have picked up on the 09 disaster before it went into production just by posting or even a PM to existing owners. Another point would be to monitor this forum and get to know the theme of educated, experienced RL owners. It would soon become apparent that certain features need improvement: Navtraffic needs help, MID to show all features in cruise, heated seats for the USA, folding mirrors, color BU camera etc etc. Maybe a thread of recommended improvements could be discussed, voted and prioritorized for the Acura design team to browse. This would quickly get a car specs in order to satisfy a broad public.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well technically, the only primary "design" the US created was the horrendous grill.

Guys, the original design for the 09 Model lineup came from Honda in Japan. I believe its the Legend over there but its the same car without the grill.

So....

You can blame the US designers for the Grill, but for the overall monstrosity, you can blame Honda Motor Corp of Japan for that.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:55 AM
07 RL (non-tech)w/06 Nav

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am ok with the legend grill....if i bought an 09, I'd negotiate a grill changeout as part of the price. The car looks completely different with the honda legend grill.

I can see Chris Hanson (from NBC Dateline) interviewing Dick Toliver....So Dick, when you had the new power plenum design applied to the RL...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??!?!?!?!? Dick would have that (caught me) look, kind of shrugg his shoulders