06 Rl Less Than Month Old, In Dealer For 2 Weeks Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 06 Rl Less Than Month Old, In Dealer For 2 Weeks Service

I need your advice. I bought my RL 06 on 11/15/05....a few days later I realized that about 5 lights on my center console (where ratio power and station pre-set buttons are) are out at night. The rest lights up ok. I went on vacation on 11/21 to 11/28. Came back from vacation and drove my car for another week. Realizing that my NAVtraffic wasnt working (traffic bar disappears after 20 minutes). I called XM (11/30 and spoke to the technician to activate my NAV traffic, they activated it and send a signal....it was ok on their end but my nav traffic still not working. So I called again on 12/2 to XM....told them to check on their end, and they told me that NAVtraffic is on and they resent the signal. Still not working on my end.

I came to this forum to see if there was a fix. I took to the dealer 9AM on 12/7 (WED) to fix the console lights and complain about XM NAVtraffic issue. The car has only 810 miles at this time. They told me to wait....at noontime, they told me that they would give me a loaner car (05 TL) because the entire radio unit would need to be replaced. They put in the order. They told me that they have not heard of the NAVtraffic issue and they will call Acura about it.

On 12/8 they told me that Acura had never heard of this navtraffic issue. I read in this forum and other of similar issues. At the time I started to feel frustrated. $50k car and they don't know why navtraffic isnt working. Also they told me that the radio unit was too expensive to ship overnight (that overnight may incur some damage to the equipment). 12/9- they are still waiting for the radio unit to arrive and will call me. Didn't hear from them. 12/10 (saturday) - they are open but I didn't even bother to call and they didn't bother to call me. 12/12 (monday) - I drove by after work and the service rep told me that the radio arrived and that the technician put it in the morning. They finally acknowledged that there were similar issues with navtraffic and he's waiting for the fix from acura and that I take the loaner car (05 TL) until I hear from them. 12/13 came and went....didn't hear a thing. On 12/14 I was getting inpatient with them so I called them and asked them what is going on. They told me that the XM unit had to replaced. They told me that the unit is backordered and no definite day. Told me to pick up the car in the afternoon.

so at 3pm on 12/14 i picked up my car and saw a huge scratch on the front left fender. I told them that it wasn't there when I left it. They gave me the run around but then agreed to fix it for me. They tried buffing it and didn't come off, so they tried to use touch up paint and looks horrible. They told me to come back when the XM unit arrived and they'll fix it better for me. Now the scratch is about 1/2 inch so I agreed.

When I drove home, I found out that the radio unit was not even touched. They told me it was replaced on 12/12. The same lights were still out.

On 12/15, 8AM , i came back furious. The service rep was very apologetic stating that both units are backordered and he does not have a arrival date. It could be a week or a month or more. The shop manager came and I confronted him again with the scratch issue and he says that after putting a few layers of touch up, he'll buff it again. I told him that all these issues should not be happening to a 800 miles car.

I had to rush to work so they told me that they'll give me a loaner until my car is fixed. Told me to leave the car in the shop. They gave me a 06 MDX as a loaner with 1000 miles on it...more than my car.

I had 800 miles on the car, been in the shop since 12/7 to who knows when. The XM and RADIO both has to be replaced (parts all backordered till who knows when). A scratch that may need the whole fender to be repainted.

This past friday I called ACS to open up a case but I don't know whose side they are on.

I need your advise. How to pursue this. Thanks in advance....
Old 12-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Racer

This reminds me of my experience with the local Acura dealer and ACS.

Unless you think you have a chance of having your car treated as a lemon, my first advice is to get your car back. The more time it spends in the dealership, the more chance some idiot could do damage to it.

For problems that are related to XM and Nav traffice, my take is to accept the problem for now. I know it is difficult to do so, after you spent $50k on the car. However, having dealt with some issues with my RL, I don't think Acura knows exactly what is going on with the XM and radio issues. Replacing the radio units may or may not solve the problems. I would wait, instead of letting the dealer mess with your car.

It may be a long shot, but look at the scale bar of the Nav traffic to make sure that your map scale is in the range that the real time traffic indicators would show.

Best of lock.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the troubles. IMO you should leave it at the dealer until they fix it. Look up your state lemon laws (http://www.dr.bbb.org/autoline/lemonlawinfo.asp) and read about it. Then I would contact a lemon law attorney and tell them the situation. See what they have to say about it. Good luck with the repairs - and don't settle for anything less than perfect.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Dr. E in TN

Originally Posted by rxrxrx
I need your advice. I bought my RL 06 on 11/15/05....a few days later I realized that about 5 lights on my center console (where ratio power and station pre-set buttons are) are out at night. The rest lights up ok. I went on vacation on 11/21 to 11/28. Came back from vacation and drove my car for another week. Realizing that my NAVtraffic wasnt working (traffic bar disappears after 20 minutes). I called XM (11/30 and spoke to the technician to activate my NAV traffic, they activated it and send a signal....it was ok on their end but my nav traffic still not working. So I called again on 12/2 to XM....told them to check on their end, and they told me that NAVtraffic is on and they resent the signal. Still not working on my end.

I came to this forum to see if there was a fix. I took to the dealer 9AM on 12/7 (WED) to fix the console lights and complain about XM NAVtraffic issue. The car has only 810 miles at this time. They told me to wait....at noontime, they told me that they would give me a loaner car (05 TL) because the entire radio unit would need to be replaced. They put in the order. They told me that they have not heard of the NAVtraffic issue and they will call Acura about it.

On 12/8 they told me that Acura had never heard of this navtraffic issue. I read in this forum and other of similar issues. At the time I started to feel frustrated. $50k car and they don't know why navtraffic isnt working. Also they told me that the radio unit was too expensive to ship overnight (that overnight may incur some damage to the equipment). 12/9- they are still waiting for the radio unit to arrive and will call me. Didn't hear from them. 12/10 (saturday) - they are open but I didn't even bother to call and they didn't bother to call me. 12/12 (monday) - I drove by after work and the service rep told me that the radio arrived and that the technician put it in the morning. They finally acknowledged that there were similar issues with navtraffic and he's waiting for the fix from acura and that I take the loaner car (05 TL) until I hear from them. 12/13 came and went....didn't hear a thing. On 12/14 I was getting inpatient with them so I called them and asked them what is going on. They told me that the XM unit had to replaced. They told me that the unit is backordered and no definite day. Told me to pick up the car in the afternoon.

so at 3pm on 12/14 i picked up my car and saw a huge scratch on the front left fender. I told them that it wasn't there when I left it. They gave me the run around but then agreed to fix it for me. They tried buffing it and didn't come off, so they tried to use touch up paint and looks horrible. They told me to come back when the XM unit arrived and they'll fix it better for me. Now the scratch is about 1/2 inch so I agreed.

When I drove home, I found out that the radio unit was not even touched. They told me it was replaced on 12/12. The same lights were still out.

On 12/15, 8AM , i came back furious. The service rep was very apologetic stating that both units are backordered and he does not have a arrival date. It could be a week or a month or more. The shop manager came and I confronted him again with the scratch issue and he says that after putting a few layers of touch up, he'll buff it again. I told him that all these issues should not be happening to a 800 miles car.

I had to rush to work so they told me that they'll give me a loaner until my car is fixed. Told me to leave the car in the shop. They gave me a 06 MDX as a loaner with 1000 miles on it...more than my car.

I had 800 miles on the car, been in the shop since 12/7 to who knows when. The XM and RADIO both has to be replaced (parts all backordered till who knows when). A scratch that may need the whole fender to be repainted.

This past friday I called ACS to open up a case but I don't know whose side they are on.

I need your advise. How to pursue this. Thanks in advance....
I think that you have been more than patient. I would speak with the dealership manager about invoking your local "lemon law" and ask the dealer for a permanent replacement car or your money back.