MSRP, hard to find anything othe than MSRP
Old 02-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
we hav a 04' tl and was lurking round the dealership; got a quote for a Rl

came out to 49,890 including dest.

Please put ur price quotes here for comparison for future shoppers
Why not just browse the stickied thread at the top for RL owners to sign in where everybody lists when and where they bought, what they paid, and what options they got?
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25
Old 02-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
I received this via email today. The discounts are seriusly kicking in overdrive. I beleive you could easily get on at invoice now. Check this email out.

The Time Has Finally Arrived!!!!

New 2005
*** RL***
Pricing has been reduced at last!!!

$ 46,900.00

Just wanted to let you know about the price change. Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope to talk with you soon.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
TL-S driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
I received this via email today. The discounts are seriusly kicking in overdrive. I beleive you could easily get on at invoice now. Check this email out.

The Time Has Finally Arrived!!!!

New 2005
*** RL***
Pricing has been reduced at last!!!

$ 46,900.00

Just wanted to let you know about the price change. Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope to talk with you soon.
Where and who did you get that price from? Is that including destination? 46,9 seems very low and I have a feeling that destination is not included in that price. If it is, DAMN!
Old 02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
TL-S driver

btw, the MSRP incuding destination is $49,470
Old 02-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Cruisin'

I approached a dealer in Dallas in December, and they laughed at me when I said I'd pay not a penny over $45,000 (what I expected). They have been calling me periodically, slowly dropping the price. Well, just a few days ago they called and met my price and had the car I *had* wanted. The RL is a great car, but I've now decided I want another vehicle and am not willing to sacrifice my personal preference for the price differential.

In other words -- you can get a great price, if you have patience!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by goldendragon576
Where and who did you get that price from? Is that including destination? 46,9 seems very low and I have a feeling that destination is not included in that price. If it is, DAMN!
Goldendragon576,

I got that price from a dealer here in Houston. That price was destination included. I got my car 4 weeks ago for $45,725 with the wood steering wheel, wood shift knob and trunk tray installed. $49,000 total drive out
Old 02-09-2005, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear

price paid

I paid $45,600 before TTL and that included wheel locks and splash guard. Got the price from one southern Ca. dealer and two other dealers agreed to match it. Purchase date Jan 29, 2005
Old 02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Cruisin'

Question

Goldendragon576,

I got that price from a dealer here in Houston. That price was destination included. I got my car 4 weeks ago for $45,725 with the wood steering wheel, wood shift knob and trunk tray installed. $49,000 total drive out
Hou-RL, did you get it from J.E. Acura (abbrev. intended)? My sister's in Houston and she's thinking maybe you got it from that dealership.

I am bargaining for this car now for $49k total drive out. Dealer gives $50k out the door, and they include wood steering wheel, wood knob, trunk tray, allseason mats, splash guard, wheel lock, and spoiler. is $50K a good price for all these? please advise! i still hold on to my original offer of $49K, and they say i can come back if i change my mind...
Old 02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
2007 Lexus GS 350

Well this is disturbing as if cars are selling for $46K then if you were to trn around and sell it now a delaer would give you $40K. I gues those of us that were early adopters get screwed.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

Originally Posted by dtrose
Well this is disturbing as if cars are selling for $46K then if you were to trn around and sell it now a delaer would give you $40K. I gues those of us that were early adopters get screwed.
Of course.

But I'd drive myself insane if I worried about every dollar I wasted, every dollar I lost, every bad investment I made, every missed opportunity. Suck it up, forget about it, enjoy what you have!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Racer

Well, um, yes - it's the price that early adopters always pay whether it's for cars or stereos or TV's or whatnot. If you havetohaveitrightnow then that's just the way it is - nothing's changed. I hope this doesn't come as a surprise.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
2007 Lexus GS 350

It just seems like a substantial drop from MSRP. First it was NOTHING and then 4K. Even the Dealers are not taking $4K off of the TL's yet (w/Navi).
Old 02-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Cruisin'

It just seems like a substantial drop from MSRP. First it was NOTHING and then 4K. Even the Dealers are not taking $4K off of the TL's yet (w/Navi).
i believe it could be because the difference on invoice price vs MSRP on the TL is only $3K, compared to $5500 on the RL. if dealers take $4K off on the RL, they are still making nice profits!
Back to my earlier post/question, would you grab it if they offer $50K total drive out which includes the 7 options?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Yeah, but what color combo's are we talking about here ? Ugly beige/beige or Blaclk/Ebony ? I don't think you find a black on black for that price !
Old 02-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
Yeah, but what color combo's are we talking about here ? Ugly beige/beige or Blaclk/Ebony ? I don't think you find a black on black for that price !
carbon gray/taupe
Old 02-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Acura4
Hou-RL, did you get it from J.E. Acura (abbrev. intended)? My sister's in Houston and she's thinking maybe you got it from that dealership.

I am bargaining for this car now for $49k total drive out. Dealer gives $50k out the door, and they include wood steering wheel, wood knob, trunk tray, allseason mats, splash guard, wheel lock, and spoiler. is $50K a good price for all these? please advise! i still hold on to my original offer of $49K, and they say i can come back if i change my mind...

Acura4,

No the dealer was not J.E., but I can say that they were my first choice since they offer great customer service and some other goodies. However, $50K out the door is a great deal if you ask me. The rear spoiler makes that a great deal along with all of the other goodies offered. I believe they will meet you in the middle. If you have that $50K in writing, then I can refer you to someone who can probably get you at $49500 drive out. Either way, I think its a heck of a deal. Especially since the dealer is making holdback and money on the front end also. Email me if you want to take this offline.

BTW,,, What color combo are you looking to buy.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Taupe interior: Lower resale value

Black interior: HIGER DEMAND RESALE VALUE..................................

It's a fact !
Old 02-10-2005, 03:00 PM
office monkey

Originally Posted by 8-)
Of course.

But I'd drive myself insane if I worried about every dollar I wasted, every dollar I lost, every bad investment I made, every missed opportunity. Suck it up, forget about it, enjoy what you have!
Agreed.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Isn't it pretty standard that when a brand new model comes out the dealers ask MSRP and as sales cool off they start making deals??? I didn't expect the dealers to cave so quickly, but I certainly knew it would happen before it was time for me to trade the car in... and I usually don't keep them very long.

I paid MSRP and don't feel I got screwed at all. I went in with my eyes open, knowing the price would drop eventually, but 1) I wanted it when I wanted it and was willing to pay and 2) the '04 TL I traded in on it would ALSO be worth much less at this point.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Pro

Taupe interior: Lower resale value

Black interior: HIGER DEMAND RESALE VALUE..................................

It's a fact !
Back at ya!

I love my taupe interior, think it is the classiest color I've seen in any automobile, and always receive compliments from anyone who rides in the car.

And how, exactly, did you become the expert on RL resale values?

I could have easily ordered black instead of taupe when I put my name on the list, but I wasn't crazy about it. That doesn't mean I'm going to go into this forum and trash it when there are other owners that made that choice.

Kiss my
Old 02-10-2005, 05:55 PM
2007 Lexus GS 350

Off and Running!
Old 02-10-2005, 06:45 PM
8-)

Originally Posted by dseag2
Back at ya!

I love my taupe interior, think it is the classiest color I've seen in any automobile, and always receive compliments from anyone who rides in the car.

And how, exactly, did you become the expert on RL resale values?

I could have easily ordered black instead of taupe when I put my name on the list, but I wasn't crazy about it. That doesn't mean I'm going to go into this forum and trash it when there are other owners that made that choice.

Kiss my
I have the black interior. But I sure as shit didn't buy black because of resale value! I didn't know then, and I don't know now, what has a better resale value. Really, if I'm spending this kind of money on a car, I'm not thinking about how much it's worth when I sell it, I'm thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy it when I drive it.

And the taupe interior is beautiful. Unfortunately, my kids are dirty slobs, and the light interior was darn close to black when I sold my last car, so I figured this time I would just start with black. Maybe it'll turn taupe
Old 02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro

Shale hands and come out fighting! Listen for the bell. Now shake hands and kick his A%$!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 8-)
I have the black interior. But I sure as shit didn't buy black because of resale value! I didn't know then, and I don't know now, what has a better resale value. Really, if I'm spending this kind of money on a car, I'm not thinking about how much it's worth when I sell it, I'm thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy it when I drive it.

And the taupe interior is beautiful. Unfortunately, my kids are dirty slobs, and the light interior was darn close to black when I sold my last car, so I figured this time I would just start with black. Maybe it'll turn taupe
Well said, 8-)
These claims of ever-lower prices paid for this buggy... they'll be saying they nailed it for 39,995 come late Saturday nite after a few pops at the local dive. But they won't say where they found this dealer whop begged them to take the car at a loss.
But I remeber vaguely how this works. When you're a certain age, the deal is how bad you screwed somebody on a deal. But when you get to the other side of the age spectrum, it's neither how bad you screwed somebody or how bad you got screwed. It's how WELL you got screwed. Those are memories you take with you into the descending fog.
I don't remember exactly what I paid for this thing, but it was probably right around MSRP, and whatever it was it was just fine. I drove the car a few days ago. I don't remember exactly when. But I recall it was just a fine ride, once again. The bugs seem to have worked themselves out and the new RL appears to be a fine deal -- unless it decides to take a big dump in one of the major mechanical areas. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

m
Old 02-11-2005, 07:42 AM
8-)

Originally Posted by mungoac
Well said, 8-)
These claims of ever-lower prices paid for this buggy... they'll be saying they nailed it for 39,995 come late Saturday nite after a few pops at the local dive. But they won't say where they found this dealer whop begged them to take the car at a loss.
But I remeber vaguely how this works. When you're a certain age, the deal is how bad you screwed somebody on a deal. But when you get to the other side of the age spectrum, it's neither how bad you screwed somebody or how bad you got screwed. It's how WELL you got screwed. Those are memories you take with you into the descending fog.
I don't remember exactly what I paid for this thing, but it was probably right around MSRP, and whatever it was it was just fine. I drove the car a few days ago. I don't remember exactly when. But I recall it was just a fine ride, once again. The bugs seem to have worked themselves out and the new RL appears to be a fine deal -- unless it decides to take a big dump in one of the major mechanical areas. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

m
Yes sir, it's not the first time I've heard "I can get a great bargain, but I can't tell you where." But who cares.

And I do enjoy my ride every day. And the funny thing is, I'll enjoy it even more when the newness wears off. Then I can get past "them new car blues," stop worrying about parking lot dings and the moron that tailgates me in a school zone in his Yukon. But yeah, I'm enjoying the new wheels just fine!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:48 AM
8-)

Shale hands and come out fighting! Listen for the bell. Now shake hands and kick his A%$!
and Dtrose:
Off and Running!
Hmmm, notice something in common between these guys? I think the Texans are looking to watch a fight! I think you guys should just argue about where the better bar-b-que is, Houston or Dallas. I remember Sonny Brien's was pretty damn good. Located right next to a McDonalds, of all places.

Now you Texans need to stop provoking. But if you want to provide the entertainment, I'll be here!
Old 02-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Pro

Off and Running!
My apologies to everyone if my response about the Taupe interior was a bit harsh, but I've been on this forum for over 3 months and I've had to put up with trolls who have no interest in the RL coming in and criticizing to pick fights. The forum seems to have settled down recently and now actually includes productive discussions among owners. IMO, that makes it a more infomative place to post, and the last thing we need is an RL owner coming in and bashing other owners' choices. As far as I'm concerned, no matter what color choice you made you didn't go wrong.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mungoac
Well said, 8-)

m

mungoac,

I dont care who gets a great deal on the RL. I just didn't understand the rules here on this forum. Some forums are very strict about certain information and some let it all out. With that said, I purchased my Car at Sterling Mcall Acura in Houston for $49K driveout about Jan 12. I had the same offer available at Gillman Acura and John Eagle would have matched it. I purchased from Mcall simply because they had the car and all others were going to have to trade from MCall to get the Lakeshore Silver. Interior didn't matter because the Ebony or Taupe both appeal to me. The more RL's they sale I beleive that it would only increase the resale for the cars.
Honestly, I have never ever purchased a black interior and thought it was time to take a chance. Light color interiors seem to appeal to me more.

BTW..
I think I can get the car for $1 if I try really hard!
Old 02-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Cruisin'

I was offered $45,000 on a white on taupe. Probably not one of the 'hottest' color combos out there.

This price was from Goodson Acura in Dallas.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by saabfan
I was offered $45,000 on a white on taupe. Probably not one of the 'hottest' color combos out there.

This price was from Goodson Acura in Dallas.

Saabfan,

In December they were selling RL's for $3K off MSRP at all of te Acura dealerships. Im not sure what sparked that deal but thats how I knew I could get my deal here in Houston. I would have purchased the car at MSRP at the time since I think the car is worth every penny and I just dont have any issues with it.

I belieive that resale on this car will be as good a as resale on any car will allow. Lets be real about auto resale, cars dont have a value, only a percieved value and that's based on supply and demand. I purchased 90K cars and could never get any expect that money back if I wanted to. However, my best purchases have been Civic EX's previously. I use them for daily drivers and trade at 45K - 50K miles and still get a great resale if you ask me. I now drive an 05 Accord as my daily driver and highly doubt if I will get a decent resale. Especially since I paid $300 behind invoice for it.

Just my
Old 02-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Cruisin'

Saabfan,

In December they were selling RL's for $3K off MSRP at all of te Acura dealerships. Im not sure what sparked that deal but thats how I knew I could get my deal here in Houston. I would have purchased the car at MSRP at the time since I think the car is worth every penny and I just dont have any issues with it.
I agree -- I wouldn't have been so firm on my offer price in December had I not had a lease to finish. That's why I could just say 'take it or leave it', as I wasn't really in the position to buy at that point anyway. Granted, if they had offered me $45k back in December, I would have probably bought it right then and there.