software update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
software update

for the transmission shudder. There is a tsb about this and it states that the tranny fluid goes bad quickly due to high temps. They say a fush and an update that will run the fluid cooler is the fix. Wondering if it is out yet.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:58 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am experiencing this exact same problem between 60km/h to 80 km/h. The dealer Lougheed Acura recently flushed the transmission and stated they did a software update. It made no difference. The stutter is even worse during turns on a city highway. I am also experiencing a lot of vibration when I'm sitting at intersections, the whole truck vibrates, almost like the truck is struggling to breath.

Lougheed Acura also changed the Engine Air filter, did a transmission service and software reset. It did not solve any of the problems. I'm also including a picture of what my Air Filter looks like after it was changed by Lougheed acura. The picture was taken about 12 hours ago.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
begs the question - when was the last time the filter was changed ?

what does dealer want to do next if the issue is still happening ? i would get it documented.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:07 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by kipsy
begs the question - when was the last time the filter was changed ?

what does dealer want to do next if the issue is still happening ? i would get it documented.
Lougheed Acura said the truck was leased from them in 2013 and fully serviced by them throughout the lease. The filter looks like its the same one since it left factory, doesn't appear to ever been changed during any prior servicing or the 125 point certified used inspection.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:15 PM
tal
Advanced

I have the same issue and like to know when the fix is in.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:44 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by hovbuild
for the transmission shudder. There is a tsb about this and it states that the tranny fluid goes bad quickly due to high temps. They say a fush and an update that will run the fluid cooler is the fix. Wondering if it is out yet.
The transmission shudder on my RDX turned out to be a Propeller shaft.
Based on google searches, appears to be a common Acura RDX problem.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 AM
tal
Advanced

Originally Posted by Beamer
Was this Service Bulletin 14-001 that you had done to your RDX?
Old 03-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beamer
Yep, our 2013 had the same problem. Dealer replaced the entire "prop" shaft (drive shaft) a few weeks ago with the new "upgraded" shaft and all is well again. Apparently, there are some rubber couplings or bushings where the shaft connects to the front and rear diffs that get hard during very cold weather causing the vibration.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:26 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by tal
Was this Service Bulletin 14-001 that you had done to your RDX?
Invoice says Bulletin A-2-14. There's no other explination.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 303 Likes on 211 Posts
'15 RDX AWD with 19k miles. I reported in another thread that I began to get some odd behavior with shifting at speeds that were similar to when the torque converter would engage/release. I had the TSB completed a couple of weeks ago (fluid change, SW update) and the problem was resolved. In my case the problem came on slowly over a couple of months, and other than the shift points it was smooth as silk. I'd say if the issue you're seeing is more prevalent across the speed range, then the prop shaft bulletin might be a more appropriate way to go.

andy