2017 RDX and tech - A13 after 5000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 RDX and tech - A13 after 5000 miles

Hi

Does anyone know if the transmission service indicator is based on mileage or a sensor?
I just got the tranny fluid replaced at 25000 miles as recommended by the dealership because I was getting a shuddering sound. Now the car has 30000 and is showing the A13 service which is also for oil plus transmission service.

I’m a little worried if the transmission is in trouble.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2019, 01:50 PM
Pro

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts
The MID (multi information display) is showing a code for trans service based entirely on how many oil change intervals have passed.
Only oil changes are based on an actual algorithm. The fourth oil change will show codes for stuff that used to be a 30k interval. (like cabin and engine air filters)
Keep in mind that a normal drain & fill of the transmission only replaces 1/3 of the fluid. So while it might be a little early to do it again,
doing it again before the 60k code is advised. That shudder indicates deteriorated fluid. Regularly changing ATF in Honda automatics has always been a thing.
This lighter weight RDX maybe not so much, but the heavy, often loaded MDX, Pilot, & Odysseys, every other oil change is not crazy, especially for folks keeping them
and not just leasing for 3 years.