2017 rdx remote start turns off when I open the car

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 rdx remote start turns off when I open the car

I just purchased a 2017 Acura RDX and had the dealer install a remote starter as an accessory. The accessory works well starts the car I'll put a soon as I turn to open the car door is shut the engine off are there any fixes for this? I have looked in the troubleshooters guide but don't see much about this ?
Old 05-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
That perhaps is the nature of the beast. I have previously heard of other remote starters that did the same thing. My 2016 RDX Tech came standard with a remote starter. The engine does not stop when I open the driver's door, but rather when I engage the brake pedal.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The remote start that came with my 2017 Advanced doesn't shut off unless I hit the engine start button without engaging the brake pedal. Yours might be an after market remote start. You would have to look at the manufactures operating instructions, and see if you can program it differently.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by alexderaven
The remote start that came with my 2017 Advanced doesn't shut off unless I hit the engine start button without engaging the brake pedal. Yours might be an after market remote start. You would have to look at the manufactures operating instructions, and see if you can program it differently.
I have a 2016 RDX Advance that comes with the OEM remote start and it works fine (doesn’t shut off) unless like alexderaven said pressing the start button without engaging the brake pedal. The remote start also turns on the HVAC automatically to heat or cool the cabin depending on what the outside temperature is. Note: When using the remote start the engine will run and the HVAC will be on but the electronics and gauges remain black until you enter the car and press the brake and start stop button and then everything comes on.