Favorites: White Diamond Pearl or Fathom Blue Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 03:41 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Favorites: White Diamond Pearl or Fathom Blue Pearl

When I went to a dealership last weekend to see the 2017s, they had a FBP in the showroom. I absolutely loved the way it looked. I also think the WDP looks amazing.

The WDP is available now but they will be receiving a FBP sometime between August 28th and early September. Should I hold out until the FBP comes in? They'll reserve it for me if I give them a $500 deposit.

If you have photos of either to help me decide, awesome! (Saw some WDPs posted already.)

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
You may wish to consider the interior colors they come with, if that matters to you. But ya, the FBP and WDP are both awesome colors. The FBP only comes with the grey interior, which I personally dislike to the extent that it is a deal killer. WDP comes with Parchment or Ebony interior.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:58 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
You may wish to consider the interior colors they come with, if that matters to you. But ya, the FBP and WDP are both awesome colors. The FBP only comes with the grey interior, which I personally dislike to the extent that it is a deal killer. WDP comes with Parchment or Ebony interior.
Hi - thanks.

I heard back today from the dealership and I learned more about the FBP they were willing to reserve for me. It's coming straight from the factory on a trailer (so it'll be a true "virgin" - as opposed to a car already sitting in their inventory, which someone could've potentially driven on a a test drive). Nice.

You're right that it comes with a "Graystone Leather" interior. When I said I didn't want to be grayed out, overwhelmed by all the grayness everywhere, I felt better when he said it's broken up by black at the right places (Steering wheel, dashboard, door handles, floors). I also looked at Acura's website where they have the 360° view of the interior in the Graystone, and honestly, I thought it looked awesome.

From Acura.comI also think it will go real well with the FBP exterior. So...I went ahead and reserved it ($500 deposit).

Definitely think that you can't lose with a WDP with either interior option either!

Old 08-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
Hi - thanks.

I heard back today from the dealership and I learned more about the FBP they were willing to reserve for me. It's coming straight from the factory on a trailer (so it'll be a true "virgin" - as opposed to a car already sitting in their inventory, which someone could've potentially driven on a a test drive). Nice.

You're right that it comes with a "Graystone Leather" interior. When I said I didn't want to be grayed out, overwhelmed by all the grayness everywhere, I felt better when he said it's broken up by black at the right places (Steering wheel, dashboard, door handles, floors). I also looked at Acura's website where they have the 360° view of the interior in the Graystone, and honestly, I thought it looked awesome.

From Acura.comI also think it will go real well with the FBP exterior. So...I went ahead and reserved it ($500 deposit).

Definitely think that you can't lose with a WDP with either interior option either!
I vote for FBP. It is going to be a much rarer color down the line and that way you feel a bit more exclusive and can help with resale (like it did with my 2007 RDX in a very similar color called royal blue pearl). Also graystone is actually a BEAUTIFUL color and this is coming from someone who despises gray interiors. It is not really gray, it is somewhat of a mix between cream and grey. Very light and cheery and it has a depth to it that makes it feel very rich. You will love it.

You can't go wrong either way, but for what it is worth, I feel like you really want the blue. Get the blue.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by RDX10
I vote for FBP. It is going to be a much rarer color down the line and that way you feel a bit more exclusive and can help with resale (like it did with my 2007 RDX in a very similar color called royal blue pearl). Also graystone is actually a BEAUTIFUL color and this is coming from someone who despises gray interiors. It is not really gray, it is somewhat of a mix between cream and grey. Very light and cheery and it has a depth to it that makes it feel very rich. You will love it.

You can't go wrong either way, but for what it is worth, I feel like you really want the blue. Get the blue.
Thanks for the additional descriptions! Cool to be rare. The guy I was working with at the dealership said it was hard to find and when they get any they go quick. So, anyway, I did go for it - reserved the incoming FBP. Now for the waiting game until August 28th or so. I must come up with something to distract me or I'll go nuts...lol.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks for the additional descriptions! Cool to be rare. The guy I was working with at the dealership said it was hard to find and when they get any they go quick. So, anyway, I did go for it - reserved the incoming FBP. Now for the waiting game until August 28th or so. I must come up with something to distract me or I'll go nuts...lol.
Good choice man and congrats! Post some pics for us! I love that color combo.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:59 PM
Pro

Good choice man and congrats! Post some pics for us! I love that color combo.
Hey, thanks! I can hardly wait, but it will be so worth it, I know. The more I look at photos of the FBP and Graystone Leather the more I love it (and the more the wait tries my patience...lol).

I'll post pics...
Old 08-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Hi - thanks.

That looks awesome. Gray is my favorite interior choice. I have basically the same setup with the gray and black in my 1st Gen. I never get tired of the look!
Old 08-20-2016, 10:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey, thanks! I can hardly wait, but it will be so worth it, I know. The more I look at photos of the FBP and Graystone Leather the more I love it (and the more the wait tries my patience...lol).

I'll post pics...
You wanna talk about tried parience? I have a new (to me) MDX sitting in my garage for the past 2 weeks that I can't insure until this monday...I have been soooo tempted to say F it and drive but it is way too risky.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:39 PM
Racer

You wanna talk about tried parience? I have a new (to me) MDX sitting in my garage for the past 2 weeks that I can't insure until this monday...I have been soooo tempted to say F it and drive but it is way too risky.
LOL! About three months ago, I somehow managed to forget to make an insurance payment. The grace period expired and the insurance lapsed. They sent a letter in the mail to notify me but I thought it was the next bill so filed it away in my "to be paid" stack without opening it. When I made my next payment, I discovered I had been driving for roughly 2 weeks without insurance. Freaked me out. Needless to say I paid immediately by phone and will never put off opening another letter from Geico again!

I can laugh now but it sure wasn't funny at the moment I realized my error and it definitely wouldn't have been funny had I gotten into an accident.

Last edited by Acuramon; 08-20-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:10 PM
Pro

Yeah, I can totally relate. That's an excruciating 2 weeks of waiting - especially since it's sitting right there taunting you.

But, here comes, Monday!!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:17 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Acuramon
That looks awesome. Gray is my favorite interior choice. I have basically the same setup with the gray and black in my 1st Gen. I never get tired of the look!
I had never considered a gray interior until I found out the RDX in my favorite color (blue), in this case the FBP, only comes in Graystone. But it's so well executed and looks smart & coordinated with the blue exterior...SOLD.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:55 PM
Racer

Yeah, I can totally relate. That's an excruciating 2 weeks of waiting - especially since it's sitting right there taunting you.

Is there some kind of 2 week waiting period to insure where you are? I've never heard of that.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:23 AM
Suzuka Master

LOL! About three months ago, I somehow managed to forget to make an insurance payment. The grace period expired and the insurance lapsed. They sent a letter in the mail to notify me but I thought it was the next bill so filed it away in my "to be paid" stack without opening it. When I made my next payment, I discovered I had been driving for roughly 2 weeks without insurance. Freaked me out. Needless to say I paid immediately by phone and will never put off opening another letter from Geico again!

I can laugh now but it sure wasn't funny at the moment I realized my error and it definitely wouldn't have been funny had I gotten into an accident.
That is a truly sobering experience. The ticket for that here is 2800 + 250 + 50 per night at the impound. Not something I want to have to go through. That is a nice set of wheels!

Right! It is just sitting there. On the plus side, I have managed to clean everything. I even opened the hood and went to town.

Is there some kind of 2 week waiting period to insure where you are? I've never heard of that.
No there is not, but due to my past insurance situation, I have to shuffle some cars around and it is going to take that amount of time. It could have been done this friday, but it t
Old 08-21-2016, 02:23 AM
Suzuka Master

That is a truly sobering experience. The ticket for that here is 2800 + 250 + 50 per night at the impound. Not something I want to have to go through. That is a nice set of wheels!

Right! It is just sitting there. On the plus side, I have managed to clean everything. I even opened the hood and went to town.

No there is not, but due to my past insurance situation, I have to shuffle some cars around and it is going to take that amount of time because I have been really busy and unable to. It could have been done this friday, but I was too busy so I have to wait till Monday.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:07 AM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Grey interior is what kept me from getting the car in FBP. It looks OK (barely) until you see the ebony. Anything but black is just too light. My 2 cents.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:31 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by dirleton
Grey interior is what kept me from getting the car in FBP. It looks OK (barely) until you see the ebony. Anything but black is just too light. My 2 cents.
This is definitely a "to each his own" thing. We all have to live with our decision for several/many years to come. The hardest part could be deciding, but then you're released once you make the decision - just make double-triple sure!
Old 08-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Blue was the first one we looked at. My wife said "let's hope they have a black interior".
Old 08-21-2016, 10:56 PM
Racer

This is definitely a "to each his own" thing. We all have to live with our decision for several/many years to come. The hardest part could be deciding, but then you're released once you make the decision - just make double-triple sure!
That's very true. I avoided black interior like the plague for a long time just because I believed it made the interior hotter and the weather is warm year around where I live. In my ML, I would have rather had gray, cream or beige interior but the best deals always seemed to have black interior so I finally gave in. It's grown on me over the past few months and it's not noticeably hotter than the gray interior in our RDX. So, to each their own. Some people swear by black interior. I say all of them have their pluses and minuses. I've yet to come across a color combination that Acura uses that's truly hideous.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:18 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by dirleton
The ebony would look awesome with the FBP. Just a personal preference, nothing more.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:44 AM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
I would have loved to get the BLUE... I see one driving around my area and holy crap, the contrast with the chrome and the deep blue... looks absolutely gorgeous.... here are a couple of twins at the dealership... but alas, i chose WDP as I wanted a break from a 'dark color'.

Favorites: White Diamond Pearl or Fathom Blue Pearl-1yfprz7.jpg
Favorites: White Diamond Pearl or Fathom Blue Pearl-jxgtj8z.jpg
Old 08-22-2016, 02:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Acura604
I would have loved to get the BLUE... I see one driving around my area and holy crap, the contrast with the chrome and the deep blue... looks absolutely gorgeous.... here are a couple of twins at the dealership... but alas, i chose WDP as I wanted a break from a 'dark color'.

This is BY FAR my favorite color on the 1G and 2G rdx. I especially love the contrast with all the chrome trim.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:05 AM
Pro

That's very true. I avoided black interior like the plague for a long time just because I believed it made the interior hotter and the weather is warm year around where I live. In my ML, I would have rather had gray, cream or beige interior but the best deals always seemed to have black interior so I finally gave in. It's grown on me over the past few months and it's not noticeably hotter than the gray interior in our RDX. So, to each their own. Some people swear by black interior. I say all of them have their pluses and minuses. I've yet to come across a color combination that Acura uses that's truly hideous.
Exactly. And I actually wouldn't have minded the Ebony; I would've considered it had it been a choice (still totally happy with the Graystone Leather...lol). With the Advance package, even with maybe a little more heat retention with all-black seats, it's mitigated by the cooling / ventilation feature.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:11 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Acura604

Great photos! I'm the opposite - coming from a WDP ( '11 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring) and wanted a break from white (wife has a white car, too)...lol. And blue being my favorite, this will be awesome. It should arrive at the dealership on a trailer as early as this coming Sunday.

The FHP will also look good with my Air Force plates!

Old 04-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It all comes down to a personal preference. What with the color combinations that Acura offers, one does not always have a choice. My new Acura RDX is white as was my last 2 vehicles, only because darker colors seem to need to be washed and polished more often to look good (but oh that metallic blue sure does look some pretty when it is shined up!). I sure which I had the option of having the grey interior with the white exterior (as some other luxury models offer) but that was not to be, so in my case I chose the black interior. I am not crazy about the black interior but evidently a lot of others are. I trade my vehicles every second year and I have already had 2 people ask to buy my RDX when I want to sell it. (It may have 30,000 km, or 18,000 miles, on it by then)