2013 RDX AWD TECH Silver Moon w/Ebony Leather

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2013 RDX AWD TECH Silver Moon w/Ebony Leather

Here are some current photos of my 2013 RDX AWD Tech in Silver Moon with Ebony Leather interior. The second photo shows the information panel as a light blue color. Something I had not noticed before in bright light. I am very pleased with the Silver Moon and Ebony interior, since my previous 2001 MDX was Mesa Beige with a tan interior. So, my new ride is completely different from my old ride. And I am very pleased with the wood trim. It accents the interior very nicely.

Regards, Jim

[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The following users liked this post:
snowlion (08-24-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Very nice Jim!
That's the one I would have gone with if I didn't have a yellow dog who sheds everywhere!

I like the wood with the ebony interior - it provides a nice contrast.

You'll have to let us know how the side molding holds up/helps with door dings. I'll just have to always park a mile out!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bh9712
Very nice Jim!
That's the one I would have gone with if I didn't have a yellow dog who sheds everywhere!

I like the wood with the ebony interior - it provides a nice contrast.

You'll have to let us know how the side molding holds up/helps with door dings. I'll just have to always park a mile out!
Actually your car was my first "want". I wanted a light exterior and interior. The Forged Silver Metallic was one of the few with the Parchment interior. But, when I went to the dealer I was shown a Forged Silver Metallic on another car and I thought it was too blue. (It looks great on your RDX.) Then I was shown the Silver Moon and Ebony interior and changed my mind. It looks like we are both happy with our decisions.

I will be taking long walks from where I park to my destination for quite a while. I don't trust the side moldings to protect from the average parking lot klutz.

Regards, Jim
Old 07-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Great color combo, interior/exterior. I'm torn between this color and white.

If you get a chance could you do me a huge favor and measure two things for me? The width of the rear hatch opening and the length from the rear hatch to the back of the front seats?

I know this is an odd request but I have two Greyhounds and I'm curious to know if the RDX is going to be big enough for the two of them and how it compares to my current VW Touareg as far as the cargo space goes. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fleuger99

If you get a chance could you do me a huge favor and measure two things for me? The width of the rear hatch opening and the length from the rear hatch to the back of the front seats?

I know this is an odd request but I have two Greyhounds and I'm curious to know if the RDX is going to be big enough for the two of them and how it compares to my current VW Touareg as far as the cargo space goes. Thanks.
The opening is 49 1/2 inches at the hatch and 41 1/2 at the rear seat because of wheel well intrusion. The intrusion starts 19 inches from the hatch. Hatch to rear seat back is 34 inches.

Good luck, Jim
The following 2 users liked this post by hawkeye62:
blSwagger (10-25-2012), fleuger99 (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hawkeye62
The opening is 49 1/2 inches at the hatch and 41 1/2 at the rear seat because of wheel well intrusion. The intrusion starts 19 inches from the hatch. Hatch to rear seat back is 34 inches.

Good luck, Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for taking the time to get me the measurements. Only other thing, I was more curious to know the hatch to front seats measurements as right now we usually have the rear seats down. If you get the opportunity. Thanks again.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Instructor

Good luck, Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for taking the time to get me the measurements. Only other thing, I was more curious to know the hatch to front seats measurements as right now we usually have the rear seats down. If you get the opportunity. Thanks again.

Craig
Old 07-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 229 Posts
Looks good, enjoy.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Racer

Hi Jim,

Craig
No problem. It is 67 inches from the hatch to the back of the front seat.

Jim
Old 07-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Instructor

No problem. It is 67 inches from the hatch to the back of the front seat.

Jim
AWESOME!! That is exactly the same length as my Touareg. I can see a RDX in my future

Thanks again Jim for all your help.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts

This is why I love these forums. I am going through the same process of finding a car that will fit my two greyhounds. I am curious how it worked out for you, fleugor99. Did you get an RDX after all? And if so, how do you like it now?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wizardjjr
This is why I love these forums. I am going through the same process of finding a car that will fit my two greyhounds. I am curious how it worked out for you, fleugor99. Did you get an RDX after all? And if so, how do you like it now?
Hey, a fellow GH'er! :-) I am just at the initial stages of my search but so far looking pretty much like it will be the RDX AWD with Tech Pkg. There is not much else out there in this segment that has this much usable cargo room in this price range.

Are your dogs retired racers? They are absolutely amazing dogs. Our female is a little beaten up with a broken rear leg from racing. It shakes most of the time from nerve damage. She is lucky she was a good racer so they ket her to breed two litters. If not, excellent chance they would have put her down. As you know, the dogs are disposable to the owners/racers.

Here are my two, male in front female at the back.

The following users liked this post:
wizardjjr (07-30-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Fleuger....Good looking dogs you have there...It is great to see people who will care for these animals that don't get the life they deserve by people who just them for racing!

BTW....It appears that you have a GM product there, is that correct?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by weather
Fleuger....Good looking dogs you have there...It is great to see people who will care for these animals that don't get the life they deserve by people who just them for racing!

BTW....It appears that you have a GM product there, is that correct?
Thanks Weather, they are amazing dogs. So well behaved, always willing to please and are big couch potatos. I walk them for 45 minutes twice a day, longer hikes on weekends and between that they sleep a ton lol!

It is not a GM vehicle, it was my wife's 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Great looking and decent interior but within a week of taking delivery the vehicle was back at the dealer every two weeks or less for 7 visits due to the air suspension failing. On the 7th visit I filed a lemon law claim and Jeep fought it but MA law supported me and they were forced to reimbuse me every penny I spent on the vehicle except for some mileage use. My first and last domestic product ever.

Here is a pic

Old 07-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
[QUOTE=fleuger99;13937073].... So well behaved, always willing to please and are big couch potatos.]

I had to re-read as I almost recognized myself in that statement....

Now as far as a domestic, after tasting the Japanese vehicles, It would be hard for me to go domestic again. BTW...nice house but couldn't you have not posted a picture showing SNOW!! For god sake, I am trying to squeeze everything left of summer.....*sigh* (lol)

Last edited by weather; 07-30-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Instructor

[quote=weather;13937856]
.... So well behaved, always willing to please and are big couch potatos.]

I had to re-read as I almost recognized myself in that statement....

Now as far as a domestic, after tasting the Japanese vehicles, It would be hard for me to go domestic again. BTW...nice house but couldn't you have not posted a picture showing SNOW!! For god sake, I am trying to squeeze everything left of summer.....*sigh* (lol)
Appologies This is one of the better pics I have of the Jeep. After half a dozen visits to the dealer within a few months one stop enjoying it and taking pics lol!

Personally, I have only owned two Japanese cars in my life, a 1988 Toyota Corolla (great car at the time) and a 2006 Subaru Legacy 3.0 which I absolutely hated and ditched after only 7 months. The rest have been VW's, two Audi's and two BMW's.

Thanks for comment on the house. We had it built so the interior design is unique and really uses the space well. It all sits on 2 acres. I love having to walk over to my neighbors but not hear or generally see them unless I want to
Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey, a fellow GH'er! :-) I am just at the initial stages of my search but so far looking pretty much like it will be the RDX AWD with Tech Pkg. There is not much else out there in this segment that has this much usable cargo room in this price range.

Are your dogs retired racers? They are absolutely amazing dogs. Our female is a little beaten up with a broken rear leg from racing. It shakes most of the time from nerve damage. She is lucky she was a good racer so they ket her to breed two litters. If not, excellent chance they would have put her down. As you know, the dogs are disposable to the owners/racers.

Here are my two, male in front female at the back.
Fleuger99, your greys are a very interesting colors. And they look like they fit perfectly in your previous SUV. Thanks for sharing that photo.

My greys are both retired racers. My girlfriend and I love the breed. Our second grey is new to the household. And we are still getting used to having 2 dogs in the equation.

I am curious to know your opinion of the accessories for the RDX, such as the Cargo Liner, Cargo Tray, and 2nd Row Seat Covers. Would these be good options to have for our 2 greys? We will be getting an RDX soon and I am trying to decide on our accessories.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to hawkeye62 for images of his Silver Moon/Ebony. This helped us make up our mind re colours. When we saw the Silver Moon at the dealer, it was even better than what we expected! Need the Ebony interior up here in snow country.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
AWD TECH Silver Moon with Ebony is probably what I would choose, very nice.