RDX 2nd Gen. Tail exaust pipes - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

RDX 2nd Gen. Tail exaust pipes

Old 06-16-2016, 07:06 AM

RDX 2nd Gen. Tail exaust pipes

Does any try to add tail exhaust pipes on the 2nd generation RDX? Looks like it's missing some power from the look from behind. I still love the look of these dual tail exhaust pipes sticking out like the 1st generation.

I found some nice dual exhaust pipes from eBay but still hesitate to order them. Not sure it will fit well on the RDX.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

I finally got around to doing this myself. The non visible exhaust tips on the RDX always bothered me while every other small SUV on the planet seems to have visible dual exhausts. I removed the muffler, three bolts and four rubber hangers and it comes right down. I purchased two 90 degree mandrel bent 2.25" elbows from Summit Racjing. I cut off the original tips at the bend (see pictures) and inserted a piece of a 2' coupler to give the joint strength. I trimmed the Summit elbows so that they would line up with the original exhaust openings in the bumper. I used a Lincoln flux core welder to weld them on. TIG welding would be best or even MIG would be better but this was all I had. I finished them off with a couple of chrome tips from a 7th generation Accord V6 sedan (from a junkyard). I thought it came out OK for a novice.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:17 AM
JD8
Registered Member

Nice work!