2018 Acura RDX OEM Accessories

Old 01-04-2018, 11:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Acura RDX OEM Accessories

Picking up my '18 Acura RDX Advance tomorrow and was curious what you guys recommend as far as accessories go. I'm not interested in roof rails, cross bars, or tow hitches as I don't have any need for them. But I am curious if any of you have had good experiences (or otherwise) with the following accessories:

EXTERIOR:
Body side molding
Chrome lower door trim
Door edge film
Rear bumper applique
Splash guard

INTERIOR:
Cargo cover
Cargo Liner
Cargo tray
Illuminated door will trim
Rear seat covers

Would you guys recommend the OEM accessories above as opposed to an aftermarket accessory? I know some of these, such as the chrome lower door trim, etc, serve no purpose other than aesthetics. While I like the look of running boards, I think they'll probably be in the way more than anything.

Would you get all 3 of the cargo accessories? This is my first SUV, so I'm new to this cargo stuff. I often have my 65 lb. mixed breed rescue in the car with me, which is why I am likely purchasing anything that might protect the upholstery and interior at all. Please throw some opinions and your personal experience with these at me! Thanks in advance!
Old 01-05-2018, 12:11 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RDXandPuppyLover
Picking up my '18 Acura RDX Advance tomorrow and was curious what you guys recommend as far as accessories go. I'm not interested in roof rails, cross bars, or tow hitches as I don't have any need for them. But I am curious if any of you have had good experiences (or otherwise) with the following accessories:

EXTERIOR:
Body side molding
Chrome lower door trim
Door edge film
Rear bumper applique
Splash guard

INTERIOR:
Cargo cover
Cargo Liner
Cargo tray
Illuminated door will trim
Rear seat covers

Would you guys recommend the OEM accessories above as opposed to an aftermarket accessory? I know some of these, such as the chrome lower door trim, etc, serve no purpose other than aesthetics. While I like the look of running boards, I think they'll probably be in the way more than anything.

Would you get all 3 of the cargo accessories? This is my first SUV, so I'm new to this cargo stuff. I often have my 65 lb. mixed breed rescue in the car with me, which is why I am likely purchasing anything that might protect the upholstery and interior at all. Please throw some opinions and your personal experience with these at me! Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the purchase!As for the accessories, I also contemplated about most of the items you have listed but I only opted for the following:Cargo cover - I often have my bags or golf clubs in the car and would not want some idiot breaking into my car for themCargo tray - I got a great deal on it but if I were to go back, I’d get the weathertech tray instead. The sidewall on the weathertech go slightly higher than the oem tray and it also keeps items in place much better. The oem tray has a slippery surface so anything and everything goes sliding around back there if it isn’t held down somehowSplash guards - a must for canadian weatherRear bumper appliqué - only benefit to getting this is that it’s precision-cut so it’s easy to apply and does it’s job. Downside is the price. You can easily grab some ppf or vinyl, have it cut and then place it on yourself. The same concept applies to the door edge film (which i find pointless because it only protects the other car that’s being hit, and not yours) Everything else, I found not worth the price or pointless for myself
Old 01-05-2018, 01:14 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyytruong
Congrats on the purchase!As for the accessories, I also contemplated about most of the items you have listed but I only opted for the following:Cargo cover - I often have my bags or golf clubs in the car and would not want some idiot breaking into my car for themCargo tray - I got a great deal on it but if I were to go back, I’d get the weathertech tray instead. The sidewall on the weathertech go slightly higher than the oem tray and it also keeps items in place much better. The oem tray has a slippery surface so anything and everything goes sliding around back there if it isn’t held down somehowSplash guards - a must for canadian weatherRear bumper appliqué - only benefit to getting this is that it’s precision-cut so it’s easy to apply and does it’s job. Downside is the price. You can easily grab some ppf or vinyl, have it cut and then place it on yourself. The same concept applies to the door edge film (which i find pointless because it only protects the other car that’s being hit, and not yours) Everything else, I found not worth the price or pointless for myself
Thank you, Johnny! I am SO excited I can barely stand myself. You provided exactly the type of feedback I was hoping to receive. To complicate matters further, I'm also very torn on mats and/or floor liners as well. I know Weather tech mats are durable, well made mats but while doing lots of research I came across Autopreme, Luxor Mats

I love the premium look to them. But they are pricey, who knows how they will hold up to wear and tear and do what they actually are designed to do -- line the floor and protect carpet and floorboard.
[ Typical female here -- But look how pretty they look in beige or dark brown!!! ]

Anyway, I will likely get the WeatherTech liner vs. the OEM liner given all of your info detailing the differences between the two. Thanks again!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
Dog Protection

I don't have the majority of those items on my RDX but echo Johnny on the Acura rear tray being much too slippery. Go with the Weathertech. As for dog protection,
 I have this I have this
in the RDX and my dogs (Pekingese) love it. It keeps them from sliding off the seat onto the floor, protects the center console when they try to climb into the front and I think they feel more secure since they curl up and fall asleep almost immediately now.

Cheers!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RDXandPuppyLover
Thank you, Johnny! I am SO excited I can barely stand myself. You provided exactly the type of feedback I was hoping to receive. To complicate matters further, I'm also very torn on mats and/or floor liners as well. I know Weather tech mats are durable, well made mats but while doing lots of research I came across Autopreme, Luxor Mats

I love the premium look to them. But they are pricey, who knows how they will hold up to wear and tear and do what they actually are designed to do -- line the floor and protect carpet and floorboard.
[ Typical female here -- But look how pretty they look in beige or dark brown!!! ]

Anyway, I will likely get the WeatherTech liner vs. the OEM liner given all of your info detailing the differences between the two. Thanks again!
I also have the OEM floor mats, both front and back and I don't mind those. If you can save a little on the floor mats then I would go ahead with those. It's really just the cargo tray thats terrible lol
Old 01-06-2018, 02:00 AM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
For my wife’s RDX, I have installed the following oem accessories:
rear seat cover
all season mats
rear trunk tray
cargo cover
trunk net
rear bumper appliqué
door edge film
advance running boards
roof rails
cross bars
sun visor

As for aftermarket:
Wells window visors
K&N drop in filter
Morimoto XB LED foglights
JL Audio W6v3 12” sub with Amp
upgraded reverse lights, door puddle lights, license plate lights, rear dome light and cargo lid lights all with VLED 5K high output bulbs

All in all, it has drastically improved the vehicle as far as visibility, esthetics and functionality.

Enjoy your new purchase!

Old 04-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I also thought the cargo tray was very slippery. I had a can of plastic-dip sitting around which I sprayed on the cargo tray liner to help improve the grip - so far so good. Of course when you buy an Acura product, you expect it to work, without having to modify it. Either way, I do like the cargo liner, makes keeping the back clean much easier.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:23 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the only tissu I had was the rear mat seems to not want to slide under the passenger seat right. I am not new to this but I noticed the passenger seat rail mount extends further back then the drivers. The driver side fits perfect will I need to trim them?