PVC Valve Location 2015 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
PVC Valve Location 2015 RDX

Okay, part has arrived and have completed the procedure. I hadn't seen the video that I'm sharing when installing the pcv valve, but I searched for something to guide me after doing the job. LOL I had a little thing sticking in my mind when doing the work. There is a bearing
that goes between the valve and the bolt holding the valve to the block. There is a flange on the bearing , and I had forgotten if that flange on the bearing went under the valve and separated the valve from the block a bit , or the flange went over top of the valve and then the bolt . I finished the job and then started to wonder about it. I put the flange part between the block and the valve and afterwards had misgivings if the work was correct. I then started searching for a proper vid and came up with the one below. Thankfully I guessed right and
won't have to go back in again. The vid shows just about exactly what I did, by removing some of the wiring harness and such, so as to get to the little sucker. I have to add, when doing this job, be extra careful . my son has done this procedure many times, and he told me , that he hasn't gotten one of these parts out of the engine, with out it braking in half, and then resorting to find a die tap to thread into the remaining part of the valve and pulling it out that way. Guess after a lot of heat cycles , these things loose some strength. (when they speak about the metal spacer, that's what I refereed to as a metal bearing)
Thanks again Justnspace,,ya got me on the right track

Last edited by Poolman; 07-16-2019 at 09:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (07-16-2019)