USB Hard Wire Connection issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USB Hard Wire Connection issues

Hello All,

I leased a new 2016 Base RDX about 3 months ago. I am having an issue when I plug in my iPhone with the latest firmware to the front USB connection to get my music playing. I like using this connection because I can then use the dash controls to control which song or playlist to play and the screen also gives me album art and such. Also, I feel the sound quality is better hard wired vs. bluetooth. By the way, this has happened with iOS 9.2 and 9.2.1 as well.

The problem is that when I get in the car and start her up, I usually plug the phone in. The music starts playing, and then when the bluetooth connects to the car, the music stops and my phone cannot be reached via the dash controls. I then have to unplug the phone and replug it in in order for it to work again. This gets really annoying. Once, I felt like it did this when my phone disconnected from my house's wifi.

Anyone else have this experience, whether it be in a base RDX or higher?
Old 03-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Cruisin'

Try Control Center on the phone

This happens to me but instead of in plugging the phone, I tap play on the phone. This could be showing on the lock screen, or I'll swipe up to show control center. Other time my music or podcast app will be running. Not convenient but better than unplugging and replugging.

If I'm running errands on the weekend, I'll typically switch to Bluetooth connection instead of USB since I'm in and out of the car a lot.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Pro

Thanks! I will try this today on my drive home!