Navigation Server Route Option ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Navigation Server Route Option ???

When I purchased my 2016 RDX Elite back in June of 2015, I tried every option in the vehicles setup including the navigation options.Because of this testing I knew that every option was working, or those options that were not working were not available in Canada.

Recently I attempted to turn on the "Server Routes" option for the Nav system and I received the following error message......

"Server Route Is Not Available. Your vehicle is not available for this service".

According to my owners manual, Server Routes is a subscription service which calculates 3 different routes to my destination (Quick, Direct, and Eco) and gives me the option to choose the one that I wish to use. I assume the server calculates these routes based on current traffic conditions.

The only thing thing that may have changed since I purchased the vehicle is that I no longer have the free trial of all 3 tiers of Acuralink. After the trial expired I renewed for only the first two tiers. As far as I know the 3rd tier only offered the personal Concierge service and should not have any effect on my current error message.

I have attached the sections of the owners manual which describe this feature. I would appreciate if any member with a Nav system can check to see if they can turn this option on, or if they see the 3 routes being offered when they select a destination.

The menu is accessed by
- pushing the SETTINGS button
- Selecting NAVI settings
- Select the ROUTING tab
- Select ROUTE PREFERENCE
- Select SERVER ROUTE

Thanks

Old 06-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having the exact same problem with my 2017 TLX Tech. I cannot turn Server Route to ON. This was on until I renewed acuralink connect.
i have talked to acuralink support and to my dealer. I will have the dealer look at it when I go in for my next service in about a month. Did you get it fixed?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Cruisin'

Rick, if you got this problem fixed what resolved it. Thanks for any help you can give
Old 07-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Pro

I never did get it working, but then again, I never bothered to try any longer.

Just recently my Acuralink subscription expired (28th of June). I renewed it about June 25th.

The Android app shows that my expiry date is June 28, 2019, but just in the last few days I stopped getting traffic updates on my NAV system, and I can no longer connect to my RDX with the Android app to unlock the doors or locate the vehicle, etc., etc.

At $481 a year for this service ($1.32 a day) I should be asking for a rebate. I guess I need to plan to spend hours on the phone with Acura trying to figure this out.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the reply. I also found somebody in Quebec with the same issue on a 2015 TLX that started when they replaced his TCU because of the change in carrier. He traded before it was fixed for a 2017 MDX which worked even after renewing Acuralink at the connect level. I’ll pursue with my dealer this month when I go in for normal service.

When I renewed last fall I suggested it was only worth 50% as the app was junk then. The renewal folks said they couldn’t do that. I contacted Acura Client Service and explained that they can’t justify full price for a service that only gives half service. They agreed and stated they would like to help out by sending me a cheque for $200. I agreed and got a two year renewal at connect level. The IOS app is working much better now due to recent updates.

According to your reply the figure of $481 would seem to be for a two year connect and therefore your expiry date is out by a year. A one year connect renewal is $266 + hst according to my price list from my dealer.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Cruisin'

I have attached an image of the price list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Doc Jul 05, 2018, 14:41.pdf (366.6 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-05-2018, 08:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Philtlx
According to your reply the figure of $481 would seem to be for a two year connect and therefore your expiry date is out by a year. A one year connect renewal is $266 + hst according to my price list from my dealer.
Thanks for pointing that out. After reading your post I checked the "AcuraLink Subscription Agreement" which was emailed to me after talking to the rep on the telephone.

I didn't realize it at the time, but what he sent me was the PDF of my "agreement" for the 2 year subscription from June 29, 2016 to June 29 ,2018. There was no confirmation that I had renewed again last week on June 29, 2018 for one year.

I called the AcuraLink rep and he confirmed that I did have a current one year subscription which costs $300.58 (not $481 as shown on the PDF agreement). I checked my credit card balance and confirmed that I was charged the correct amount.

After setting that problem I was transferred to a technician who had me run some tests on the RDX which confirmed I was no longer receiving the cellular data. I know I received a notice from Acura about 18 months ago stating that the 3G network was going to be shut down and that I would need a replacement telematics unit in my RDX, Perhaps this is what happened, but it is quite a coincidence that it happened the day I renewed my subscription.

Anyway, I need to take it to a dealer to determine the real cause of the problem.