NAV: Canada, unable to voice a destination while driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 01:37 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAV: Canada, unable to voice a destination while driving

Hi everyone! This is my very first post, we just bought a 2018 RDX Elite about a month ago. So, I’ve of course YouTubed plenty of Acura voice command videos and noticed that there was an inconsistency between US and Canadian models in regards to Nav while driving.

At least from the videos I’m seeing online - while driving the US voice command will prompt you with a choice of voicing in a destination address, however, when hit this same voice command button, it doesn’t have this ability - it has a POI (point of interest choice - also available in the US videos). This is really annoying. Many friends with Mercedes GLK’s can enter a voice destination while driving or change destinations using the voice command - I understand that it would be dangerous to be able to allow for the typing ability on the nav screen while driving but voice command is not dangerous.

Is there any hack/unlock ability through the computer that can allow this? As of now I basically have to use google maps, which is inherently more dangerous in itself, and the interaction with the car is annoying with the beeps when the phone connects and disconnects with the car (plus completely shuts the music off to voice the google directions etc).

Any help would be appreciated!