Intermittent phone problem: Other person can't hear me

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:02 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermittent phone problem: Other person can't hear me

Hi all. I have a BlackBerry Q10 paired with my 2013 RDX and have the intermittent problem of the other person not being able to hear me, although I can hear them perfectly fine. This has happened both at the beginning of a call and in the middle of a call and it's happened with both incoming and outgoing calls. Turning the ignition off and then back on is the only thing that appears to solve the problem.

This is what I've been able to rule out:

It's not a connection problem or a signal issue as it has happened with a strong signal, with the car parked, and without me having any problem hearing the other person.

It is not a microphone issue as I have no trouble using the voice dial and, again, when I turn the ignition off and back on again, the person I'm calling has no trouble hearing me.

It is not a volume or a mute button issue on either the phone or the car as, again, it sometimes happens in the middle of a call, with the car parked, and with the phone in its holster. Also, when the problem occurs, the other person does not hear anything at all.

When the problem happens, I've hung up and re-dialed and that fix it, nor does the other person re-dialing me. Turning the ignition off and then back on is the only thing that fixes it and it fixes it without anything else being touched on either the RDX or the phone.

I will have this checked out at the dealership but I'm concerned that it will be difficult for them to troubleshoot as the problem is intermittent and they may not be able to duplicate it. Also, I suppose it is possible that it is an issue with my phone, a BlackBerry Q10.

Incidentally, this is my first post here and I am happy to be back in the Acura fold with my RDX after a brief but expensive detour to BMW. My first car was a pre-owned 88 Legend sedan and my first new car was a 2000 TL.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!