2013 RDX Siri Eyes Free Mode- beta email

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 02:25 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chilimost
Per the install tech doc,

http://www.filedropper.com/sirieyesf...mation-acura_1

Steps 4, 5, there is an optional updates screen for Siri Update where they must check ADD

http://www.filedropper.com/enablesiri

Some dealers seem to be missing this option (apparently they are not reading the tech doc)

Hope this helps!
Can you reseed these files? I'm would like to do the self-install. Also, how do you know that the system is on the most current version before updating the Siri Hands-free update? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by pup975
Can you reseed these files? I'm would like to do the self-install. Also, how do you know that the system is on the most current version before updating the Siri Hands-free update? Thanks!
What you need is in this post in another thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=17
Old 01-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted... I finally got the update done yesterday. I was really hoping the update would activate "Voice Control" on any smartphone but it doesn't.. I tried it with a Lumia 1020 and it doesn't activate Tell Me. I'm very disappointed with this. Especially when holding the Windows button on the phone activates Tell Me and streams it over Bluetooth...

At least they didn't charge me for the upgrade. They were going to charge $150 but I talked my way out of it...
Old 02-04-2014, 05:52 PM
6th Gear

Checked with the dealer first. They had to check with a few mechanics and the foreman, but finally found the documentation on how to do the Siri upgrade. They said it was going to be an hour of labor - $83.
Decided to try it myself first. Read the forum thread above, paid the $10, downloaded all the software, followed the instructions, all went perfect. Now Siri works just like advertised.
If you are mildly technical and have a laptop with bluetooth, it is a fairly simple process.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I just added Siri to my RDX and my friends 2013 Accord this weekend. I did it all myself following the instructions posted on these forums. It took a while though, like 3 hours. Downloading the software from Honda took like an hour (+ $10), then installing it to my laptop took another hour, then flashing the update to the cars took another hour (each car). Not really a quick process. Just find the post with the instructional PDF and the link to the Honda website and you can get started.

Make sure you have a Bluetooth capable laptop, and you can keep it plugged in within 20 feet of where the car is parked to do the upgrade. The laptop must pair with the car via Bluetooth.

The software first updates to the latest firmware for HFL, then you can add the Siri mode the second time. I tried doing both at the same time and Siri didn't install the first time. It froze during the Accord update and we had to start over. Write down the PIN numbers when you get them because if it freezes you need it to start back up again and the PIN is necessary. Also the PIN's change every time you restart the process.

In case anyone is unsure about it, you don't need the Tech models to add Siri.

All this is mentioned in the instructions sheet. Read it thoroughly.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:04 PM
OG

Received 162 Likes on 100 Posts
Dealer finally updated me yesterday, all good & functional.
Random question.
After you go to handsfreelink and you speak a function, how to u get OUT of handsfree link and back to music easily?
Old 02-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Type X
Dealer finally updated me yesterday, all good & functional.
Random question.
After you go to handsfreelink and you speak a function, how to u get OUT of handsfree link and back to music easily?
Usually when you press hang up it should just continue to play the music that was interrupted.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

dealer problem installing siri eyes free

I've been trying for a month to have this installed on 2014 RDX.
Dealer tried to install but had a problem. I contacted Acura and was told they are trying to figure problem out. Has anyone had sucessful installation of software ?
Old 02-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Bss1219
I've been trying for a month to have this installed on 2014 RDX.
Dealer tried to install but had a problem. I contacted Acura and was told they are trying to figure problem out. Has anyone had sucessful installation of software ?
I think the problem is the technician failing to follow the instructions and missing the crucial step of clicking the options box then selecting Siri.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone know if this firmware update will allow for integration with the CarPlay feature in the new iOS 7.1 update?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dgerry2
Does anyone know if this firmware update will allow for integration with the CarPlay feature in the new iOS 7.1 update?
I installed Siri Mode and HLF version 2.1.0.0 with it a few weeks ago, and I have not seen anything new when upgrading to iOS 7.1. But I also dont know if I'm supposed to enable CarPlay or how to do it.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Cruisin'

I had the Siri Eyes Free installed on my 2013 RDX yesterday. Actually took it in on Wednesday, but in the process of performing the installation, the dealer managed to fry the Bluetooth module. I had to come back on Thursday, when they got a new module. Everything "seems" to work OK, with one exception - while connected via bluetooth, there is no sound for the turn-by-turn directions in Apple Maps. The map on the iPhone (4S in my case) shows the route, and the text informs you when to turn. BUT! What the heck is the use of this if there is no voice direction?! That's much more of a distraction than putting the phone on the console and getting the audio turn-by-turn directions from the speaker in the iPhone. BTW - the dealer originally quoted $115 for the installation. Later reduced it for the inconvenience of burning out the bluetooth module, and me having to come back the next day (almost 4 hours each day + the 76 mile round trip each day).

Has anyone had any luck getting Apple Maps to play the turn-by-turn thru bluetooth? Searching Google, I noted many Ford people having the same issue with Sync and Siri Eyes Free.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:25 PM
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fyrewerx
I had the Siri Eyes Free installed on my 2013 RDX yesterday. Actually took it in on Wednesday, but in the process of performing the installation, the dealer managed to fry the Bluetooth module. I had to come back on Thursday, when they got a new module. Everything "seems" to work OK, with one exception - while connected via bluetooth, there is no sound for the turn-by-turn directions in Apple Maps. The map on the iPhone (4S in my case) shows the route, and the text informs you when to turn. BUT! What the heck is the use of this if there is no voice direction?! That's much more of a distraction than putting the phone on the console and getting the audio turn-by-turn directions from the speaker in the iPhone. BTW - the dealer originally quoted $115 for the installation. Later reduced it for the inconvenience of burning out the bluetooth module, and me having to come back the next day (almost 4 hours each day + the 76 mile round trip each day).

Has anyone had any luck getting Apple Maps to play the turn-by-turn thru bluetooth? Searching Google, I noted many Ford people having the same issue with Sync and Siri Eyes Free.
I believe that your iPhone must be selected as the Bluetooth audio device, then you will hear turn-by-turn directions from Apple Maps. This is in addition to having your phone paired with the radio.
The following users liked this post:
Fyrewerx (03-29-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Kleeth is right. Just being paired isn't enough, you need to actually have the BT input selected as your audio source. If you're listening to a CD or radio nothing will come through.
The following users liked this post:
Fyrewerx (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you very much kleeth and Scheffy. That works great.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Siri Eyes Free volume adjustment?

Hello all, I had Siri Eyes Free installed in my wife's 2013 RDX recently. Works great -- except that the sound level is quite low. When the car is stopped, I can hear it clearly, but road noise drowns out Siri. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this an iPhone adjustment or an RDX system adjustment that is needed to increase the volume?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Just got back from an oil change at the dealer. I had asked the service writer about Siri Hands Free for the 6th or 7th time I've been in. They called me and quoted me $190 (or an hour and a half of labor). That's insane. It's a software upload. They told me it was an accessory install so they could basically charge whatever they wanted. I don't know why corporate lets dealers do whatever they want, especially since we can share our experiences immediately online!
Old 05-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dgerry2
No, it will not.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackDogRDX
They called me and quoted me $190 (or an hour and a half of labor). That's insane!
Yes it is. I got the upgrade for $40 at my dealer - which is high compared to the $10 that some are paying for doing it themselves. But I didn't want to mess with it myself, so $40 seemed ok. You may want to check other dealers, especially if you are doing a road trip off the Island sometime. Better pricing is out there.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 2013 RDX Tech. Went to dealer yesterday and was quoted $120 to perform the update. However, for some reason they could not complete it. I used the instructions posted here, paid for the 1 day subscription, downloaded the software (took about an hour to download the software from Honda). The install process took about another hour. During the install process, I simply left the car running in my driveway and plugged the laptop in to electric power using a long extension cord and placed it in the space between the front seats to ensure a good Bluetooth connection.

In the documentation, for step 3, one update appeared (in addition to me manually adding the Siri update). The install started and, after about 15 minutes, the HFL said that the software installation failed, but my laptop was still downloading software and things seem to be applying, so I let it finish. After another 15 minutes or so, my laptop said that it was done and prompted me to stop and start the car. I started the process again, as the instructions said to do that if it failed, and saw that I was now on version 2.0.0, which is the version before the Siri update. Continuing through the instructions a second time, I manually again added the Siri update and it was installed in about 30 seconds. Once complete, I had to re-pair my phone. All is well.

This was not terribly difficult (although I have an IT background). My laptop has built in bluetooth. Seems if, you follow the instructions carefully (don't be in a rush to do this) you'll be fine. Total time spent was about 2.5 hours, including studying the install instructions. Money saved = $110.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Cruisin'

And, you didn't have the dealer burn out your RDX's Bluetooth system, like they did mine (replaced under warranty).