Roof rack for bare roofs

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017 | 12:43 PM
Intermediate

Roof rack for bare roofs

Hi, I'm just wondering what others have put on their RDXs for racks when they don't have the factory roof rails. I'm looking ahead to ski season.

One that has caught my eye is the Rhino Rack 2500rs because it seems it may at resemble a factory installed appearance.

Any input is much appreciated and pictures of your set up would really be great..

Best Wishes,
MD
Old 09-29-2017 | 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator

https://www.seasucker.com/products/ski-rack

check out seasucker products if you don't want rails. I just got the 3 bike Bomber and i fricking love it.
Old 09-29-2017 | 01:05 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thoiboi
https://www.seasucker.com/products/ski-rack

check out seasucker products if you don't want rails. I just got the 3 bike Bomber and i fricking love it.
Thanks I'll check it out
Old 09-30-2017 | 01:54 AM
Advanced

I’m using the Thule traverse kit and it’s been amazing for me
Old 09-30-2017 | 10:55 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by johnnyytruong
I’m using the Thule traverse kit and it’s been amazing for me
Cool, anything in particular you like about it?
Old 09-30-2017 | 11:44 PM
Advanced

I opted for the Thule bars last year since I wanted black bars vs the silver ones offered from acura. Since then...acura released the black bars which does make me wonder a bit..

the thule ones are easy to remove and store if I don’t need them. they can also be transferred onto another car (after purchasing the right fit kit) so I’ll be able to use them on my future cars

price also played a big part in my decision. In Canada, my complete set was about 600 vs. the oem rails and crossbars which are about 1000-1100 for the set
Old 10-03-2017 | 12:45 PM
Intermediate

I opted for the Thule bars last year since I wanted black bars vs the silver ones offered from acura. Since then...acura released the black bars which does make me wonder a bit..

the thule ones are easy to remove and store if I don’t need them. they can also be transferred onto another car (after purchasing the right fit kit) so I’ll be able to use them on my future cars

price also played a big part in my decision. In Canada, my complete set was about 600 vs. the oem rails and crossbars which are about 1000-1100 for the set
All sound reasons; especially the last point! Thanks
Old 11-26-2017 | 10:00 AM
3rd Gear

Hi, are you using a cargo box with those? I wanted to use the Thule Alpine, but then saw a video, that it won't let the trunk open. Many other options are not long enought to fit the skis (mine are 170cm...)

Old 11-28-2017 | 02:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rsmrostov
Hi, are you using a cargo box with those? I wanted to use the Thule Alpine, but then saw a video, that it won't let the trunk open. Many other options are not long enought to fit the skis (mine are 170cm...)
i havent tried using it with a cargo box yet. i only have my yakima fact installed
with the bring said, I've seen other suvs with the same issue of the trunk opening and hitting the cargo box. definitely an annoyance but something that might we might have to put up with if we want to use the box