Release Dates for 2015 Acuras?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Release Dates for 2015 Acuras?

I saw an article that the TLX will come out the 2nd half of 2014. I am guessing August around the time when the MDX came out this past year.

For the carry overs like the RLX and MDX I expect very little or no upgrades so would guess they would have early 2014 releases (March / April) or very late dates (Nov / Dec).

Now for the ILX and RDX what are your guesses? I think the RDX models came out in April the past couple of years. If it is April then you are guaranteed not to get any features that are new to the TLX that are not on the RLX or MDX.

I hope Acura adds the new headlights and other safety features to all the models (including ILX and RDX) for the Tech trim and above. If they delay the RDX until the Fall then hopefully they will add the new earth dreams engine but I doubt that will happen.

Also., with the Lincoln MKC debuting in the summer and the Lexus NX potentially coming in late summer / early fall they may want to get their new model out before those debut and steal some of the headlines on the 182 inch SUV marketplace.

For the ILX it depends if they want to compete with the BMW 3 series and Audi A3 sedan being released. Currently the ILX has an undersized engine compared to them and the Lexus IS. Maybe Acura will add one of the 6 cylinder engines to the ILX as an upgrade. If no changes then maybe an early release. If they upgrade they may want to do so after the TLX is released. My guess is they wait till next year and offer the TLX engines in the ILX. Doing so in the same year may cannibalize sales between the 2.

Last edited by wildeklave; 12-23-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:55 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
the TLX will probably follow the same outline the 3G MDX did this year. prototype debut at detroit in jan, then production model debut in april at NY and then ready for sale by june.

more than likely the RDX will not receive much in terms of major changes or upgrades until the MMC refresh in 2016 (based on the CUV cycle that acura/honda seem to follow). this will basically mean that the 15 RDX won't be on lots until late summer/fall.

it has already been hinted that the ILX will most likely get a beefier 4 cylinder (as their "emergency" fix. it's a compact sedan (civic)...i doubt a V6 will be put into it. if anything acura gets smart and actually has the tech pkg as an option with the 6MT for the ILX. the ILX is not in the same classification of the 3 series or the IS. the TLX will be the one that competes against them since it is their midsize sedan. just as the RLX competes against the 5 series.

making guesses as to when the sad little ILX or the 15 RDX gets their updates/upgrades and their releases is kind of pointless since acura/honda are generally very hush hush about any of those types of details. everyone can go on about their wish lists for the ILX and RDX, with that wishlist will be slightly higher pricing. to this day no one has much of an idea of what the new TLX is going to look like. the spy shots with all the camo only gives us a rough sketch in our mind along with what already exists with the new MDX and RLX.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I think this is a weakness of Acura / Honda. Other brands are better at using the media to produce hype where Acura / Honda is very secretive. I know right now as I prepare to look to buy next year I have the Lexus NX and Lincoln MKC on my list. If I decide to buy a vehicle when they are released and Acura has not and is not releasing info then Acura may not be considered.