RDX Buyer Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
That can be done with a button push on the way to the car.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lane Keeping Assist

Love my new RDX. Everything is a positive except the lane keeping. My lkas system warns steering required about every 10 seconds. Today, I drove a loaner 2015 TLX which had a much longer (30-45 seconds) interval. No one at the dealer seems to know how to adjust. Any ideas?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
After three months and two thousand miles I can give an update review of the 2016 RDX w/Advance. I'll start with the fact I like the car even more than I expected I would. The high points are the sweet marriage of the six cylinder to the six speed transmission. There is a feel of real refinement every time I touch the gas pedal. This is further enhanced with a quiet and comfortable ride that has very sound handling. The sound system is excellent. All these elements say luxury every time I drive the RDX--even though the car is not an upscale luxury vehicle. That is, the interior finishes are not plush but the seats themselves are very luxurious in terms of comfort and support. The head lights are the best of any car I've owned (that list includes Audi (2), BMW, Volvo, etc.). The suite of safety features is terrific. There are some things about the car I'd prefer such as an electric parking brake instead of the old fashioned floor pedal, but taken as a whole I really like and enjoy this vehicle. I'd give it a top recommendation.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:02 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My feeling are the same as romer's. My previous car was a 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350. I do not miss it at all. My RDX has a wonderfully solid-yet-nimble feel. The seats are very comfortable. My wife says the seats are MORE comfortable that the Mercedes' seats. The tech is light years ahead of the E350's. I have absolutely no regrets.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Just came across this very recent and thorough review of the 2016 RDX. You might enjoy it.

2016 Acura RDX Gas Mileage - The Car Connection
Old 04-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Touring

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
Have only had the 2016 Advance since early February. Then was limited on driving for about a month due to surgery. Have only had one 700 mile road trip in it so far and about 600 miles of around town driving. Comments so far:

Pros:
Overall, very positive on the vehicle.
Lots of power
Great engine/drivetrain combination
Good brakes
Great stereo
Great fit and finish
Quietest vehicle I've owned.

Cons:
Mileage - I was expecting it to match the EPA ratings closer
Displays slow to come up
NAV seems a bit limited. No automatic re-scaling when close to destnation. Should be able to program addresses from the contact list
Gas tank too small
Fuel door and hood release are in idiotic places
Hood seems a bit flimsy
XM doesn't support weather for the Nav system
Lots of niggling teething issues - LKAS rides too far to the left, sometimes sounds the warning while it's in control, rain sensing wipers don't work
Setup screens not well organized

Having said all this, I'd buy one again.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:56 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by romer
Just came across this very recent and thorough review of the 2016 RDX. You might enjoy it.

2016 Acura RDX Gas Mileage - The Car Connection
It says "The RDX turned in its turbo four for a V-6 engine, and since then fuel economy hasn't been its prime directive."

Then again, who bought an RDX for the mileage? I read here many V6 owners reporting overall mileage no better than the turbo.

Last edited by Kaputnik; 05-01-2016 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Just took a 350 mile road trip.
While I like so much about the RDX,ride quality can be a bit harsh and loud on certain type roads.
I am coming out of two RX350's,though.

A lot of tire thumping can be heard (and felt in some most cases) and on the newer white concrete highways the tires roar.Road noise is not really the fault of the RDX and the tires are Michelin which usually are quiet.
Also have some hard loud rear suspension hits on certain type bumps.
All in all,typical Honda type ride.

The RDX does have many great qualities right down to the cost.A few negatives here and there but no vehicle is perfect.
I love the tech a lot.Though,the RDX tech doesn't completely stop the vehicle and should like other brands,the tech still very nice.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by romer
I had a first generation RDX which had road and wind noise at high levels. It also had a fairly harsh ride and subpar gas mileage. It had a sporty and spirited driving experience and was reliable. But I unloaded it and went away from Acura (I had a 2006 TSX prior and both Acuras were new). But two Audis later I'm back and was very mindful of the noise and ride of the 2016 RDX during test driving. It's a quiet car with a solid feel. Those things I can say after just a few weeks of ownership.
I am completely with you there. My Wife has the 11 and it is quite a bit noisier than my 14, and the mileage is abysmal for a 4 cylinder compared to the 14's V6.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 14 and the lease is up in a month and I think I am going to get a 17, probably an "Elite", I think in the USA it's called "Advance", but who knows as the packages are all different, even your tech package is different than ours. I was thinking of downgrading to a CRV and took a 16 Touring out, and although it is nice, it is no RDX, especially the engine and transmission, so I don't think I can do it.

We will see.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jcross1231
Have only had the 2016 Advance since early February. Then was limited on driving for about a month due to surgery. Have only had one 700 mile road trip in it so far and about 600 miles of around town driving. Comments so far:

Pros:
Overall, very positive on the vehicle.
Lots of power
Great engine/drivetrain combination
Good brakes
Great stereo
Great fit and finish
Quietest vehicle I've owned.

Cons:
Mileage - I was expecting it to match the EPA ratings closer
Displays slow to come up
NAV seems a bit limited. No automatic re-scaling when close to destnation. Should be able to program addresses from the contact list
Gas tank too small
Fuel door and hood release are in idiotic places
Hood seems a bit flimsy
XM doesn't support weather for the Nav system
Lots of niggling teething issues - LKAS rides too far to the left, sometimes sounds the warning while it's in control, rain sensing wipers don't work
Setup screens not well organized

Having said all this, I'd buy one again.
Regarding the gas tank, it looks like the 17 RDX has a 60 L tank as opposed to the 55 in my 14.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Bobz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with your assessment. Also the USB connection is in an awkward spot. Also don't like the parking brake setup. The navigation is the major weak link, but overall the RDX is a great value compared to German equivalents and even the Lexus. 40k for a midsize SUV is all you should ever have to pay. Lexus wanted almost 60k for their SUV.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
We have had some issues with our 2016 Advance in the forst 1k miles. We picked it out while covered in pollen so didn't get to go over the paint like I typically would. When it was delivered, I noted the drivers side front qtr panel was misaligned badly. I had to have the body shop realign it. Next issue was when the parking brake was on, no lights or warnings on the dash at all. My girlfriend drove it 50 miles with the brake on(I had set it and she didn't know I had). It ended up being a connector which was not hooked up at the factory. To me the QC is pretty poor. I wish the car was built in Japan as I suspect these issues would not have happened. very sad to say that.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
It says "The RDX turned in its turbo four for a V-6 engine, and since then fuel economy hasn't been its prime directive."

Then again, who bought an RDX for the mileage? I read here many V6 owners reporting overall mileage no better than the turbo.
There is a large difference in gas mileage. I have both vehicles and the 11 RDX gets way worse gas mileage period.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by BLEXV6
There is a large difference in gas mileage. I have both vehicles and the 11 RDX gets way worse gas mileage period.
Just noting what some others owners are reporting in the 2016 mileage thread, which is below my lifetime 22.3 mpg all-around.

Last edited by Kaputnik; 05-16-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
I got the 2016 RDX Elite. Really satisfied overall. Its virtues are many, its flaws are few. It is very comfortable and luxurious and safe. They put most features where it really counts (for example, super comfortable leather seats instead of putting leather on the dash; a powerful V6 engine instead of a cheap 4 cylinder turbo like on the Lexus NX). The Sport mode is awesome, it goes noticeably faster and more powerful in Sport mode. Fuel efficiency is very good. Lights are amazing, so clear even on rural roads at night with no street lights! This is by far the best value in the luxury crossover segment.
It also has a design that will stand the test of time (compare this to the new Lexus designs, which look too freaky).
Old 05-18-2016, 12:54 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
I got the 2016 RDX Elite. Really satisfied overall. Its virtues are many, its flaws are few. It is very comfortable and luxurious and safe. They put most features where it really counts (for example, super comfortable leather seats instead of putting leather on the dash; a powerful V6 engine instead of a cheap 4 cylinder turbo like on the Lexus NX). The Sport mode is awesome, it goes noticeably faster and more powerful in Sport mode. Fuel efficiency is very good. Lights are amazing, so clear even on rural roads at night with no street lights! This is by far the best value in the luxury crossover segment.
It also has a design that will stand the test of time (compare this to the new Lexus designs, which look too freaky).
Sounds familiar ......???
yeah ..... We've heard it before.