Parking sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Parking sensor problem

Hi! My front parking sensor won't go on - it says there is a problem. I have had it to the dealership 3 times now - they said they had to take the whole front bumper off to figure it out and now it is taking a while for the parts. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Yep, assume you seen my post
Old 01-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I dropped the car off at the dealer yesterday morning and pickup a loaner (brand new TSX). The adviser said it was the rain sensor wiper component that caused the parking sensor error. The wiper only wipes like intermittent wiper (not rain sensing). They order the part that came in at 2:00pm. They wanted to keep the car over night to make sure everything is fixed.

The adviser called this morning and says the wiper is not working 100% and they want to do more test. So the story is still going....

Parts do come in fast and I am driving a loaner. Well I am not too unhappy.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:41 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The RDX was dropped off on Wednesday for the parking and rain sensor issues. I went to pick it up on Friday and the parking sensor error was still there and I had to leave it over night again for system reset and complete check-up.

I picked it up on Saturday. Everything seems to be working well.

According to the work order parking sensor assembly and rain sensor plus silicon sheet were replaced. There is no parts issue in Toronto. The parts were ordered and received on the same day. The installation and QA was not as good as it should be.

I was given a brand new TLX loaner for three day. As long as my RDX problems are resolved I am Okay.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:37 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also found for awhile when new my 2016 RDX Parking Sensors would go off based upon traffic signal changes. Like cross traffic, left-turn signals lighting would turn on a warning, And it would quit when the left-turn green light signal for them would stop. Wierd....