Parking Lot Valet - Dirty Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Parking Lot Valet - Dirty Steering Wheel

Anyone every take their clean car to a garage and a valet parks it, but when you get it back...the steering wheel just feels a little dirty or sticky? Could just be sweaty palms of the valet guys, or their hands got dirty while driving other cars. But its really aggravating.

So, I realize I might be a little neurotic and a clean freak, especially with my hands. But anyone else ever have this problem?

I used to keep a small towel in the car to wipe the steering wheel down when I get in. But its a pain to do this everyday. I just got a elastic fabric steering wheel cover, hoping that I can put that on easily when I park.

Anyone else encounter this problem (yes, I admit...a stupid problem)? Any other suggestions?
Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
LOL the RDX really needs some performance mods to talk about! But I sympathize being a neat freak and hating to touch a grimy steering wheel, or finding french fries sticking out between the seats of a cheap rental. I like your steering wheel condom idea as long as you can quickly remove it. Nothing more creepy than steering wheel covers

I loaned my truck to my aunt once, who borrowed it to move some stuff. Got it back like you described with a sticky steering wheel, and with some half melted gummy worms in the center console. WTF??? Probably had my cousin drive
Old 03-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 895 Likes on 683 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaputnik
LOL the RDX really needs some performance mods to talk about! But I sympathize being a neat freak and hating to touch a grimy steering wheel, or finding french fries sticking out between the seats of a cheap rental. I like your steering wheel condom idea as long as you can quickly remove it. Nothing more creepy than steering wheel covers

I loaned my truck to my aunt once, who borrowed it to move some stuff. Got it back like you described with a sticky steering wheel, and with some half melted gummy worms in the center console. WTF??? Probably had my cousin drive
Loool seriously, love how mellow the threads are on this side of the rdx forum. But at least on our side reliability is still solid!

To the OP, I think your method is best, or could talk to the valet/manager and let them know that sticky hands are unacceptable in your vehicle.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Make it #7!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Better a sticky steering wheel than what happened to Seinfeld:
Old 03-17-2016, 05:16 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
I just avoid valet parking like a plague. If it is unavoidable such as a hotel in a busy city, then I simply rent a car and go. There's no other simple practical solution to prevent these. Of course having a camera to record the events can help you get some compensation if at all, but why bother if you can do without all the hassle.