Nit picky stuff on the RDX

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014 | 01:00 PM
1hp
Cruisin'

Nit picky stuff on the RDX

Purchased a Kona Coffee AWD RDX with the tech package about 2 weeks ago. My wife and I went to local auto shows in 2013 and 2014 and came away both years liking the RDX with the Mazda CX 9 in second place. Didn't test drive anything but the RDX and bought it the same day.

For reference we have been driving a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 and a 2003 Chevy Suburban Z71. The Suburban was our second - first was a 1992 GMC Suburban 2500. The '99 Silverado has 185,000 miles on it - original engine and transmission. The Suburban has 175,000 miles on it with a rebuilt transmission at 170,000 miles. I like to keep my vehicles a long time so I treat them well.

The reason for the downsize - kids are pretty much out of the house so the need for large vehicles is not so great. We'll keep the Suburban and sell the Silverado though I really like having a truck (just don't like the current truck models, plus pricing is through the roof).

The RDX - great little vehicle! I live in a wealthy section of San Diego where exotic cars are all over the place (should I mention the kid who brought a Veyron into shop class when my daughter was in HS). So it is always fun overtaking people who don't know how to drive their expensive cars on certain sections of twisty 4 lane roads - in a half ton pickup truck. So imagine my delight at the performance of the RDX. I find myself flooring it just because I need a reminder, only to realise that I'm doing 85. Hah! Driving is fun again.

So, the nitpicky stuff. The dealer. Sales guy was fine, negotiation was ok, and the vehicle prep and paperwork went pretty fast. However, the dealer options - I'm almost convinced that the RDX will fall apart when the warranty runs out, the paint job is worthless, the interior is uncleanable, and it won't matter as the vehicle security is so poor that my new wheels will be stolen within 24 hours never to be seen again - all based on the hard sales of the dealer aftermarket material. Then when I reject all of this, the questioning as to why I'm rejecting extended warranties, paint sealant, leather treatments and LoJack plus other items. I was tempted to just walk away at that point and go look elsewhere. Acura needs to talk to its' dealers because one of the features I'm buying the car on is the reliability of the Acura name, while on the other hand the dealer is trying to convince me that the reliability is questionable.

$1,300 for a dealer installed roof rack. How can they even present that with a straight face? Looks like a Thule rack will suffice if I need one.

Center storage box between the seats - the lid folds up and to the rear. I find it difficult to access the box as my elbow is restricted by the open lid. It would be better if the lid lifted forward (or sideways towards the passenger seat, but I don't think there is sufficient room between the seat).

Arm rests - they are too low. I can't rest my arm and grab the steering wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock positions. In fact, I can barely rest my elbows and grab the bottom of the wheel. I haven't spent any time in the passenger seat but I'll guess that the armrest is too low even when not driving.

Steering - transitioning from the large vehicles I'm not fully liking the steering. I'm getting more used to it - I find it very sensitive - but still not fully liking it yet. Would be interested to hear what people who have driven smaller performance cars have to say about this. I'm a rear wheel drive kind of person, so maybe this is me getting used to front wheel drive? I have the wheel dropped to it's lowest position, but I'd like it lower still. I also cannot see the status display (odometer, tire pressures, etc...) through the wheel (I'm 6 foot 2).

The seats are comfortable!

Have read the complaints on the navigation system. Frankly it works fine for me. We all have smart phones, and Yelp is likely better than anything anyone puts in a vehicle. All I want is to be able to input addresses and have the thing guide me in (none of my family members can navigate, and I'm tired of trying to read Google maps while driving - plus the phone keeps locking every 30 seconds). Haven't tried the traffic alert yet.

XM is good but not sure I'm willing to pay $10 a month for it. Maybe if I lived somewhere with no radio stations. Plus they are competing with free Pandora and the like, via a smart phone plugged/bluetooth'd into the audio system. Sound system is fine - sounds like it has a high bias (even with the sub turned up to max) but I'm not complaining.

Have played some with the paddle shifters and liked them. I have a steep downhill stretch on my way to work where I get stuck behind slow drivers. I have found the downshift enables me not to have to use the brakes, and it doesn't shift out of the lower gear until I am at the bottom. Not sure what causes it to shift up but it doesn't seem to be on a pure time basis.

I know I have other comments just can't remember them. Will post them when I do.
Old 01-25-2014 | 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Always best to do your research before the purchase rather than after.
Old 01-25-2014 | 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

1hp....Welcome to Acurazine and congrats on your new RDX. You are correct, as with any new vehicles, it will take some getting used to, especially when you are coming from a different type of vehicle altogether.

I can relate to your frustration in the "extras" the dealers are pushing for....Why can't my massage therapist offer me any extras? *lol* In all seriousness, when I bought a Rav4 a few years ago, the lady in the finance dept who was trying to sell these extra almost pushed me out of the dealership, so I hear you there! They are very aggressive and almost predatory in their desire to sell these. Luckily for me, the dealer where I buy my Acuras, they never haggle me with that stuff.
Old 01-25-2014 | 02:28 PM
it's a car-drive it

sounds like you should have done more research, test drove more vehicles besides the RDX. Been to san diego many times.
Old 01-25-2014 | 02:31 PM
1hp
Cruisin'

Why would I do more research? I'm happy with the vehicle - just pointing out odds and ends (which I can do with any of my vehicles).
The following users liked this post:
nj2pa2nc (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014 | 02:35 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ I agree with you. I didn't get the impression that you were unhappy with your RDX, just pointing out a few observations/comments.
Old 01-25-2014 | 02:53 PM
it's a car-drive it

from reading it sounds like you were not happy so what do you like about it.
Old 01-25-2014 | 03:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1hp
Steering - transitioning from the large vehicles I'm not fully liking the steering. I'm getting more used to it - I find it very sensitive - but still not fully liking it yet. Would be interested to hear what people who have driven smaller performance cars have to say about this. I'm a rear wheel drive kind of person, so maybe this is me getting used to front wheel drive?
Congrats on the purchase.

RE: the above issue, the steering is actually one of the reasons I chose the RDX. It feels more like a sports sedan to me vs. an SUV. I took it on some twisty roads during the test drive, and I was sold.

I own both FWD and RWD cars, and I find the RDX to be very neutral. To be honest, unless I'm really getting "on it", I'm rarely aware what wheels are driving a car.

Give it some time. I think you'll appreciate it more and more.
Old 01-25-2014 | 03:06 PM
Pro

1HP Welcome to the forum and congrats on your RDX. Thanks for your insight regarding the RDX. I cant seem to find my comfort zone for the steeering wheel placement. I am not sure if it is due to the seat height. If I lower the steering wheel, theen I block most of my view of the gauges. I understand those little quirks you are experiencing.
Old 01-25-2014 | 05:32 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
1HP Welcome to the forum and congrats on your RDX. Thanks for your insight regarding the RDX. I cant seem to find my comfort zone for the steeering wheel placement. I am not sure if it is due to the seat height. If I lower the steering wheel, theen I block most of my view of the gauges. I understand those little quirks you are experiencing.
I too have purchased 6 Acuras from the same salesperson, and he knows I don't buy the warranties or rust protection, etc. I do buy body side mouldings, winter mats and wheel locks as I feel they are necessary and make them part of the deal. Oh yeah and the tonneau cover because Acura is too cheap to have one standard. Unbelievable. Should have kept the 1st generation hard cover. Much better.
Old 01-26-2014 | 08:24 PM
1hp
Cruisin'

The display above the ON/OFF volume button for the audio. It isn't clearly readable when wearing polarised glasses . I'm guessing it is tempered glass.

Switch for heated seats - this should be a spring loaded return to middle type switch such that when the car is switched off, then back on, the seat heating does not turn on. My wife keeps leaving the heated seat switch on (driver and passenger seat) and the switch is way out of my normal field of view. Couldn't figure out why I was so warm this morning!

Another item - if you leave an internal light on (turn off car then turn on ceiling light to see something, and forget to turn it off when you open the door) it should turn itself off after a period of time. Both my Chevy trucks do this. My neighbour has woken up to a dead battery in her Mercedes when her kids left the inside lights on all night.
Old 01-26-2014 | 08:43 PM
1hp
Cruisin'

...so what do you like about it.
When we sat in the vehicle at the auto shows it felt like a luxury vehicle. We liked the finish of the inside. There is sufficient room above my head with the moonroof cover closed (I rented BMWs a few years ago and I had to drive with the sunroof cover slid back). It has a V6 engine (yes I'm sure a turbo 4 banger performs as well, but I think a V6 is smoother running, and I prefer it for long road trips - especially when it's 110 degrees on the way to Vegas). Great acceleration and pretty good gas mileage. Comfortable seats in the front, and not bad in the back. AWD (I wasn't initially aware that it was available in AWD which is why we were looking at the Mazda) - it's good to have for ski trips to Mammoth and Salt Lake (we've hit both in major snow - Donner party anyone [but not this year - we need rain bad!]). I took the tech package for the headlights and the navigation. Paddle shifters (lot easier than wrestling the column shifter from D to 2, which I had to do in the trucks).

Not having to price a bunch of options then search inventories for vehicles that fit our requirements.

The Acura name (which is why it is absurd for the dealers to push extended warranties, etc...).

Lower overall height and shorter length - I can enter most parking garages again, and find parking spaces that I can fit into.

Lots of airbags - hope I don't ever need them.

Oh, and my wife is happy (which counts for a lot).

For the record, the only Audi I've been interested in is the TT. (well I'd really like an R8 but it's out of my price range ).
Old 01-27-2014 | 07:57 AM
Advanced

The readout delay of accurate outside temperature is driving me nuts. My last non luxury GM vehicle from ~7 years ago did not have this issue. With GBs of room on the HD, why number of wallpapers is limited to 10 ??? Yes, the voice Nav sucks ... just ranting ...
Old 01-27-2014 | 08:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by FishX
...why number of wallpapers is limited to 10 ???
My vote for the smallest nit of every car forum I've ever perused.

Old 01-27-2014 | 08:48 AM
Pro

[QUOTE=FishX;14848997]The readout delay of accurate outside temperature is driving me nuts. My last non luxury GM vehicle from ~7 years ago did not have this issue. QUOTE]

Yes, the temp display is extremely annoying. It would appear that the sensors were placed in a location that remains extremely warm for a while. It takes far too long to get the outside temperature even after starting to drive. I find this defective based on how long it takes.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hou-RL:
Cablerat (04-05-2014), FishX (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014 | 10:09 AM
Advanced

Wonder if Accord/CRV have the same temp issue.. is this a Honda thing or RDX thing ?
Old 01-27-2014 | 10:16 AM
Instructor

First off, congrats!!

Originally Posted by 1hp
Arm rests - they are too low. I can't rest my arm and grab the steering wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock positions. In fact, I can barely rest my elbows and grab the bottom of the wheel. I haven't spent any time in the passenger seat but I'll guess that the armrest is too low even when not driving.
This was one thing I also noticed when I first got my RDX last year. What I ended up doing was lowering the steering wheel as much as possible before it cuts into the dashboard view.
Old 01-27-2014 | 10:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1hp
I have found the downshift enables me not to have to use the brakes, and it doesn't shift out of the lower gear until I am at the bottom. Not sure what causes it to shift up but it doesn't seem to be on a pure time basis.
It has grade logic control. It has a sensor to determine the vehicles pitch up or down a slope and holds the gear accordingly.
Old 01-27-2014 | 12:51 PM
Intermediate

The steering is too light and has little feel compared to the sportier cars I've owned. I actually find it somewhat disconcerting because it has such a video game quality to it. Things are happening but the feedback is missing.
Old 01-28-2014 | 07:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zen S14
The steering is too light and has little feel compared to the sportier cars I've owned. I actually find it somewhat disconcerting because it has such a video game quality to it. Things are happening but the feedback is missing.

You ever test drive a SantaFe? That has NO feedback and like a 5 degree center dead spot!
Old 01-28-2014 | 09:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dimcorner
You ever test drive a SantaFe? That has NO feedback and like a 5 degree center dead spot!
After I got my RDX, I had to bring it back to the dealer for them to install the accessories. They gave me a SantaFe as a loaner. I couldn't keep that thing going in a straight line on the freeway - it required constant correction. I don't know whether something was wrong with it, or that's just the way it was, but it was horrible.
Old 01-28-2014 | 03:32 PM
Intermediate

Not a Santa Fe. I did drive a Lexus Is250 and that was like what you are saying about the Santa Fe. The 96 E36 M3 steering was what I have been used to the last two years. Even the newer 335i I had for 4 yrs does not feel as good as that old M3.

Now I am daily driving a 2010 Rav4. I have to say the Rav4 has more feel than the RDX but is not any better on actual accuracy or responsiveness.
Old 01-28-2014 | 04:20 PM
Suzuka Master

I had a 2010 Rav4 as well for about 2 years and liked the way the steering and acceleration/tranny felt...even for a 4 banger with just as many gears. Fun little vehicle but not enough luxury accessories at the time. In retrospect, I wish I would have kept it as it was at least driven in inclement weather
Old 01-30-2014 | 02:24 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by FishX
Wonder if Accord/CRV have the same temp issue.. is this a Honda thing or RDX thing ?
I'm certainly not a car expert, but I would bet money that it's a "Honda thing". My 2005 TL had the exact same temp "issue" going on; and my RDX does the same. I never found it to be annoying, though; because as soon as I drive, it goes down to the appropriate temp.
Old 01-30-2014 | 08:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by KJW73
I'm certainly not a car expert, but I would bet money that it's a "Honda thing". My 2005 TL had the exact same temp "issue" going on; and my RDX does the same. I never found it to be annoying, though; because as soon as I drive, it goes down to the appropriate temp.

Mine goes down eventually but after I drive about 3-4 miles. I think that is too long especially if I want the information from the MID.
Old 04-05-2014 | 03:04 PM
1hp
Cruisin'

Getting close to 3 months of ownership now so an update on the vehicle.

Really liking the paddle shifters - use them quite a bit for slowing the vehicle both on the freeway and on downhill sections. My one suggestion for Acura is to consider adding a double flick of the shifter to change down 2 gears, as it takes too long to change down 1 gear then change down a second time (the shift is not the quickest).

Really hating the opening of the center glove box. I wear glasses and swap back and forth between sun glasses and regular glasses while driving. Impossible to not have the right elbow jammed against the lid making using the right hand to actually retrieve something from the box very difficult. Back to the drawing board with that design.

I notice some left right motion under certain conditions. Not annoying or anything, and not severe, but I notice it. Almost like a slight resonance in the suspension.

For the past 20 years I've been driving a half ton Chevy pickup and a Z71 suburban. 70 mph always felt fast. Driving the RDX I'm having a tough time staying under 80 - it does not feel like the vehicle is going 80. I've also finally got used to the steering and driven the vehicle more agressively. No complaints on the handling.

Several times I have found myself turning on the a/c as the interior is too hot, only to later realise someone left the seat heating on. Wish this would reset when the ignition is turned off (ie get rid of latching toggle switch).

I know the audio purists complain but the tech package sound system is good for my aged ears. I have the bass cranked up and there are no extraneous vibrations from the sub woofer (in my old half ton truck the door panels vibrated something terrible). I'm only sorry I will soon lose the satellite radio but it's too expensive. I put some mp3 files on an old 256MB USB flash drive and plugged it in and it worked so I am on the lookout for a 32GB flash drive to load a larger selection of music.

Finally have my wife trained to leave the key fob in her handbag and just use the door handle for locking and unlocking!
Old 04-05-2014 | 05:04 PM
Pro

1HP, why not use the eyeglass holder in the roof console? I have no problem switching between sunglasses and regular using the eyeglass holder up there. I do agree if you are looking for something in the center console, you have to be a contortionist to reach inside. I leave my "gate cards" in the front compartment with the sliding cover.
Old 04-06-2014 | 08:10 PM
1hp
Cruisin'

Forgot one thing - I had a warning alert that my gas cap wasn't tightened down. Couldn't get it to go away so took the vehicle to the dealer. Report was that there is a software bug that causes this warning - supposedly a fix is in the works. They cleared it and I got a free car wash. Hasn't come back though they warned me it might.

Will look at the sunglasses holder, but I typically have my sunglasses in a case as I drive another vehicle as well.
Old 04-07-2014 | 10:00 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Talking

I had rented a Hyundai Elantra once during a trip. I felt the steering was too light and couldn't keep it going in straight line. I thought there must be terrible cross winds, when I opened the windows I realized there are no crosswinds. It's just the car doing it. Said goodbye to Hyundais then and there.
Old 04-07-2014 | 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

I've had our RDX for a week now. So far so good. One big nit so far is that the front passenger side seat cannot be raised (unlike our 2010 MDX). Wife and kids are complaining. I've also noticed a more discernible downshifting as the car slows. Other than that, car drives well.
Old 04-08-2014 | 12:45 AM
1hp
Cruisin'

Tried the sunglass holder in the roof. Case looked like it fit well but when I went to take it out I discovered that the door was not going to open - had to slide in a small screwdriver to move the glasses case so that the door would open. Guess it's made for a smaller case!
Old 04-08-2014 | 04:28 AM
Pro

It's padded inside to hold the glasses without the case.
Old 04-09-2014 | 01:01 PM
Intermediate

I also think the arm rests are a little low. Seems like either the arm rests should be a little higher up or the seats should lower a little bit more.
Old 04-09-2014 | 01:05 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1hp
Forgot one thing - I had a warning alert that my gas cap wasn't tightened down. Couldn't get it to go away so took the vehicle to the dealer. Report was that there is a software bug that causes this warning - supposedly a fix is in the works. They cleared it and I got a free car wash. Hasn't come back though they warned me it might.

Will look at the sunglasses holder, but I typically have my sunglasses in a case as I drive another vehicle as well.
I have gotten the gas cap alert a couple times but both times it just went away by itself. I don't think I even did anything.

I don't use the sunglasses holder, mine always seem to shift and make an annoying rattling noise so I just keep them in the front storage compartment where the USB connection is.
Old 04-16-2014 | 07:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by davisinla
Congrats on the purchase.

RE: the above issue, the steering is actually one of the reasons I chose the RDX. It feels more like a sports sedan to me vs. an SUV. I took it on some twisty roads during the test drive, and I was sold.

I own both FWD and RWD cars, and I find the RDX to be very neutral. To be honest, unless I'm really getting "on it", I'm rarely aware what wheels are driving a car.

Give it some time. I think you'll appreciate it more and more.
If you think the RDX feels like a sports sedan (which it doesn't) go drive an Infiniti EX37, I used to have EX35 (rear drive platform) and it handled/drove better than RDX, but it was also smaller/more cramped.

Steering feel in the RDX is nothing special.. Infiniti's have better steering feel, BMW even better.

I have to disagree. In any kind of spirited driving the RDX front drive based platform rears it's ugly head. I can easily tell it's front drive based. I find the all wheel drive system better in Infiniti and BMW. RDX relies too much on the front wheels. More understeer and the weight shifting under hard acceleration away from the primary front drive wheels. Yes the rears kick in, but only when the front's loose traction.
Old 04-16-2014 | 07:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1hp
Purchased a Kona Coffee AWD RDX with the tech package about 2 weeks ago. My wife and I went to local auto shows in 2013 and 2014 and came away both years liking the RDX with the Mazda CX 9 in second place. Didn't test drive anything but the RDX and bought it the same day.

For reference we have been driving a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 and a 2003 Chevy Suburban Z71. The Suburban was our second - first was a 1992 GMC Suburban 2500. The '99 Silverado has 185,000 miles on it - original engine and transmission. The Suburban has 175,000 miles on it with a rebuilt transmission at 170,000 miles. I like to keep my vehicles a long time so I treat them well.

The reason for the downsize - kids are pretty much out of the house so the need for large vehicles is not so great. We'll keep the Suburban and sell the Silverado though I really like having a truck (just don't like the current truck models, plus pricing is through the roof).

The RDX - great little vehicle! I live in a wealthy section of San Diego where exotic cars are all over the place (should I mention the kid who brought a Veyron into shop class when my daughter was in HS). So it is always fun overtaking people who don't know how to drive their expensive cars on certain sections of twisty 4 lane roads - in a half ton pickup truck. So imagine my delight at the performance of the RDX. I find myself flooring it just because I need a reminder, only to realise that I'm doing 85. Hah! Driving is fun again.

So, the nitpicky stuff. The dealer. Sales guy was fine, negotiation was ok, and the vehicle prep and paperwork went pretty fast. However, the dealer options - I'm almost convinced that the RDX will fall apart when the warranty runs out, the paint job is worthless, the interior is uncleanable, and it won't matter as the vehicle security is so poor that my new wheels will be stolen within 24 hours never to be seen again - all based on the hard sales of the dealer aftermarket material. Then when I reject all of this, the questioning as to why I'm rejecting extended warranties, paint sealant, leather treatments and LoJack plus other items. I was tempted to just walk away at that point and go look elsewhere. Acura needs to talk to its' dealers because one of the features I'm buying the car on is the reliability of the Acura name, while on the other hand the dealer is trying to convince me that the reliability is questionable.

$1,300 for a dealer installed roof rack. How can they even present that with a straight face? Looks like a Thule rack will suffice if I need one.

Center storage box between the seats - the lid folds up and to the rear. I find it difficult to access the box as my elbow is restricted by the open lid. It would be better if the lid lifted forward (or sideways towards the passenger seat, but I don't think there is sufficient room between the seat).

Steering - transitioning from the large vehicles I'm not fully liking the steering. I'm getting more used to it - I find it very sensitive - but still not fully liking it yet. Would be interested to hear what people who have driven smaller performance cars have to say about this. I'm a rear wheel drive kind of person, so maybe this is me getting used to front wheel drive? I have the wheel dropped to it's lowest position, but I'd like it lower still. I also cannot see the status display (odometer, tire pressures, etc...) through the wheel (I'm 6 foot 2).

The seats are comfortable!

Have read the complaints on the navigation system. Frankly it works fine for me. We all have smart phones, and Yelp is likely better than anything anyone puts in a vehicle. All I want is to be able to input addresses and have the thing guide me in (none of my family members can navigate, and I'm tired of trying to read Google maps while driving - plus the phone keeps locking every 30 seconds). Haven't tried the traffic alert yet.

XM is good but not sure I'm willing to pay $10 a month for it. Maybe if I lived somewhere with no radio stations. Plus they are competing with free Pandora and the like, via a smart phone plugged/bluetooth'd into the audio system. Sound system is fine - sounds like it has a high bias (even with the sub turned up to max) but I'm not complaining.

Have played some with the paddle shifters and liked them. I have a steep downhill stretch on my way to work where I get stuck behind slow drivers. I have found the downshift enables me not to have to use the brakes, and it doesn't shift out of the lower gear until I am at the bottom. Not sure what causes it to shift up but it doesn't seem to be on a pure time basis.

I know I have other comments just can't remember them. Will post them when I do.
If you negotiate with XM you don't have to pay $10 a month. I have gotten it as cheap as around $5 a month.
Old 04-17-2014 | 01:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by danmangto
If you think the RDX feels like a sports sedan (which it doesn't) ....
While I appreciate the in-depth analysis on what you think I meant, it would have been nice if you considered the meaning of what I actually wrote:

"It feels more like a sports sedan to me vs. an SUV." And if you look at the context of the response, it was being compared to larger SUVs.

If you can't see the difference, perhaps you should refrain from analyzing other people's writing and just state your opinion without telling others they're wrong.

-

Last edited by davisinla; 04-17-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2014 | 09:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by davisinla
While I appreciate the in-depth analysis on what you think I meant, it would have been nice if you considered the meaning of what I actually wrote:

"It feels more like a sports sedan to me vs. an SUV." And if you look at the context of the response, it was being compared to larger SUVs.

If you can't see the difference, perhaps you should refrain from analyzing other people's writing and just state your opinion without telling others they're wrong.

-
I see what you wrote. Sorry, The RDX does not feel like a sports sedan, it feels like an suv, sorry. Thats the facts. Not opinion.
Old 04-17-2014 | 09:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by danmangto
If you negotiate with XM you don't have to pay $10 a month. I have gotten it as cheap as around $5 a month.
prblm w/ xm is it is not worth my time to re-negotiate every 6 mo
Old 04-18-2014 | 01:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1hp
Getting close to 3 months of ownership now so an update on the vehicle.

Really liking the paddle shifters - use them quite a bit for slowing the vehicle both on the freeway and on downhill sections. My one suggestion for Acura is to consider adding a double flick of the shifter to change down 2 gears, as it takes too long to change down 1 gear then change down a second time (the shift is not the quickest).
The RDX will downshift two gears with the paddle if you pull it quick two times. I thnk it works in both D and S. It's a great feature that I wish my M35 had. One thing I don't like is that it won't hold in 1st gear in manual mode if you are not accelerating hard. Always shifts quickly up to 2nd instead of holding 1st.

Quick Reply: Nit picky stuff on the RDX