New 2014 RDX Info released.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
New 2014 RDX Info released.

Looks like no changes, just new color option.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/04/201...oop+(CARSCOOPS)
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
What is up with Acura, why not drop the ED engines in and gain slightly better MPG. And seems the RDX just missed out on all the new head units as the new Odyssey gets the MDX/RLX/Accord head unit multiple dsiplays. Are they going to make RDX buyers wait until 3G, that is a mistake. I know Acura does not usually make radical changes even at MMC.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
Out of curiosity, I checked out the new AcuraLink system. Seems to address some of the lacklusterness of the 2013 RDX's infotainment system. I have an Android smartphone and downloaded both the AcuralLink Connect app and the AcuraLink Streams app to test them out.

AcuraLink Connect = Does not recognize my RDX as a compatible vehicle. Big waste. Must be for the new 2014 systems KeithL alluded to.

AcuraLink Stream = Allows you to connect create an account and access the AHA system. I'm in the office right now, but assumes it connects through the Bluetooth connection. Seems to have Slacker Radio and a few other online Radio stations that are quickly accessible. Also has shortcuts to find coffee shops, restaurants, hotels, and weather near you. Clicking on them will automatically bring up spoken text (via Bluetooth), along with on-screen visual information (eg, clicking on weather will have an audio voice say what the current and extended weather is).

Not much more than what you can already do with other Apps. Maybe useful to some people, but not really to me.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
According to cars.com the new 2014 goes on sale TODAY and prices have went up $200. Only change is no more Amber Brownstone. It is now Kona Coffee.

Hey, AmberB, you'll have to change your name to KonaC. LOL.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanax
Looks like no changes, just new color option.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/04/201...oop+(CARSCOOPS)
All of the 2014 RDX info is on the Acura web site.

Regards, Jim
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts
Really disappointed kona coffee isn't available with black interior and white diamond pearl isn't available with black interior in the U.S. Guess I'll have to go for crystal black pearl.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I hear ya on the white exterior with black interior!! It blows my mind that they can make this combination available in Canada, but not in the US. I guess this is one occasional where I feel we have an advantage over Americans
Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
^^ I hear ya on the white exterior with black interior!! It blows my mind that they can make this combination available in Canada, but not in the US. I guess this is one occasional where I feel we have an advantage over Americans
Only if you consider a black interior an advantage!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Racer

Since they only have two interior colors, I don't see why they don't offer ALL two interior colors on ALL seven exterior colors.

Regards, Jim
The following users liked this post:
bigwavedave (05-10-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Only if you consider a black interior an advantage!

*lol* Very good point.... That being said, being extremely biased to a black interior and a white exterior....I would have to immigrate to Canada if I was an American
Old 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Shame they didn't make any changes. Wasn't expecting anything huge, but thought maybe a couple small things like black interiors with the White and Amber Brownstone... possibly HID headlights as a stand alone option and/or auto rear gate being standard.

I think this makes my decision easier. Probably going to go for a 24 month lease on a 2014 Volvo and see where the RDX is by 2016. Hopefully, by then we see rear vents, better color options, and other standard luxury options like the auto rear gate. If not, I'll just stick with Volvo (which after test driving just impressed the hell out of me).

Still gonna stay on this board though Great info here and all of you guys are fun and knowledgeable.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Napoleon....Please make sure you stick around and come and join us on articulate conversation We need people like you here and despite buying a Volvo, I, for one, would love to hear from you....I think Volvo makes great vehicle so hope all works well for you
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
The '14 RDX release caught me by surprise. Must have been napping! I compared the "Fact Sheets" of the '13 and the '14 to see if I could find ANY little thing changed. I could not find a thing....other than what you guys know is the one color change and the fact that each model's price went up $200.

So, I too, am surprised that there were not some minor changes here and there.
I'm wondering IF they may have changed the rear shocks??? Hmmmm??? I will ask the Parts Mgr. at the dealer if the part #'s are the same for the 2 model years. I'm hoping, but, somehow I bet they didn't change the shocks.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Acura rarely changes things out side of MMC, I would not expect anything in 15 either. I do wish they would drop in the ED engine. Also frustrating that by missing the new tech of the Accord/RLX/MDX that the RDX will age prematurely. Hopefully they will add an Advance package in MMC that will add maybe lane departure, lane watch, etc. I don't see them adding the dual screen head unit at MMC, but I would love to be wrong.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Napoleon....Please make sure you stick around and come and join us on articulate conversation We need people like you here and despite buying a Volvo, I, for one, would love to hear from you....I think Volvo makes great vehicle so hope all works well for you
Weather,

Of course I'm sticking around here. I love ALL cars. I'm actually a member of online forums for Acura, Volvo, BMW (2 bmw sites to be exact), and Audi. So clearly I discuss anything auto related

The other reason I'm moving away from the RDX is because of life. I'm still single (though plan on getting engaged in a year) and no children. I know once children come I will have a greater need for the space of an SUV. My job also began giving me rental trucks for work, so the cargo space in my personal vehicle didn't matter. I realized... this may be my last chance for a while to get a sports sedan since once kids come along more space will be needed.
When I looked at the sport sedan market, the S60 T5 just stood out as a solid value. (Plus that turbo 5 got me a little turned on when I drove it ).

Hopefully Acura tweaks the RDX enough in 2-4 years to bring me back into the brand. I drive a 2005 RSX now and it has 180,000 miles on it and going strong. Can't say anything bad with reliability like that! Will definitely consider Acura in the future.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Different Wheel Option

Were these wheels available for 2013? They are unique... http://www.acura.com/RDX/2014/Photos...ls-gray-back-8
Old 04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by mwachel
Were these wheels available for 2013? They are unique... http://www.acura.com/RDX/2014/Photos...ls-gray-back-8
They look to be the optional Acura wheels that were available for the '13.....looks like to me. When you go to the "Accessories" section of the '14 RDX portion of the Acura site....all the items are the same as for the '13 model. I checked.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I remember seeing those on the 2013 model and saying they look like flowers.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have those accessory wheels on my black 13 RDX. Really look sharp compared to the standard (common design) wheels.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by I_Like_Scotch
I have those accessory wheels on my black 13 RDX. Really look sharp compared to the standard (common design) wheels.
OT: What is your favorite scotch?

Regards, Jim
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Those are definitely the 2013 accessory wheels -- they look much beter in person.

As for the 2014...still no blue like on the aport wagon or older MDX models.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
Damn. I want the 2nd gen but only when they upg to newer tech similar to the 2013 accord. Heck, all I really want are Led drls and led rear tails. Argh.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm a dude you reprobates

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by geocord
According to cars.com the new 2014 goes on sale TODAY and prices have went up $200. Only change is no more Amber Brownstone. It is now Kona Coffee.

Hey, AmberB, you'll have to change your name to KonaC. LOL.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by AmberB
My understanding is the color is similar and the Amber Brownstone is no longer available. I could be wrong and it was a feeble attempt at humor.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by geocord
My understanding is the color is similar and the Amber Brownstone is no longer available. I could be wrong and it was a feeble attempt at humor.
No worries, I got the joke, and actually thought it was amusing.

in other 2014 RDX news, I'm checking out the TQI sheet for it and it suggests the tech needs to initialize the drivers window auto up-down feature. No mention of the front passenger window...was that feature lost on the 2014?

This service bulletin includes these TQI
procedures:
• Install the Fuses
• Check the Battery
• Battery Management System
• Install the Shift Lock Release Cover
• Set the Radio Anti-Theft Code
• Set the Compass Zone (Models without Navigation)
• Check/Refresh the XM Satellite Radio Dealer Demo
Service (All Except Alaskan & Hawaiian Models)
• Check the HandsFreeLink System
• Check the Moonroof One-Touch Feature
• Initialize the Driver’s Window Up/Down Feature
• Remove the Interior Protective Coverings
• Install the Floor Mats
• Remove the Exterior Protective Coverings
• Set the Tire Pressures
• Install the Front License Plate Holder and the Rear
License Plate Bolts
• Do the Idle Learn Procedure
• Do the CKP-Pattern Learn Procedure
• Complete the Personalized Settings Check Sheet
(To Be Done by Sales Staff)
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

No worries, I got the joke, and actually thought it was amusing.

in other 2014 RDX news, I'm checking out the TQI sheet for it and it suggests the tech needs to initialize the drivers window auto up-down feature. No mention of the front passenger window...was that feature lost on the 2014?

This service bulletin includes these TQI
procedures:
• Install the Fuses
• Check the Battery
• Battery Management System
• Install the Shift Lock Release Cover
• Set the Radio Anti-Theft Code
• Set the Compass Zone (Models without Navigation)
• Check/Refresh the XM Satellite Radio Dealer Demo
Service (All Except Alaskan & Hawaiian Models)
• Check the HandsFreeLink System
• Check the Moonroof One-Touch Feature
• Initialize the Driver’s Window Up/Down Feature
• Remove the Interior Protective Coverings
• Install the Floor Mats
• Remove the Exterior Protective Coverings
• Set the Tire Pressures
• Install the Front License Plate Holder and the Rear
License Plate Bolts
• Do the Idle Learn Procedure
• Do the CKP-Pattern Learn Procedure
• Complete the Personalized Settings Check Sheet
(To Be Done by Sales Staff)
Easy enough to check out. Go to the Acura web site. Got to the Manual and Fact Sheet section, under the Brochures section. The fact sheet is a PDF file....open it....read all what's on the '14. I compared with the '13 Fact Sheet and found nothing different.

I just read it and the driver's and passenger's are exactly the same....auto up, down with safety and key off. Same as the '13. Nothing has changed between these 2 models besides the one color and all versions are $200 more.

That's exactly what I wrote in my earlier post...just a few above this one.

Take care!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye62
OT: What is your favorite scotch?

Regards, Jim
So many good ones! I tend to favour the Islay malts, such as Lagavulin; so smokey it's like sipping on a camp fire! But I enjoy all the regions. Plus Irish Whiskey such as Red Breast.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Darn I must have taken a wrong turn on this site....and stumbled into an AA meeting gone wrong! The subject is 2014 RDX's. If you want to talk booze start a new thread.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Darn I must have taken a wrong turn on this site....and stumbled into an AA meeting gone wrong! The subject is 2014 RDX's. If you want to talk booze start a new thread.
Thread police, look out!!!
blueorchid12 (03-14-2014)
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Glenlivet is my fav!!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 PM

So, Kona Coffee is dark metallic brown. Just saw it on the Acura website. I like it, and then I don't. I guess it looks good, but the color will be a negative when the car is like 10 years old and nobody is buying brown cars again. It'll be like burnt orange is today. Fortunately, Amber Brownstone is less polarizing of a color, and now it's rare! If it weren't for my two neighbors with matching cars I'd never "see myself" driving down the road.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
AmberB I only had a minute to look for Kona coffee, could not find it or AB any longer for the RDX or MDX,
what model did you see it offered on?
ETA my mistake, somehow missed Kona in the RDX lineup

So am I the only one here that wants to see the Bali blue in person?

Last edited by RDXinNETX; 04-10-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by fleuger99
Thread police, look out!!!
Just like in society as a whole....if the folks that are supposed to be doing their job aren't, then responsible folks have to step up. You don't like that, complain to the monitors...if they are paying attention.

If you want to turn this site in to a free for all....I'd think you'd get some push back. The TSX site is out of hand....let's at least keep this one on track for what it was designed for. If that makes too much sense for you...then you are part of the problem.

Vodka!!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Kona Coffee is dark metallic brown. Just saw it on the Acura website. I like it, and then I don't. I guess it looks good, but the color will be a negative when the car is like 10 years old and nobody is buying brown cars again. It'll be like burnt orange is today. Fortunately, Amber Brownstone is less polarizing of a color, and now it's rare! If it weren't for my two neighbors with matching cars I'd never "see myself" driving down the road.
I've waiting to buy my Amber Brownstone RDX, and now it looks like I better get off the fence and buy it before they're all gone. Does anyone know why they're getting rid of this color? I've never seen sales volume by color stat's, but maybe this color just wasn't selling.

If this is the case, I just don't understand replacing Amber Brownstone with a dark brown color option. To me, the Amber Brownstone is amuch more appealing and sophisticated looking color. It looks like a bronzish,
brown that my friend has on his BMW X5.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by dave60
I've waiting to buy my Amber Brownstone RDX, and now it looks like I better get off the fence and buy it before they're all gone. Does anyone know why they're getting rid of this color? I've never seen sales volume by color stat's, but maybe this color just wasn't selling.

If this is the case, I just don't understand replacing Amber Brownstone with a dark brown color option. To me, the Amber Brownstone is amuch more appealing and sophisticated looking color. It looks like a bronzish,
brown that my friend has on his BMW X5.
No reason for color changes, just something that changes from year to year and time to time.

We received our first Kona Coffee 2014 on Tuesday and it is VERY dark. Next to black I thought it was a black car until the light hit it. If you want Amber Brownstone, go now and don't wait, they will not be around long. As 2013's dry up due to current programs on them, a lower volume (and great looking) color like Amber Brownstone will not be around long without any new ones being produced.

I wish it stayed, but things do change. Colors especially.
juice13 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Suzuka Master

I also don't understand why they took away the Amber Browstone color. Maybe it was not a hot seller but it sure was a looker!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 1st post.. Any idea when these will be available in Canada?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:19 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by hubble998
My 1st post.. Any idea when these will be available in Canada?
May 1st. Higher lease/finance rate as well than the 2013s.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, the dash board of the RDX starts to look like old school when compare to multi color MID of other cars. It 's like B&W TV in RDX compares to HD TV in other cars. Acura is slow in catching up in technology nowaday.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by beach109
No reason for color changes, just something that changes from year to year and time to time.

We received our first Kona Coffee 2014 on Tuesday and it is VERY dark. Next to black I thought it was a black car until the light hit it. If you want Amber Brownstone, go now and don't wait, they will not be around long. As 2013's dry up due to current programs on them, a lower volume (and great looking) color like Amber Brownstone will not be around long without any new ones being produced.

I wish it stayed, but things do change. Colors especially.
Does this one have Parchment?

Same green floor mats? Same light tailgate carpet? Not a big fan of the instant-dirty rear cargo carpet but I do like the dark green floor mats.

Thanks

Quick Reply: New 2014 RDX Info released.