My 2013 RDX is Home

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
My 2013 RDX is Home

I just got home with my new 2013 RDX AWD Tech Silver Moon Ebony Leather ride! I spent about 2 hours at the dealer finalizing paper work and getting a lesson on the features. Very painless. Two interesting things: They were ready to finance 100 % of the price and they accepted a personal check for the down payment I elected to make. (Previous experience has been that dealers want a cashiers check.)

Anyway, I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

Regards, Jim
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Congrats Jim...can't wait to see the pics. Mine arrived this morning but won't pick it up until next Wednesday because of work and distance between my place and the dealership.

At least its arrived. By the way, we don't have that color in Canada...or at least, its called something different (Albaster silver metallic). The same for the brown color, you guys have it called browstone while ours is Urban Titanium which seems a bit darker
Old 05-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pics please. Can't get enough of them in different color trim.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Racer

Do I just attach jpeg files to a post? What size limit?

We have house guests until Saturday, so I won't post anything until after they leave.

Regards, Jim
Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Most people here will create an account on photobucket and then copy the link from there as it is the proper size/format. You upload your pics on photobucket from your computer, then copy the link here. If you are not sure, send me a pm, I'll give you my e-mail adress and I'll upload them for you
Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics, as I've ordered exactly the same RDX. I should have it by May 11.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye62
I just got home with my new 2013 RDX AWD Tech Silver Moon Ebony Leather ride! I spent about 2 hours at the dealer finalizing paper work and getting a lesson on the features. Very painless. Two interesting things: They were ready to finance 100 % of the price and they accepted a personal check for the down payment I elected to make. (Previous experience has been that dealers want a cashiers check.)

Anyway, I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

Regards, Jim
Congrats and enjoy the new ride! Looking forward to some pictures!

Acura has been very "friendly" to me accepting personal checks. I've bought 4 new Acuras from the same dealer over the years and always paid with a personal check. I only financed the 1st Acura. The last 3 I put a down payment with a personal check and then another personal check to "pay in full" upon delivery. Makes car buying simple and easy and I like the respect and trust they give me that "I'm good for it". Sh*t, I'm not going to write a check I can't cover. That would be pretty stupid.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by weather
Most people here will create an account on photobucket and then copy the link from there as it is the proper size/format. You upload your pics on photobucket from your computer, then copy the link here. If you are not sure, send me a pm, I'll give you my e-mail adress and I'll upload them for you
I haven't been a member long enough to use PM. I will look at PhotoBucket.

Thanks, Jim
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
Congrats and enjoy the new ride! Looking forward to some pictures!

Acura has been very "friendly" to me accepting personal checks. I've bought 4 new Acuras from the same dealer over the years and always paid with a personal check. I only financed the 1st Acura. The last 3 I put a down payment with a personal check and then another personal check to "pay in full" upon delivery. Makes car buying simple and easy and I like the respect and trust they give me that "I'm good for it". Sh*t, I'm not going to write a check I can't cover. That would be pretty stupid.
My first Acura was a 2001 MDX which I bought new from a dealer in Seattle. I lived in a small town about two hours away. They took a personal check for the initial deposit, but when the car was delivered, they wanted a cashier's check, which I didn't have because they failed to tell me the final amount due. So, they had me sign a note that wasn't cancelled until my personal check cleared. Not exactly an experience that gave me a warm feeling for Acura of Seattle.

Jim
Old 05-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Hi everyone....the OP (i.e. Jim) sent me a few preliminary pics of his RDX and asked that I upload for him since I have a photobucket account. He will be taking more pics later this weekend as he has guest for part of the weekend. He acknowledged that they are not the best quality and he felt bad he forgot to remove the bag in the front so no need to comment on that. As I said, more pics will come soon but these can help us finally see more pics of the RDX. I can't wait to get mine on Wednesday!

Last edited by mau108; 05-11-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: removed broken images
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Racer

I wanted to list the accessories I added to my 2013 RDX, AWD, Tech, Silver Moon exterior, Ebony Leather interior.

Premium Protection Package (Includes Cargo Tray, Splash Guards front and rear and wheel locks.) Splash guards are unobtrusive but look like they will get the job done.

All Season Floor Mats

Cargo Net (This is a flat net that covers cargo versus the hanging basket net that I had in my 2001 MDX.)

Interior Wood Trim (I passed on the steering wheel and shift knob wood trim. This is real wood and looks very elegant.)

Body Side Moldings (These are the same color as the car, very unobtrusive, but they look like they will prevent most door dings.)

Cargo Cover

Express/Etch Anti-Theft

And my dealer provide free oil changes that include exterior hand wash and interior vacuum.

Regards, Jim
Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Hi guys...more photos supplied by Jim he wanted me to post for you guys

Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Moderators...Can you please delete my post that just shows the photobuck icons?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Banned

Smile

The wood gives some contrast to the interior and looks nice. I've ordered the same color/package and it's supposed to arrive today. Based on your pics, I'm going to order the same wood package.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Racer

OK, RDXAWDTech'13, did you get your RDX? Let us know how you like it!

Regards, Jim
Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Suzuka Master

I think he is getting it tomorrow.....
Old 05-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
damn this car rides high. you need it to get it slammed
Old 05-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Banned

I think he is getting it tomorrow.....
I picked my wife's '13 RDX AWD Tech yesterday. I'll post pictures once I get her washed up (it rained yesterday) - the car that is.

I'm very impressed with the firm, supportive seats, the quiet ride and the suspension (just right for a CUV). It feels more like a car than an SUV, but has space too.

The larger rear seat doesn't fold down by using the latch, but the smaller rear seat does. Anybody else experience that?

I also haven't figured out how to raise the automatic rear liftgate from inside the car (with the button) without unlocking the doors. I programmed it to "always" raise the liftgate (even when the doors are locked), but maybe that only works with the key?

This is a very refined CUV indeed.

Tim
Old 05-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RDXAWDTech'13
I picked my wife's '13 RDX AWD Tech yesterday. I'll post pictures once I get her washed up (it rained yesterday) - the car that is.

I'm very impressed with the firm, supportive seats, the quiet ride and the suspension (just right for a CUV). It feels more like a car than an SUV, but has space too.

The larger rear seat doesn't fold down by using the latch, but the smaller rear seat does. Anybody else experience that?

I also haven't figured out how to raise the automatic rear liftgate from inside the car (with the button) without unlocking the doors. I programmed it to "always" raise the liftgate (even when the doors are locked), but maybe that only works with the key?

Tim
Congratulations Tim.

You have to hold the button for a few seconds. I don't think the doors have to be unlocked, but I think the engine has be off.

Jim
Old 05-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Racer

Quick correction. The doors do have to be unlocked.

Jim
Old 05-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RDXAWDTech'13

Tim
Both of my rear seats go down with the appropriate latch. That was one of the first things my wife tested.

Jim
Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Interior looks really nice with the wood trim.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
is the wood trim standard in the US model?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by richardyc
No I think it's an option under interior accessories.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:19 AM
2013 RDX tech Amber

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I love the wood trim on this and I am getting it on mine can't wait a few more days still.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by richardyc
There are actually three wood trim options. Simple wood trim, which I have, steering wheel trim and shift knob trim. I thought the steering wheel and shift knob were a little over done.

Regards, Jim
Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM
2013 RDX tech Amber

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well I am getting the fool woody! lol I am coming out of a 2009 TSX all grey inside and out so I am needing a little warmth. I got the Brownstone with parchment.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cbstsx09
Well I am getting the fool woody! lol I am coming out of a 2009 TSX all grey inside and out so I am needing a little warmth. I got the Brownstone with parchment.
Be careful with that woody.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys...more photos supplied by Jim he wanted me to post for you guys

Between your tach and speedometer on the dash, there is a blue light but the Acura website doesn't show that. Is it adjustable to a different color?

http://www.acura.com/RDX/2013/Photos...hboard-details
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hawkeye252
Between your tach and speedometer on the dash, there is a blue light but the Acura website doesn't show that. Is it adjustable to a different color?

http://www.acura.com/RDX/2013/Photos...hboard-details
I don't know of any blue light. What looks like a blue light is the info panel. It shows various information such as tire pressure, trip odometer, outside temp, etc, etc. It is black and white.

Jim
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Congrats !!!
I drove a new 2012 and loved it.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got all the 'woodgrain' options on a 2013 RDX; all look good, adding a nice touch to the parchment interior ('camel' color, according to my lady). Downside - they aren't real wood, as far as I can tell. Pretty as they are, they appear to be resin/plastic panels. Upside - they'll look good longer than actual wood, without maintenance or special care.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye62
There are actually three wood trim options. Simple wood trim, which I have, steering wheel trim and shift knob trim. I thought the steering wheel and shift knob were a little over done.

Regards, Jim
The wood actually looks good, particularly with the parchment interior. Also, several folks have commented on the steering wheel, and it's got a nice feel to it. I'd recommend the full woody!!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Sculldog3
The wood actually looks good, particularly with the parchment interior. Also, several folks have commented on the steering wheel, and it's got a nice feel to it. I'd recommend the full woody!!
Please post pics of full wood treatment. I would love to see how it looks. Thx in advance.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by backwoody
I got all the 'woodgrain' options on a 2013 RDX; all look good, adding a nice touch to the parchment interior ('camel' color, according to my lady). Downside - they aren't real wood, as far as I can tell. Pretty as they are, they appear to be resin/plastic panels. Upside - they'll look good longer than actual wood, without maintenance or special care.

backwoody... can you post some photos of the parchment interior with wood accents? I haven't seen how these two look together (only black with wood accent) and am trying to decide if its an option I want
Old 09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Napoleon
backwoody... can you post some photos of the parchment interior with wood accents? I haven't seen how these two look together (only black with wood accent) and am trying to decide if its an option I want
Hey Napoleon, my digital cam is on the fritz - might take me awhile to get pix posted. There are pix already in this thread showing the dash and console; for the steering wheel, the wood grain element runs across the top from about 10 to 2 o'clock position. And the shift knob can be wood grain too, if you want the third option.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Well I went ahead and did it. I just got all the wood accessories installed in my White with parch RDX today. I really like the finish on the wood. I will take pics and post this weekend.

I am very happy with all the accessories I had installed(Roof Rails, Sport Running Boards, Body Side Molding, Splash Guards, All Weather Mats, Cargo Liner, Cargo Tray, and Cargo Net). My dealer in Houston matched the cheap prices I found online.
The following users liked this post:
RDXinNETX (01-02-2013)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by backwoody
Hey Napoleon, my digital cam is on the fritz - might take me awhile to get pix posted. There are pix already in this thread showing the dash and console; for the steering wheel, the wood grain element runs across the top from about 10 to 2 o'clock position. And the shift knob can be wood grain too, if you want the third option.
Yeah I've seen the wood grain with the black interior... I haven't seen how it looks with parchment. I'm not a huge wood trim fan (I feel like its more for old people) but once in a while I admit it does catch my eye. I go back and forth between liking and no liking it often :-P
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I think the wheel is marginally thicker/more substantial with the wood option -- likely due to the manufactoring process, it's definitely a nice look/feel.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Napoleon
This post shows the wood grain on parchment interior.

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-photograph-gallery-408/black-beige-interior-19-sparkling-silver-rims-245-55-toyo-tires-roof-rails-859788/

Last edited by wizardjjr; 09-07-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added a comment

Quick Reply: My 2013 RDX is Home