Lloyd Carpet Mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lloyd Carpet Mats

Living in S. FL, I dont feel the need for Weather Tech mats. I purchased ones from Lloyd for the front seats and the cargo area. I think they look and feel better than the OE. The color match and fit is great down to the retaining holes. The problem is that rear seat mats are not offered for Tech equipped RDXs yet; only for the Non-Tech model. I speculate that the console footprint in the rear seat must be different? I emailed Lloyd inquiring the reason and when I can expect the rear mats to be available. I have not received a response yet. Does anyone know if and how the center console differs in the rear for Tech and Non-Tech RDXs?
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (01-17-2013)
Old 12-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey NutznBoltz,
What color is your interior? I have parchment and I am curious which color matches best with the brown carpet.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Cruisin'

Hello Lanman,
They have several shades in the brown/beige family. You can order samples. I think Dk Taupe might be the best match to OE mat color. My RDX is Basque Red/Parchment. I already have to OE brown. I went a different route; Burgundy to match body color. Quite happy with the results. Will be happier when they offer the rear seat mats for the Tech packaged models so I can complete the look!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NutznBoltz
Does anyone know if and how the center console differs in the rear for Tech and Non-Tech RDXs?
I'm curious about this too.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
I went to AcuraOEMparts dot com and looked at the exploded parts diagram (rear console) for the tech and non-tech. Unless I missed something, the parts list (items and parts numbers) are identical so the console is not the issue. Looks like the speaker locations are the same between the two and did not see a subwoofer or something under the front seats on the tech that would make for a different mat. I cannot see a reason for the two using a different rear floor mat.
The following users liked this post:
NutznBoltz (01-19-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the research Dorsey. Visually, I don't see a difference. Weather Tech offers the rear mat and does not differentiate fit between Tech & non Tech models. I have sent another inquirey to Lloyd Mats again; they never responded to my first one.