iPhone6 audio issue: unable to use play/pause button

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
iPhone6 audio issue: unable to use play/pause button

I have two iPhone 6. Both running iOS 9.3.1. When I connect iPhone A to the car’s audio as iPod, the songs start playing right away and I can use the Play/Pause button on the On-Demand Multi Use (ODMU) screen of the car. Everything works fine. I don’t have to control anything directly from the phone.

However, with iPhone B, I am unable to use the Play/Pause button on the ODMU. I have to start/stop/pause a song directly on the phone itself. It also won’t start playing the song as soon as I connect it to the USB as iPod. This used to work before then all of a sudden, just stopped.

I have checked the settings on both the phones, but everything is the same.

Can anyone suggest something that I can try?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Intermediate

Sorry. Forgot to mention this is in RDX 2016 Elite (Canadian). thnx...
Old 04-21-2016, 10:05 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Maybe you should ask this question to Rockyboy....
You don't know that person...? You must be kidding...
Old 04-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

C'mon. Who doesn't know Rockyboy? If I ask him, he is going to tell me how I can make my RDX a relentless chic magnet.

Anyhow....if anyone has a solution to my problem, please help. My only other option is to do a factory reset on my phone and see if that fixes it.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:41 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Your post #2 was very suggestive of Rockyboy. . Jokes aside, I would try a soft reset of your phones first (home + start button for 10 secs) and redo the blue tooth pairing before attempting a factory reset. Are you playing music through Bluetooth or a cable?
Old 04-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Intermediate

Bluetooth works fine. I can use the play/pause button on the screen and don't have to reach the phone to do anything. Its only when I use the phone as an iPod via usb.

And yes, I tried re-pairing, but the problem still exists. iPhone has an option to reset all the settings. I just did that and will give it a shot again when I get home. Hope this fixes it.