Condensation:

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014 | 02:15 PM
Instructor

Condensation:

So I am worried about this...live in Ohio where temps have been crazy low. Yesterday took my car for a carwash and when I got home, I noticed condensation where the DRLs are located..no condensation on the xenon light side.

temps yesterday were about 5-7 degrees...supercold

lot of salt on the car...so wanted to get that out.

Anyways, is this normal because of temps? or is the seal broken?

Should I be taking this into the dealership or wait till it gets warmer?
Old 01-29-2014 | 03:09 PM
Suzuka Master

It could be a little of both. When I got my 2012 TL, I remember noticing some condensation in the fog light assembly. I parked my car in the sun and after a few days, it all went away and never came back. Mind you, I was a little careful to not spray as much water on the fog light assembly itself.

Unless your warranty is about to expire, which I doubt, just give it a little bit of time and see if mother nature will take care of it - And use the sun to your advantage.
The following users liked this post:
DealsAllTheWay (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014 | 03:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by weather
It could be a little of both. When I got my 2012 TL, I remember noticing some condensation in the fog light assembly. I parked my car in the sun and after a few days, it all went away and never came back. Mind you, I was a little careful to not spray as much water on the fog light assembly itself.

Unless your warranty is about to expire, which I doubt, just give it a little bit of time and see if mother nature will take care of it - And use the sun to your advantage.
Thanks..I am hoping it's not a seal issue since it happened on both sides...but what would cause it? high pressure HOT water? and then going out driving in freezing cold?
Old 01-29-2014 | 06:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, its hard to tell if water seeped through, that is the problem with high pressure washers/jets. Its possible that its just condensation from the very cold to warm and that the moisture formed on the inside of the lens. It will just take a little bit of time to evaporate that moisture because its a sealed unit...I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Wait till it gets a little warmer and the sun is starting to get stronger....so point the front of the car toward the sun when you can and just wait a few days.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
The following users liked this post:
DealsAllTheWay (01-30-2014)
Old 02-03-2014 | 08:14 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by weather
Well, its hard to tell if water seeped through, that is the problem with high pressure washers/jets. Its possible that its just condensation from the very cold to warm and that the moisture formed on the inside of the lens. It will just take a little bit of time to evaporate that moisture because its a sealed unit...I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. Wait till it gets a little warmer and the sun is starting to get stronger....so point the front of the car toward the sun when you can and just wait a few days.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
this went away...so that's good. But as you know, I went to get another car wash because of more snow/salt and now I am dealing with paint chip on both front doors..arghhhhhh.