Auto headlights and dash light problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto headlights and dash light problems

I have a 2016 rdx tech and the lights come on and go off during the middle of the day. It's sunny outside. Does anyone have this problem? In addition. And a seperate issue the dash completely goes out and come s on intermittently during the day. Any help appreciated. I just changed the headlight sensitivity to min and am hoping that fixes it.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Both the headlights and the dash brightness are adjustable.

Go into car settings (car must be running and stopped) and set the auto- on sensitivity. Use the day/night button on the stack to adjust dash brightness.

The light sensor for both these functions is on the dash and, therefore, sensitive to whether, or not, the car is pointed toward or away from the sun. Your description of how your car works is consistent with my experience.

When the sun is higher in the sky, these changes will not be so frequent or dramatic, I suspect.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have adjusted the headlight sensitive level to the lowest to match my previous vehicles' medium setting. You can adjust to whatever level you are comfortable with.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:21 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TurkEclipse
And a seperate issue the dash completely goes out and come s on intermittently during the day. Any help appreciated. I just changed the headlight sensitivity to min and am hoping that fixes it.
Check your clock! The dash changes modes for day/night driving. If your clock isn't properly set, it'll change on you suddenly.

Also, you may want to change the brightness levels with the button just to left and below the big knob. The one with the sun and crescent moon on it.