AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RDX (2013-2018) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/)
-   -   Acura Service (Loaners and Service) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/acura-service-loaners-service-920555/)

banana13 10-31-2014 12:31 PM

Acura Service (Loaners and Service)

Just dropped my RDX off for service and I got a 2013 TSX BASE .
I honestly don't enjoy the TSX as much as the RDX but mabey I'm not use to smaller cars .

I gotten A1 service done and they charged me around 200$ .

The Dealer also asked me if I wanted a complimentary car wash and refused due, to the amount of swirls my car already has.

I also asked them about the next time I drop my car off and how much it would be for the B7 and he said around 200-300 $ I'm lucky I don't have an Audi . I guess its part of maintenance and I have to stick to it , these days everything is about money .

Also wondering about the loaners that others received and what model they get the most ??

Thanks

HotRodW 10-31-2014 01:31 PM

"I'm lucky I don't have an Audi"

I don't think Audi service is as bad as you think. The first service is free at 5k miles, then only required every 10k after that. Plus you have the option to purchase AudiCare, which covers all basic service and maintenance for the first 50k miles. AudiCare was $750 when we purchased our Q5, but the dealer threw it in at no cost.

ceb 10-31-2014 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by banana13 (Post 15219567)
I honestly don't enjoy the TSX as much as the RDX but mabey I'm not use to smaller cars .

The Dealer also asked me if I wanted a complimentary car wash and refused due, to the amount of swirls my car already has.

I also asked them about the next time I drop my car off and how much it would be for the B7 and he said around 200-300 $ I'm lucky I don't have an Audi . I guess its part of maintenance and I have to stick to it , these days everything is about money .

Also wondering about the loaners that others received and what model they get the most ??

Thanks

The dealer must hav a house payment coming up to charge you $200 for an A1. An A1 is an oil change and a tire rotation and a few checks that you do every day (do the seatbelts work? the lights? Is the engine still there? etc). It should be in the $100-$125 range.

Or you could go to your local Honda dealer for servicing (all current Hondas and Acuras use the same fluids and filters) or just ask for an oil change.

I asked my dealer what it cost for an A1 ($120) and for an oil change ($59 plus $20 for rotation). He confided in me that it cost the dealership more to identify which cars get an A service and which just get an oil change, so all get the same check anyway.

I spent $850 for 4yr 60k worth of services and don't have to worry about playing the dealer game with costs of services.

YeuEmMaiMai 11-01-2014 03:34 AM

^ $59 for an oil change? eff that. It's $34 at our Acura/Subaru dealer.

OP

I do a lot of basic work myself like tire rotation, wipers, brakes, filters but due to the mess involved with fluids, I let the dealer do that stuff.

BLEXV6 11-01-2014 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by banana13 (Post 15219567)

Also wondering about the loaners that others received and what model they get the most

Thanks

If you want to do the work yourself, then obviously you will save money. When I was younger I used to rotate the tires and change the oil myself, but now I would rather pay someone else to do this as I no longer enjoy doing this.

I also write off the cost as I use my RDX for work.

I usually get a ILX for a loaner, which looks a lot ilke the RDX inside, (same steering wheel, gauges and centre controls, but it s so low to the ground and not as powerful. I have had TL's MDX's and RDX's as loaners.

AXMACD 11-09-2014 12:28 PM

I've only gotten ILX's, although they do have a TLX, TL, TSX and RDX loaner - I always get the ILX.

BLEXV6 11-10-2014 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by AXMACD (Post 15229723)
I've only gotten ILX's, although they do have a TLX, TL, TSX and RDX loaner - I always get the ILX.

Would it ever be a bonus to get a TLX. They look sweet.

astig 11-11-2014 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodW (Post 15219641)
"I'm lucky I don't have an Audi"

I don't think Audi service is as bad as you think. The first service is free at 5k miles, then only required every 10k after that. Plus you have the option to purchase AudiCare, which covers all basic service and maintenance for the first 50k miles. AudiCare was $750 when we purchased our Q5, but the dealer threw it in at no cost.

Agreed that Acura maintenance is not cheap anymore. 07 RDX oil change cost 79.99 while an 05 Audi S4 cost 59.99 even with 8 liters of synthetic oil at 5000 mile interval.Those who believed that Acura still cheap must be drinking a Kool Aid.

wildeklave 11-12-2014 04:22 AM

it sounds like many Acura dealers give out ILX's for loaners. For those with a Lexus, Audi, or BMW are your loaners the IS, A3, and 3 series or do they give you a vehicle comparable to what you brought in?

HotRodW 11-12-2014 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by wildeklave (Post 15232985)
it sounds like many Acura dealers give out ILX's for loaners. For those with a Lexus, Audi, or BMW are your loaners the IS, A3, and 3 series or do they give you a vehicle comparable to what you brought in?

Audi offers A4, Q5 or Q7 when our Q5 is serviced. The new A3 is so good, I wouldn't have a problem driving that as a loaner, although I don't think there is even one in the fleet.

The BMW dealership offered X1, 3-Series or 5-Series loaners when my X1 was serviced, even allowing me to log more than 1,200 miles in a brand new $65k 528 xDrive. It was one of only a few positives I took away from the BMW experience.

Comfy 11-12-2014 09:55 PM

Which regular service generally gets a complimentary car? I had an A1 service and all they said that this wouldn't take more than 30 minutes (which was fine by me), so no complimentary car.

BLEXV6 11-13-2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Comfy (Post 15234199)
Which regular service generally gets a complimentary car? I had an A1 service and all they said that this wouldn't take more than 30 minutes (which was fine by me), so no complimentary car.

I don't think any dealer has ever done any job in 30 minutes. I always insist on a loaner unless they are swapping my winter tires. That usually takes 45 minutes and I will wait for that.

k7baixo 11-13-2014 09:02 PM

Our other car is a Lexus ES 350. For the two times that it has been in for service, I've been given an RX and a CT to drive.

kfhughes 11-13-2014 11:00 PM

I've only been offered a loaner twice in 8 years of service with my 3G TL, although to be honest I do all the basic maintenance myself (oil, tranny, rotations, etc). Once was the first year of ownership for a warranty issue they the dealer was trying to reproduce, and the other when I had some major warranty work done. The first time I was given another TL for the day; ironically, it had the exact same issue that my car was in for and which they could not reproduce. The last time they gave me a ZDX; I wanted to get an RDX to use as an extended test drive, but my choices were the ZDX or an MDX (which I would have had to go back to pick up).

marayner 11-16-2014 10:12 AM

$200 for A1, does that come with a massage and hair cut? I am always offered a loaner on any service longer than 1 hour.

CoachRick 11-16-2014 08:26 PM

Had our '13 in for stumbling acceleration and brake inspection and was given a base MDX as a loaner...pick-up was silky compared to the RDX(The plan was to put me into a reasonably new RDX to compare to mine...Oops). Problem persists and I will have them take another look in 1200 miles @ 30K service(unless I just can't stand it before then), likely before Christmas. I usually just wait on site during normal service visits; but will ask for a loaner this time.

ceb 11-17-2014 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodW (Post 15233232)
Audi offers A4, Q5 or Q7 when our Q5 is serviced. The new A3 is so good, I wouldn't have a problem driving that as a loaner, although I don't think there is even one in the fleet.

The BMW dealership offered X1, 3-Series or 5-Series loaners when my X1 was serviced, even allowing me to log more than 1,200 miles in a brand new $65k 528 xDrive. It was one of only a few positives I took away from the BMW experience.

With European cars, the loaner programs are very regional and dealer dependent.

The two local Audi dealers use Enterprise and I've gotten everything from an A8 to a Kia Rio.

The four BMW dealers also outsourced to Enterprise and I've gotten 3 series, X5's, Impalas, Malibus, Altimas and a long term Mini.

Three of the four MB dealers use Enterprise. The fourth (EuroMotorcars) has in-house loaners.

Of the two VW dealers I've used, one does Enterprise and the other does Mazda as they are a VW/Mazda dealership.

Every Lexus or Acura dealership I've gone to has given me an in-house loaner and always equivalent or more expensive than what I drove in with unless I specifically requested something.

banana13 11-19-2014 08:55 AM

Yes thank you all for the input and opinion sorry I made a typo , I was charged around 125$ for the A1 , I was just confused because before I had the service someone told me it would cost more, and when I had it serviced They did everything except for tire rotation but I guess I didn't need that.

ceb 11-20-2014 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by banana13 (Post 15241044)
Yes thank you all for the input and opinion sorry I made a typo , I was charged around 125$ for the A1 , I was just confused because before I had the service someone told me it would cost more, and when I had it serviced They did everything except for tire rotation but I guess I didn't need that.

A1 without a tire rotation is a basic oil change. Tires should be rotated every 6-10k miles so about every service is fine - unless you opt for winter tires like me and then your rotation schedule gets all screwed up.

s40 driver 11-21-2014 04:26 PM

My check engine light was flashing on my way home from Las Vegas this past week. I left the RDX with the local dealership who set me up with an ILX loaner before sending me on my way. The ILX is very much base model and I'm beyond ready to get back in my RDX :P. I am going to pick it up tomorrow.

Anyhow, I pay about $120 for A1 service with 0w-20 here in San Diego. When I had the initial service where they changed the ATX fluid or something they set me up in a 4cyl TSX with tech. I previously owned a 2010 TSX V6 and it was a different driving experience.