Accessory Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Accessory Opinions?

I love the RDX but am concerned that the Black Dog (120 pounds of rescued Labrador-mix) will tear apart the rear seat. Does anyone have any experience with the 2nd row cover? Seems like it would be a very viable option, both for pets and children.

Also considering all weather mats and cargo tray (had on my Jetta for 9 years and the trunk area underneath looks identical to the day it came off the dealer lot). I don't think there's any real potential for issues here, although I have run in to the rubberized mats sometimes not being a perfect fit and sometimes catching my foot when I'm braking.

(Once I'm off probation I will post some photos of the RDX and the dog. I can't decide which is bigger j/k.)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
All weather mats and cargo tray fit well. My dealer put the regular driver's floor mat in the rear storage, said it was a precaution to prevent the all weather mat from interfering with the foot pedals. The other all weather mats fit over the regular mats.

I haven't had any problem with the mat catching my foot.

Regards, Jim
Old 05-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
BlackDod...I would agree that if you have a large dog in the back, having the seat cover would prove useful. It doesn't need to be the Acura's product but I know I would as it would look more upscale,,,,if there is such a thing for seat covers.

As far as my cargo tray, it fit incredibly well and I am glad that dealer gave me one....Its just nice to not having to worry about vaccuming the carpet back there.

By probation, I assume you mean you don't have enough time here to post pictures and not the fact that you just our of jail correct?! *lol* If I am correct, I suggest you use a photo hosting website as photobucket to upload your picture here...piece of cake.

Ask Jim, I have helped him when he got here too
Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the responses. The 2nd row cover is the most expensive of the bunch but I think a good fit is worth it so it doesn't shift around.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackDogRDX
Thanks for the responses. The 2nd row cover is the most expensive of the bunch but I think a good fit is worth it so it doesn't shift around.
Take a look at eBay. There is an Acura dealer that sells Acura accessories there below MSRP. If you are in Canada, there is a small shipping charge, but no duty or brokerage fees - guaranteed and if you are in the US - free shipping. I just bought the cargo tray and cover from them with no issue.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Instructor

I had been looking at Bernardi who seems to be 20% below MSRP. Curry is much closer to me but I'd have to pay sales tax as it is in-state. Do you have any positive/negative feedback on either?

(Ebay is one of the few sites blocked at work so I can't research on my own for a few hours)
Old 05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I had been looking at Bernardi who seems to be 20% below MSRP. Curry is much closer to me but I'd have to pay sales tax as it is in-state. Do you have any positive/negative feedback on either?

(Ebay is one of the few sites blocked at work so I can't research on my own for a few hours)
I used Bernardi for wheel locks, all weather mats, and rear bumper applique. They all arrived quickly and in good condition.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Curry is the eBay seller that I used. Very fast, very friendly. Product was good. The cargo tray was a rolled for shippping and it took a day to fully straighten, but it is perfectly fine now.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
I've dealt with Bernardi numerous times. Never a problem.

The available OEM rear seat cover should be the same as the one I purchased for my 2010 CR-V except made to fit a RDX of course. Even though it is probably the most expensive option I would highly recommend it. It is durable and water resistant. As long as your dog does not have sharp claws or tries to chew on it there should not be a problem. The fit is well tailored and secured. Should be eight pieces one each for the seat bottoms and one each for the backs. Then three pieces one for each head rest and the piece for the center fold down should have a zippered top to open it up to use the cup holders. Does not interfere with any movement or folding of the seats and can be machine washed if it gets soiled.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the rear seat cover with my rdx from acura cuz new baby is a couple of weeks away. Fits fairly well and seems quite strong to take on a lot of crap.

Came in 3 pieces, 1 from the full base fit and 2 pieces for the 60/40 split back pieces. Velcro is fairly strong. will take a few pics for you.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cablerat
I got the rear seat cover with my rdx from acura cuz new baby is a couple of weeks away. Fits fairly well and seems quite strong to take on a lot of crap.

Came in 3 pieces, 1 from the full base fit and 2 pieces for the 60/40 split back pieces. Velcro is fairly strong. will take a few pics for you.
Sorry 3 main pieces, i think total was like 8 to account for head rests, center console, etc..
Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Racer

Attached are the installation instructions.
Attached Files
Old 06-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
I used Park - they are also on Ebay for my cargo cover, splash guards and cargo mat. The parts arrived in about a week in their factory boxes. Interestingly, if you go to their actual web site (not their ebay store) and search their parts catalog using the parts number from the acura e-store, you will find they are about 10% lower in price than on their Ebay site.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Just called H&A Accessories...a division of what was once Carmichael Honda and Acura for 40 yrs. in Northern California to check on their accessory line for the 2013 RDX. It still wasn't up on their web page. And I was curious....!

Recently the Carmichael family retired and sold the 3 dealership business (Honda, Acura, and Toyota) to the Maita family of dealerships of San Francisco.
H&A is a completely seperate...On Line...web business, housed in their own facilities, now owned by the Maita family, and they have been a very successful business that opened on line in 2000. They are a great source for Honda AND Acura "goodies." Good news.....They will be up, on line within a day or so. A full line, as always, of all the Acura vehicle accessories will be available. I have purchased from them many times and found them to be a great source for what I was looking for and at a great price.

Their web address is: www.handa-accessories.com
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Instructor

Anyone have the body side moldings?

If so, how do they look? Will the design protect from door dings? I am going to have a set put on in the next week or two and hope I made a good decision.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dorsey
If so, how do they look? Will the design protect from door dings? I am going to have a set put on in the next week or two and hope I made a good decision.
I have them and I think they look great. You can see them in the photo section, basque red pearl thread. I think they will help with the door dings somewhat. They are on the outermost part of the door, but they are low and a large truck could still do some damage. In my opinion they are worth it for the looks alone.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a new RDX owner as of a couple of weeks ago. I bought the cargo liner (completely covers the sides of the cargo area which I wanted), cargo cover, body side molding, wood interior trim, wood shift knob & steering wheel. Also 2 accessories not through Acura-- sheepskin seat inserts to cover the perforated leather part of the front seats and a fabric hammock to cover the back seat when the dog is in the car. My RDX is FWD no tech, in Amber Brownstone with parchment interior.

Mostly I signed up on this site to say thank you to everyone for all the great information. I had a 2001 Lexus RX300 with 245,000 miles and had planned to get a 2 year old RX350. A friend mentioned the new RDX and after test driving one and thoroughly reading this site (as well as test driving a 2010 RX350 which had more cabin noise than my 11 year old model), I bought the RDX and couldn't be happier. So thank you to all for your help in making this decision!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Instructor

Congrats on your new ride. Post some pictures as there are not too many amber brownstones around so far. I looked at the cargo liner instead of the cargo tray and thought it was a neat idea to protect the sides of the rear compartment.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Here is a bit of information that some of you may or may not know. H and A accessories prices their items 20% below MSRP. Bernardis prices are 25% below MSRP. UPS Ground shipping costs are almost identical.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Here is a bit of information that some of you may or may not know. H and A accessories prices their items 20% below MSRP. Bernardis prices are 25% below MSRP. UPS Ground shipping costs are almost identical.
Also Bernardi will price match if you find it on a website for less (except for auction sites). I placed an order with them this week at 3:30PM UPS Ground and had it the next day at 11AM in NJ.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by GRDX
I've dealt with Bernardi numerous times. Never a problem.
^^^ I've dealt with Bernardi countless time for both Honda and Acura parts. They're A++.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Hey guys, thanks for the info on Bernardi's. H&A folks are great to deal with too, but, hey, wait one more day and I can order from Bernardis and save 5%....and THEN have extra cash to put into my premium burning new RDX!! LOL!!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Do any of you have the Acura "All Season Floor Mats?" And what do you think of them? Since Weather Tech won't have them for us for some time, I'm wondering whether it's worth the money buying the Acura ones. I know that the Honda mats were/are not that good. Hard to keep cleaned up. Weather Tech stuff you can scrub them and they look almost like new again.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks gang!!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Do any of you have the Acura "All Season Floor Mats?" And what do you think of them? Since Weather Tech won't have them for us for some time, I'm wondering whether it's worth the money buying the Acura ones. I know that the Honda mats were/are not that good. Hard to keep cleaned up. Weather Tech stuff you can scrub them and they look almost like new again.
Let me know what you think.

Thanks gang!!
I have the all season mats... They provide way more protection than just the stock mats. I wish they provided more protection at the front of the driver and front passenger areas - lots of carpet is still exposed around the pedals and foot rest and running up to the glove box. They clean up very easily, but keeping them clean is impossible. Because they only come in black, the first time you get in the car after cleaning the mats, any dust from the bottom of your shoe transfers over. I'm hoping Weather Tech will offer a lighter color that more closely matches the carpet color (I have the parchment interior).

But it sounds like it could be up to a few months before the Weather Tech mats are out, so these will get me through the summer hiking and biking season here in Colorado!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:58 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered some clear protector mats from this site:
http://www.carid.com/2013-acura-rdx-floor-mats/

It shows 2013 RDX so hopefully they will fit well. They have clear ones for $43 and some rubber mats in colors for $49. I am at a stable every day and bringing in lots of dust and wasn't crazy about the look of Acura's all weather mats with the parchment interior.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I don't have any at the moment but if I were to buy some, the Weather Tech would be my first choice.