something doesn't feel right

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something doesn't feel right

hey guys.....

I need some advice i think its my tranny. I'm still on my first tranny and i heard trannys in the cl are crap. Anyway, driving around lately ive notice what seems to be a little slip when giving it gas, and second when i let of the gas it feels like im actually applying the brake and im being pushed up in my seat almost like a serious downshit. Whats your opinion do u think its time to take the cl-s in and make use of the warranty? Thanks, Phil
Old 12-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by kegger
hey guys.....

I need some advice i think its my tranny. I'm still on my first tranny and i heard trannys in the cl are crap. Anyway, driving around lately ive notice what seems to be a little slip when giving it gas, and second when i let of the gas it feels like im actually applying the brake and im being pushed up in my seat almost like a serious downshit. Whats your opinion do u think its time to take the cl-s in and make use of the warranty? Thanks, Phil
If you start slipping or sticking in 2nd....say a nice goodbye to your tranny and take it in for a checkup. The last thing you need is for it to slip from 5th to 2nd at 70 mph.
Good luck.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
If you start slipping or sticking in 2nd....say a nice goodbye to your tranny and take it in for a checkup. The last thing you need is for it to slip from 5th to 2nd at 70 mph.
Good luck.
thanks now i kinda notcied a little bucking
Old 12-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kegger
Whats your opinion do u think its time to take the cl-s in and make use of the warranty? Thanks, Phil
Honda will not do anything about your 5AT until there is a hard failure or error code. My second trans is doing all the things you described, but no cigar from Honda until it finally shoots craps. Think of it this way; when it does go out, you will be able to join the elite group: Failed Automatic Trans group. When your second trans fails, you are promoted to the very elite group: Failed Automatic Replacement Trans group. It's nice to have a growing membership in these two groups.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:25 AM
10th Gear

I joined the Failed Automatic Replacement Trans group last weekend. My second transmission never felt right and started exhibiting all the precursors that would make it fail, but I knew they wouldn't do anything about it until it died. Luckily (sarcasm inserted) I didn't have to wait too long (4k), and transmission #3 seems to be OK for now.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro

I've been feeling the same thing lately. I think its in 3rd gear. It accelerates fine, but then I get a little tug back when I release the gas, like I'm going to fast in a gear. I'm going to call the dealership soon to see if I can get my transmission a check up for the recall. Also my maintenence required light is on, and I want to see if they know when my last oil change was. I have an 01 with 41k, i bought it with 39k.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CL-Spell
Honda will not do anything about your 5AT until there is a hard failure or error code. My second trans is doing all the things you described, but no cigar from Honda until it finally shoots craps. Think of it this way; when it does go out, you will be able to join the elite group: Failed Automatic Trans group. When your second trans fails, you are promoted to the very elite group: Failed Automatic Replacement Trans group. It's nice to have a growing membership in these two groups.
ha i cant wait im takin it in friday.....if they dont fix it im gonna be pissed
Old 12-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Keepopee
I joined the Failed Automatic Replacement Trans group last weekend. My second transmission never felt right and started exhibiting all the precursors that would make it fail, but I knew they wouldn't do anything about it until it died. Luckily (sarcasm inserted) I didn't have to wait too long (4k), and transmission #3 seems to be OK for now.
Welcome to F.A.R.T! You are a member of a very elite group.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they won't fix it .. you'll hear the pre-recorded and well used message of "we can't reproduce the problem .. good day"
Old 12-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DivinDude
they won't fix it .. you'll hear the pre-recorded and well used message of "we can't reproduce the problem .. good day"
son of a bitch....even if i have it covered under warranty u think they are still going to give me a hard time?
Old 12-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
until there are lights flashing or it is slipping or dead on the side of the road .. they WILL NOT do anything for ya but hand you the keys and say 'good day'
Old 12-11-2004, 12:51 AM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-Spell
I have to wave the flag on this one, All I did was go to my dealer and they looked at the tranny fluid, test-drove the car a few miles and replaced it without question.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cruz_msl
I have to wave the flag on this one, All I did was go to my dealer and they looked at the tranny fluid, test-drove the car a few miles and replaced it without question.

hmmmmm really
Old 12-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cruz_msl
I guess it depends on the dealer. I guess you could try another dealer.