SIGNS??? of tranny starting to hate me????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 08:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIGNS??? of tranny starting to hate me????

Ok, after the installation of UR pulleys, on my way home.... First full throttle after like 10 mins in traffic....... The check engine light comes on "FLASHING", not solid on, just flashing when my 2nd gear kicks in at VTEC range!!!

while wondering what happened, i let go the gas and drive as normal.... After a minute flashing slowly, it goes away..... Then i found a parking lot, turn off the car, pop the hood, checked everything, they all seems to be perfectly fine!

When i stick the key into the ignition, turn it to ON, before i start it..... I saw the red box at P, and also a green box at D5... after the second later, the green box at D5 goes away..... this happen everytime when i start to car, both box lights on, then the green D5 light goes away.....

OK, guys, does it sounds familiar to you? Cuz Ive heard before tranny goes bad, it will have syntoms like this.... is that real? What does that FLASHING check engine light mean? cuz normally, if something is wrong, the check engine light will just stay on solid, but now just flashing... so wat yall guys think??? Thanks alot for ANY advise or comments!
Old 08-26-2002, 08:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
doesn't sound good. take it to the dealer.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:59 PM
13 Second CLS Defender :)

Laser, same things that happened to me on tranny #1 & #2 go to the dealer and have them check it out so you at least have a record of complaint before them moment of inevitability creeps up and kicks you in the pants.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:14 PM
Racer

Originally posted by TheModMole
Laser, same things that happened to me on tranny #1 & #2 go to the dealer and have them check it out so you at least have a record of complaint before them moment of inevitability creeps up and kicks you in the pants.
oh ok, cuz when the car shift, everything seems fine, no sign mechanically at all..... only check engine lights and stuff, but i will take it back to dealer tomorrow....