she's in for numero 3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:56 PM
War Eagle!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
she's in for numero 3!!!

Update.

At the dealership - they took mine in, put both Fuel Pump and Tranny recall on the ticket. NO LOANER! They're supposed to get one in tonight and call me when it comes back but I'm curious to see if they're just pulling my chain because they had stone-white faces when I mentioned the recall and the details on it...kinda like, "um...how did you know that?" they did however mention that somebody else called regarding it as well.

This will be number 3!
Old 07-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by momentum3.2
Update.

At the dealership - they took mine in, put both Fuel Pump and Tranny recall on the ticket. NO LOANER! They're supposed to get one in tonight and call me when it comes back but I'm curious to see if they're just pulling my chain because they had stone-white faces when I mentioned the recall and the details on it...kinda like, "um...how did you know that?" they did however mention that somebody else called regarding it as well.

This will be number 3!
What's with the no loaner
Old 07-02-2004, 07:24 AM
War Eagle!!!

no idea...My dealership is probably thinking I'm blowing smoke up their ass because of my tranny and that there's no recall. I'm calling them this morning again about a loaner, I'm not going to be without a car for a week because of the manufacturer's defect.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:52 AM
M to da DZ

That really sucks dude. I hope your tranny troubles get resolved between the new tranny and the recall.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:37 PM
War Eagle!!!

Update on Recall Repair Status:

Service Manager called me at about 11:30, said he had orderd a new tranny for me. Included with this is the oil jets recall. Said it will be ready by friday july 9th.

He also had a car ready for me:

and a nice loaner agreement:

which is new to me, normally they copy my license and toss me a set of keys to a TL-P.

RSX is a fun car, not too hip on the red lighting inside, with the gauges and everything, but it's a really fun car to drive. I noticed that the 5 speed sport-shift doesn't work like the CL, you actually have to shift out of 1st, which is fun because you can use all of first gear without trying...or maybe that's not so fun for your passengers...anyway, you can also start in second with the sport shift, in the CL you can't upshift into second at a dead stop...well, unless you have the 6speed...ANYWAY, it's a fun car as I've said before, but it is clearly not a CL. besides the fact that it's a 4cyl, it's lighter, LOUDER (including road noise, tire hum, etc.), it's a hell of alot rougher on your butt, and it's really cramped inside. (the CL always surprises me how big it actually is inside, and has AMPLE storage) I do however like the way the sunroof is as big as it appears, because it lifts up and retracts on top of the roof of the car, not into the roof. It looks bad I'm sure from the outside, but it's nice to be able to use a sunroof for sun and not for looking through glass like we have to with the CL and it's 6" of sunroof...

as always, just my

edited so I don't offend any happy RSX owners!