Question on New tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Got DEP???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question on New tranny

Ok, after 70k+ miles, I have had no problems with the transmission! Granted, I bought the car used at 54k, but I still haven't had any problems... Well, I am in New England and it gets pretty cold up here in the winter (today was 2 degrees). Well, anyways, the beginning of the winter (around 80k miles) my transmission started slipping and I thought it might have been due to the cold weather and the fact that it was coming up on a transmission fluid drain/refill. I got the service done at the dealership, and after that the transmission seemed to start slipping more. I called Acura and let them know about my issue. I made an appointment (which was for today) and yesterday (the day before the appointment) my car really started to get bad! The transmission would slip, not only going into every gear, but it also started slipping during normal cruising operations. I have never seen it just start slipping while doing 80 in 3rd gear! Well, I brought it in today being a little worried that since it was always worse on cold days, the car would be to warm when I got there. Fortunately for me it was only 8 degrees outside when I got there. I let them test drive it, they came back and said "We are putting in a NEW transmission". (Yeah, I thought) They said it will be ready in two days, so it is good that I don't have to wait very long. Unfortunately, today I also had them cut a spare key (only cost $34.xx with programming) as well as a valet key. I checked the spare key and it worked fine. I left the valet key for them, so that I didn't have to empty my trunk. I then received a voice mail several hours later that was for me to bring back a "GOOD" key. The tool bag that had cut my valet key didn't program it!!! Anyways, long story shorter than I am making it...

Has anyone here had their 01 auto transmission replaced in such a short time which was NOT refurbished? I was just curious if anyone knows if Acura puts in refurbished transmissions or if they always replace with new. Sorry for the elongated post...

BTW...

The dealership got me a rental car... A Chrysler 300.

After driving this car, I have come to the conclusion (once again ) that, even with an V6 3.5, it never matters what the size of the engine is, it's definitely the technology behind the engineering!!!

This car feels to me like a station wagon, and also has so much body roll, that when I was taking a (stay to the right type) exit off the highway (slight curve, right then left) the car actually had me feeling nervous at 60 mph, when I normally do about 85 mph on this exit with my CL. Just goes to show you that the CL is a good handling car, even after 5 years!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Got DEP???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, once again the admin of this site has rules against me correcting my shit if it takes to long :-/
anways, here ate a few changes...

...Fortunately for me it was only 8 degrees outside when I got there. I let them test drive it, they came back and said "We are putting in a NEW transmission". (Yeah, I thought, how lucky was I that they extended the warranty to 100k!!! I thought that they would just play games until I hit 100k, since I am already at 89k+, and tell me that "It's to bad, you have already passed your warranty!") BUT...

...The tool bag that had cut my valet key didn't program it!!! The service rep said that they were going to send it to the place today (Feb 27th) instead of tomorrow, except the key situation... Anyways, long story shorter than I am making it...

Has anyone here had their 01 auto transmission replaced in such a short time which was NOT refurbished? I was just curious if anyone knows if Acura puts in refurbished transmissions or if they always replace with new. Sorry for the elongated post...