New Spin on Failed Transmission....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 05:27 AM
How much for the Redhead?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Spin on Failed Transmission....

.... or at least I don't see anyone having this happen to them... yet....

Driving home from work, no indication of any problem whatsoever, shut car off to go get my mail, went to start car and nothing happened, nothing, no response... 40,831 miles

A quick look at the battery and everything is intact, green light good on battery, etc.

Called Ack Roadside, gave me a jump. Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree... VSA, Eng, D5 Blinking, and that triangle exclamation point light all on, plus stereo asking for CODE. Engine sat and idled no problem and responded to pressing on the accelerator.

Roadside followed me to my apt and that's where I noticed the trans slipping, never noticed it before. I could literally floor it and very little would happen, very little forward momentum.

In any event, Roadside towed it to "Club Acura" and I await the Service Dept. call, hopefully will get some sort of loaner.

I know a lot of you have been through this already, but it's really sad to see the Ack getting towed away. I've owed quite a few Honda products through the years and this is the first one that has failed. I do a lot of the servicing myself, except for the trans service which I did at the dealer...

I do compliment Ack Roadside Assist though, they did a great job, I thought. Now, it's up to my dealer, Fountain Acura let's see what happens... thinking as much as I like having the auto, it may be time to go back to a manual again... never any problems with those!

BTW, gal at work here with same car, now on third trans at 65K..

My best to everyone
Old 11-05-2003, 06:19 AM
How much for the Redhead?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update - Not the Tranny

Believe it or not, the dealer replaced my battery and said car checked out ok.... no codes, no slip, no power loss.... she said something about the altenator sucking the power from the engine causing it to lose performance, no leaks around the tranny to be found, no wierd shifts....

Have had the car for about a week now, and no problems... if anything it even seems to run better now... no wierd shifts, no nothing... great performance!

So the Original Tranny on my PDG 2001 continues to live on, with exactly one year left on payments.

Good luck to all.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PDG gets better "gears"

robbra.........I think the paint is better on the Sundance Gold for one thing since our 2001 PDG has yet to flake or really chip. Who knows, the tranny and everything else may be better as well?? After all, there were only 900 of these "introductory models" made and presumably Acura wanted their best foot forward! Glad it all worked out for you. We have 34K and so far no problems, squeaks or rattles!!