Legal Action??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:48 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legal Action??

Heres my basics to start..
01 CL-S Bought used Certified 100K warranty with 25,000K on it

Longer story short, I am now waiting to get my car back. The 3rd Transmission is being installed after hassling back and forth with the Dealership AND Acura Clilent Services. I told Acura Client services I did not want my car whatsoever. I was told that my case would be put through to good will assistance ( fair trade or buy back through acura) once they got a diagnostic of what was wrong with my transmission, for this 3rd time. Acura Client Services was EXTREMELY nice and helpful and all seemed like it was going well. I was told to take my car and get a diagnostic done to see if error codes showed up. NONE showed up (surprise), but i still told them that my car had downshifted into 2nd gear when I was on the interstate at 70mph (i didnt wreck, but the car behind me shit there pants). They acted like I was full of shit. Sooo, they drove it for a weeek, FINALLY they got my car to dupicate the "known downshift". I called Acura Client Services and told them what had happened and Makeba Mims, my case coordinator, who had been extremelhy nice in the past basically tells me that whoever mentioned the good will assistance was wrong. I tell her that I refuse to take the loss on my car (Carfax will show that it has 3 transmissions, plus other problems), and that I will do what it takes to get out of this car, with me coming out even. I tell her I will start a class action lawsuit and have every capabiliity of doing so. Her tone changed drastically. She then says, Sir, Acuras only obligation is to fix your vehicle, end of story. Basically saying, im sorry sir, your fucked. So now im waiting to get my piece of shit, which use to be my pride and joy, out of the shop. Oh yeah, I paid cash for my car, so im double fucked. ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON LAWSUITS, CLASS ACTION OR OTHERWISE? HAS ANYONE TRIED TO SUE ACURA OR TRY TO GET THERE CAR TRADED OUT?? IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP START A CLASS ACTION SUIT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THAT BITCH AT ACURA CLIENT SERVICES IS GOING DOWN.... TYPEACURACLS@AOL.COM
Old 01-08-2004, 03:40 AM
10th Gear

Copied this off of the site where I registered my complaint -
If you know of anyone else with a similar complaint, please encourage them to register it at www.BigClassAction.com.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:57 AM
5th Gear

I had the same exact problem, almost to a tee. I filed w/ the BBB and went through arbitration. Acura was forced to replace the car. I demanded a six speed, and the BBB agreed with me making them either give me a new 6 speed or refund 100% of my out of pocket expense, including taxes, and licence plates. Acura treated me like I was a liar throughout the whole ordeal. Oh well who is laughing now.

Afterburner
Old 01-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Burning Brakes

That's funny Afterburner, I just finished w/ my case w/ the BBB and the only thing BBB said was that I could get into a new TL for my TL-S plus $11K of my own cash. They didn't force acura to do ANYTHING... how many tranny's did you go thru??

ComptechS... i spoke w/ probably the same lady, and she told me the same thing, "Acura is not obligated to buy back your car, end of story."

BBB did jack shit for me, of course I'm only on my third tranny, so I haven't officially hit tranny number 4. I didn't qualify for Illinois lemon law yet.