The latest member...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 06:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest member...

Driving on Route 9 north at 60mph, check engine light goes on, and tachometer slowly rising until eventually it is at 6000RPM going 60mph on cruise control.
~34000 miles.
I call roadside assistance at 11:45PM, at 2AM they call back and say they will have a truck out by me within an hour, at 3:30 they say 1.5 hours, at 5:00 they say 3 hours. I just called the cops and had them tow it away, and now i'm home posting (being pissed about these dumb fuck acura people who think it was ok for me to wait 5 hours, and expected me to wait 3 more).
Any advise on making sure acura doesnt dick around with me about replacing this? I've taken my car to Park Ave Acura (per many members recommendations here), but the last few times I went there, honestly, the service SUCKED! they nickle and dimed me on everything, and didn't even clean the damn car. Not to mention that i drive out to the middle of nowhere where they are and have navigation helping me on the way there, then i pick up either a POS contour or an abused integra (one time it had a blown drivers side speaker, other time check engine light was on). It isnt right to bring in a nice CL-S, and to take out a POS that doesnt even have leather seats. My dad has a M-B E430, he brings the car in for service, they give him a E430. I bring in a CL-S, I would be happy with a RSX, TL, TL-S, CL, CL-S, RL, MDX, ANYTHING other than an *OLD* Bottom of the line integra. And then I have to navigate my own way back and hope for the best, since their car doesnt have navigation.
Old 04-27-2002, 12:22 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The latest member...

Originally posted by winter
Driving on Route 9 north at 60mph, check engine light goes on, and tachometer slowly rising until eventually it is at 6000RPM going 60mph on cruise control.
~34000 miles.
I call roadside assistance at 11:45PM, at 2AM they call back and say they will have a truck out by me within an hour, at 3:30 they say 1.5 hours, at 5:00 they say 3 hours. I just called the cops and had them tow it away, and now i'm home posting (being pissed about these dumb fuck acura people who think it was ok for me to wait 5 hours, and expected me to wait 3 more).
I kind of wonder about their Customer Care. Just PR/Marketing B.S. ??
Your not the first one I've heard complain about poor "Roadside Service" .
I think I may just keep my AAA membership.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: The latest member...

Originally posted by cnatra

I kind of wonder about their Customer Care. Just PR/Marketing B.S. ??
Your not the first one I've heard complain about poor "Roadside Service" .
I think I may just keep my AAA membership.

Keep the AAA membership. I have been an AAA member for years and they actualy show up.

I called the "Roadside Service" number one night on speakerphone (just to see what I might expect). What a surprise! I was on hold for 2 hours with no answer. I was glad I was not in my car without AAA.

There was a magazine article about this and they said the “Acura Roadside Service” was good – I would disagree based on my one-time test. AAA has never left me hanging for 2 or more hours.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Re: The latest member...

~34000 miles.
Any advise on making sure acura doesnt dick around with me about replacing this? I've taken my car to Park Ave Acura (per many members recommendations here), but the last few times I went there, honestly, the service SUCKED! they nickle and dimed me on everything, and didn't even clean the damn car. Not to mention that i drive out to the middle of nowhere where they are and have navigation helping me on the way there, then i pick up either a POS contour or an abused integra (one time it had a blown drivers side speaker, other time check engine light was on). It isnt right to bring in a nice CL-S, and to take out a POS that doesnt even have leather seats. My dad has a M-B E430, he brings the car in for service, they give him a E430. I bring in a CL-S, I would be happy with a RSX, TL, TL-S, CL, CL-S, RL, MDX, ANYTHING other than an *OLD* Bottom of the line integra. And then I have to navigate my own way back and hope for the best, since their car doesnt have navigation.

Sucks your transmission went but I don't understand why you are complaining about PAA service. It is absolutely fantastic. PAA can't wash cars anymore because of the water restrictions that have been put on them by the state of NJ. PAA offers loaners as complimentry service. They don't have too but they do. You are complaining about getting something for free??????? I undstand your frustration with Road Side Service but totally disagree with you on your criticisms of PAA.

They day i went last friday some guy dropped of an NSX. He drove away in a contour. It happens.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:51 PM
'Cooter

Re: Re: The latest member...

Originally posted by Zapata

Sucks your transmission went but I don't understand why you are complaining about PAA service. It is absolutely fantastic. PAA can't wash cars anymore because of the water restrictions that have been put on them by the state of NJ. PAA offers loaners as complimentry service. They don't have too but they do. You are complaining about getting something for free??????? I undstand your frustration with Road Side Service but totally disagree with you on your criticisms of PAA.

They day i went last friday some guy dropped of an NSX. He drove away in a contour. It happens.

seriously, winter, y r u dragging PAA in the mud for tranny problems/Roadside Assistance??? Zapata's right...just getting a car is better than nothing...even tho when my folks bring in their '93 Infiniti G20 for service and get an I30 loaner, that doesn't make Infiniti any better a service dep't than PAA...it's a luxury u get a loaner...PAA bends over backwards for us...i can rattle off about 10 people right now where they've gone above and beyond what other service dep't would do for its customers...we spend big $$ at PAA b/c we get big service.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:38 AM
10th Gear

My problem with PAA is that when I went there I really felt as if I was being nickle and dimed, Being charged for things that should have been covered under warranty, and was told more than once that things I complained about that they didn't notice them on the test drive or whatever, and I was able to duplicate it for the service person in the parking lot, and told "so make another apointment and come back". I don't have the time to dick around with bringing the car in to service again and again just because someone didn't feel like reading the damn complaint form.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

My problem with PAA is that when I went there I really felt as if I was being nickle and dimed, Being charged for things that should have been covered under warranty, and was told more than once that things I complained about that they didn't notice them on the test drive or whatever, and I was able to duplicate it for the service person in the parking lot, and told "so make another apointment and come back". I don't have the time to dick around with bringing the car in to service again and again just because someone didn't feel like reading the damn complaint form.
Winter,
No Service is ever perfect!

However I believe that PAA is an exception due to the number of people including Zapata and Scooter that have raved about their "good service" and people= Jens and Wayne- I would consider "weather" or not its just you being frustrated w/ having probs with your tranny or bad service. I mean I would be upset to man, but sometimes you have take step back and clear your head.