Just hopped in the tranny bandwagon!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 10:37 AM
boo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just hopped in the tranny bandwagon!

Hi guys. I know this is a CL forum but I have a TL. Much of the problems I've read thru are the same.

My warranty just expired at 60K (It is a 99 TL) and the car is at Acura right now. They tell me that tranny is backordered from Japan and it is gonna take 3 weeks.

The driving style is moderate and not heavy footed at all. By the way I bought it for my mother.

But Thank God Acura is replacing it free of charge at this point. Im not sure what Im going to do now. I hear people swapped tranny's 2-3 times now and it doesnt sound like its a solution.

Is Acura going to warranty the new tranny for a certain amount of miles or time again after they swap in th 2nd one? Anyone experienced this? My warranty is gone so Im not sure what to do.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Re: Just hopped in the tranny bandwagon!

Originally posted by benzo555
Hi guys. I know this is a CL forum but I have a TL. Much of the problems I've read thru are the same.

My warranty just expired at 60K (It is a 99 TL) and the car is at Acura right now. They tell me that tranny is backordered from Japan and it is gonna take 3 weeks.

The driving style is moderate and not heavy footed at all. By the way I bought it for my mother.

But Thank God Acura is replacing it free of charge at this point. Im not sure what Im going to do now. I hear people swapped tranny's 2-3 times now and it doesnt sound like its a solution.

Is Acura going to warranty the new tranny for a certain amount of miles or time again after they swap in th 2nd one? Anyone experienced this? My warranty is gone so Im not sure what to do.
I doubt you will get 50K miles coverage on your new transmission. But I am sure you will get at least 1year or 12K miles coverage ( this is a standard coverage every auto repair gives on any repair done ).

Glad to hear they are doing it for free, did you have to argue a lot to get it for free?
Did you have a long well established relationship with this Acura dealer? Did you take your car for all the serivice in that dealership?
Old 09-13-2002, 08:13 PM
boo

It was rather odd.. Acura dealership did not argue at all. But they gave me a crappy cavalier for a rental for free.. Im in Houston TX and the dealer used to be Acura Southwest.. but recently they changed ownership to Sterling McCall Acura.

Well I bought the car used from there and all the maintenance and stuff was done there. But then again I bought my Integra GSR sedan from there too so.. who knows.

Time to get extended warranty I guess....
Old 09-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Instructor

When tranny broke on my TL-S, my dealer gave me a Dodge Stratus rental. That sucked. But I guess a Cavalier sucks even more.

I can't believe this. My friend takes his used '98 Q45 to his dealer for maintenance and gets a 2002 I35 as a loaner, FOR A FEW DAYS! We take our Acuras in and get Cavaliers, Stratuses and Contours.

I think this is my last Acura. I chose Acura because of promised quality and TLC. Where are they?