I Have Completely lost ALL faith in PAA and Acura as a whole...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 06:21 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
Thumbs down I Have Completely lost ALL faith in PAA and Acura as a whole...

So this whole thing started about 3 1/2 weeks ago.

I was on my original tranny and I started to feel slight slipping and gear sticking so I decided to take it in to PAA before it got worse. Took it in and the service rep told me that they were replacing the tranny and it would take about a week. Fine.

A week later I pick it up and it feels fine for about a day. The next day I feel slipping again and jerking. I ignore it for about a week but finally take it back because I cant take it anymore. Speak with the same rep and gives me the ol "Oh we are so sorry, we'll take care of it ASAP". Then he starts blaming Acura for their shitty trannies and how it is really their fault yadda yadda but I don't want to hear it.

After about 3 days (This past Friday) I call for a follow up and he tells me that the car is driving fine and he didn't feel anything wrong but he is going to put another "NEW" tranny in to be nice. I agreed and was stuck again with a shitty neon for a week.

Thursday comes and I call to follow up and he says "The tranny hasn't arrived yet, the snow storm slowed down deliveries yadda yadda" so I said fine just call me when it is ready then.

Miraculously only ONE short day later (Yesterday afternoon) he calls me all excited telling me "WILLDOGS your car is ready !! Come pick it up!! " NOw I am thinking to myself how come yesterday he was waiting on the tranny to be delivered and today it is ready? Whatever fine.

I get there at about 5pm last night and pick up my car. He is all smiles and says I am all set. Wished him a good weekend and drove away. Not even 1 fucking mile goes by as I am driving and I felt a slight slip. I ignored it thinking this cannot be! Kept driving and everything was fine.

Later that night I am driving my girlfriend back home at around 11pm and it starts fucking slipping. BAD. Worse than ever. I am so pissed at this point but I keep driving. All of a sudden BLAM! Gear drops to second and the Check engine light comes on along with the Traction Control lights. I start screaming every curse in the book. Not only that, it started to stall at traffic lights! the RPM started to jump everytime I was at Idle and would stall out. Seems like there is not enough fuel pressure at idle. Figures since they supposedly replaced my FPR as well.

Seems like every tranny they give my is 10x worse than the previous one.

Now it is 7:20 AM and I am heading back over to PAA in a few minutes to drop it off again. # fucking trannies in 3 Weeks. Can you believe it? I wonder what excuses I will get this time.

This is the absolut last time I am going to PAA. At first they used to be good, but their quality has been dropping fast. I used to think they were the best dealer service ever, now I think they are on par with every other dealership out there. They no longer stand out above the rest in my eyes. I am not only basing this on my tranny issue visits, but my last few visits for other misc. things have been shitty. I cannot wait for my Acura survey to arrive.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:35 AM
1-2-3-4-5-6-speeeeeed!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the 6-speed!
Old 01-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Rollin'... White 2 seater

Paa

Damn bro, that crazy and the weather up in the Tri State is bad, so tranny failure could kill you at the wrong intersection. Thank God for you continued saftey and try not to be so upset Willdogs, something things just happen to us and not because of us. i hope they get the issues fixed this time, but dang I am so scared of my Ack now it makes no sense.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you need to go to a different dealer. Also, no Acura dealer should give a Neon as a loaner car. That, in itself, is complete BS.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:11 AM
I shave my change purse

Originally Posted by CLASSYCLS
get the 6-speed!
Dude, I want it so bad but no one has even showed any interest in my car and if I just take it to a car cash type place they will give me no more than 12k and i currently owe 15k on the car.

I may just take the 3k hit before this dude sells the 6speed.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:13 AM
I shave my change purse

Originally Posted by phipark
Sounds like you need to go to a different dealer. Also, no Acura dealer should give a Neon as a loaner car. That, in itself, is complete BS.
Well it wasnt a "Loaner" per se

It was an enterprise rental and they claim that is all they had. PAA states that they dont give acura loaners for tranny repairs cause it takes to long. Loaners are for 1-2 day jobs, anything longer gets a rental.

At least today they gave me a nice Volvo S60 Rental. Drives nice and only has 4k mi on it.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I shave my change purse

Well I just got back and I sort of came at them the wrong way cause I am so upset so I realized that I needed to calm down in order for them to help me out properly. So I took a deep breath and started over nicely. The guy then said he would test drive it with me and he was completly shocked that it is fucked again after less than 24hrs.

There are no techs there today so it will have to sit there till monday, but they claim this is the first time that the same car has had 3 trannies in 3 weeks. They said they are going to do other tests etc....since this is not a normal thing going on here. All of the guys in the place were amazed that I was on my second dead tranny and they all started trying to figure out what it could be out loud. They are wondering if something else in my car is screwing the new trannies? They said it is almost impossible to have two bad replacements. One maybe but not two.

Oh well i'll find out more next week.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Pro

Sounds like there may be something other than the internals of the tranny at play here although several others have posted that there 2nd tranny failed w/i 100 miles. This tranny issue gets more puzzling every day.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Word, they changed mine and didn't really have to, now its crisp and I have no problem. PAA is really a good place, just have to let them find out the Prob, one of the only places round here who do warranty work to modified cars. Buuuut, try another dealer, just for trouble shooting. It might be an axle thing, or something connected to the tranny thats causing it. I'm sure they have done hundreds of trannies, and you never hear about 3 going bad back to back. Its a wonder how Acura and the dealers make any money with all this shit going on.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Not Asian

Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Well I just got back and I sort of came at them the wrong way cause I am so upset so I realized that I needed to calm down in order for them to help me out properly. So I took a deep breath and started over nicely. The guy then said he would test drive it with me and he was completly shocked that it is fucked again after less than 24hrs.

There are no techs there today so it will have to sit there till monday, but they claim this is the first time that the same car has had 3 trannies in 3 weeks. They said they are going to do other tests etc....since this is not a normal thing going on here. All of the guys in the place were amazed that I was on my second dead tranny and they all started trying to figure out what it could be out loud. They are wondering if something else in my car is screwing the new trannies? They said it is almost impossible to have two bad replacements. One maybe but not two.

Oh well i'll find out more next week.
At least they are starting to side with you. That sounds like goo service to me and you just have a little streak of bad luck going.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I shave my change purse

Yup we'll see.

On a side note I really didn't sleep last night and it really shows when I go back and re-read my posts lol

I'm going to take a nap now and maybe I will make sense when I get back.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Good luck with this next one. How come it takes them so long to replace the tranny? when i had mine done here in allentown, it only took them 2 days to get the tranny delivered to the dealership, and one day to put it in. anyway, hope this time they take care of it.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Doesn't it suck, being emotionally attatched to a machine. I don't know what I will do once the day comes where the good ole CL will croak...
Old 01-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Banned

Anything past 1 or 2 days, gets me a 04-05 TL, a neon thats fucked up

WILLDOGS, i hate to say it, but down the road your car is not going to increase in Value, If you really want the 6speed take the 3K hit and purchase it before its gone, yeah i know easer to say it.

And your Acura survey, you think someone is going to care and call you...come on

01-02 CLS are selling at the dealer here in SFLA for 14K-17K depending on miles, 12K dont sound bad (yes i know u owe more and your mods etc) for a CL-P.....

Just Do it........
Old 01-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i hear that about nobody wanting this car. I found an 03 CLS Anthracite with nav with only 31k in town for $16,500. The six-speeds i've found are around 19k.

i like the car, but I really wish I would have gotten a TL or something else
Old 01-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Maybe its the tech installing your tranny? I mean PAA is supposed to be good, but one bad tech installing the tranny could be your culprit.

I'm not an expert on the tranny installs, but I know enough that a bad seal with the tranny could cause fluid leak which would cause massive slipping. Could be something else too though ...

Lets hope tranny #3 is installed by their senior mechanic or something. If it still fails, I'd say bring it to another dealer.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:00 AM
///M POWER

damn thats terrible, i just got my 2nd tranny and its been a-ok so far
Old 01-30-2005, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Well it wasnt a "Loaner" per se

It was an enterprise rental and they claim that is all they had. PAA states that they dont give acura loaners for tranny repairs cause it takes to long. Loaners are for 1-2 day jobs, anything longer gets a rental.

At least today they gave me a nice Volvo S60 Rental. Drives nice and only has 4k mi on it.
thats not true, my dealership gave me a 04 TSX since they are replacing my engine, so far it's been 2 weeks that i have the loaner, and most likely will be at least another week if not more
Old 01-30-2005, 11:31 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
over 20k on my second trans...Still gets a second gear chirpy!
Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Sold but not Forgotten...

Sorry to hear that dude... Exact same thing happened to me.. So far so good.. Driven 2K so far on the tranny, and felt the odd slip... If it goes down one more time, I ain't keeping it... I love the car, but the POS tranny is a serious drain... Best of luck with the fix...
Old 01-31-2005, 06:05 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by darrinb
damn thats terrible, i just got my 2nd tranny and its been a-ok so far
Where did you get it done at, Darrin? Suburban?

I don't think I'll go to Acura of Troy if my transmission went out. I don't think they like me or my car there.

Anyway, just asking, because I just don't want to get stuck with a broken transmission because of my mods.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:06 AM
I shave my change purse

UPDATE

I just called him and he said "Your car is almost ready!" I said no can't be. He said yes that it seems like my battery was kind of low and it was causing the computer to act up and throw codes.

He said that a simple battery change is all it needed.

Is he blowing smoke up my ass? Someone please help me out here. I told him he better be 110% sure cause I am not going to deal with more issues after this visit and he said "I hear ya big man, i got your back. I'll drive it myself to be sure"