Help: Meeting w/ Acura Advisor regarding Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 02:03 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: Meeting w/ Acura Advisor regarding Transmission

Hey Guys,

I'm suppose to have a meeting with the Acura Advisor for the North Texas area. My transmission got replaced 2 weeks ago (21000 miles, 1 yr old, '01 CL Type S)). I complained about the quality of the car (there were more warrantie items). And it seems they wanna look at it.

I need some advise on what to say, and a way to get a new car.

JWK4

'01 CL-S, silver, 9 warranty items so far. 2 unresolved.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:05 PM
2nd Gear

I cannot tell you exactly what to say but I can share my experience with you. My vehicle has been back to Acura 3 times since I purchased the vehicle in Jan for a warranty related problem, the check engine and VSA light kept coming on while driving the car especially in SS. Rather then boring you with the details it each service visit I will tell you that the 3rd time the vehicle was in for service the dealer had the vehicle for over 30 days before they found the problem and returned the vehicle to me. Acura actually picked the vehicle up as well as delivered it back to me once the repairs where made; during that time frame they provided me with a loaner and once the repairs were made offered me the following........ All required maintence for the duration of my lease, any accessory I want installed on my car at no cost, credit for the payments I made while my vehicle was in for repairs as well as the assurance that if the problem occurs again or I'm not satisified with the current repairs they will put me into the CL-S of my choice at no cost to me. I think this is fair and what I expect from a quality company like Acura. Sure I was inconvienced by the problem however I treated the dealer, the service managers and techs with respect and told them to take their time finding the problem. I did not harass them, get angry with them or abuse them in any manner and when they finally repaired my vehicle they each thanked me for being so patient with them and specifically told me that because of the way I conducted myself and the manner in which I treated them that they wanted to compensate me for making their life easier.

So you may want to try and take an easy going approach, letting them know that you realize problems can occur and give them an opportunity to resolve the problems and see what happens. I would laso advise you to obtain the laws in your state regarding the lemon law so that if you need to eventually go that route you will know the procedures.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:56 AM
6th Gear

Problem solved

Tuesday I met with the Acura rep. He was not trying to be the a-hole manufacturer and therefore I was willing to work with him. Result: 100,000/7yr ext warranty, $1500 accessories and repair of a couple of items, that been bugging me since day 1 (nothing really major).
Pickup up the car last Saturday, and the doors wouldn't lock.
My car is still at the dealership.

Ah well, I'll shouldn't complain (yet!!)

jwk4
Old 06-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Problem solved

Originally posted by jwk4
Tuesday I met with the Acura rep. He was not trying to be the a-hole manufacturer and therefore I was willing to work with him. Result: 100,000/7yr ext warranty, $1500 accessories and repair of a couple of items, that been bugging me since day 1 (nothing really major).
Pickup up the car last Saturday, and the doors wouldn't lock.
My car is still at the dealership.
Ah well, I'll shouldn't complain (yet!!)
jwk4
So what's this guys name & number??

Does he only deal with North Texas ?
Old 06-05-2002, 03:43 PM
6th Gear

The guy's name is Steve Sanders. When you call the 1-800 number for Acura (1 800 4 a Acura, I believe). You can ask for him or file a complaint thru the customer service person.

I have my car back, (they replaced 3 multiplexers). And everything is working fine.

Hopefully that will be the last of it.

Let me know if you need more help, or if you decide to contact me personally.

jwk4
Old 06-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! I may be giving them/him a call.

I was at one Gillman today to get the IMRC replaced & have the transmission looked at. I was very dissappointed in their initial response. I had basicly connected all the dots for them on the IMRC. I had printed out the FAQ pics & info. I had a copy of D73's recent service receipt when he got his replaced & my CL Service Manual. He still seemed skeptical. Looked at me like I'd been smoking something. Are these guys afraid of/embarresed by informed customers. I know he's just a service advisor & not a Tech but he didn't have a clue about the IMRC.
He had us take a test drive for the transmission & the IMRC.
I tried to explain to him it was easier to show him under the hood the IMRC .... I finally did that when we got back.

Anyway the transmission started slipping last Thursday.
Then on Saturday it was slipping all over the place. On Sunday a few times. Nothing bad on Mon/Tues but then on the way to the dealer this morning it happened again. It was slippping & then locked in 2nd gear. I had to pull over to the shoulder put the car in neutral & then go back into D5 to get it going again.
So we take the "test" drive. When we leave the lot I'm in D4 & he asks if I use D4 often. I say yes, D4 & D3 for most in town driving & D5 on freeway/highway.
We drive around for 10-15mins from 0-80mph in D3,D4,D5 & of course Nothing happens. So he says unless the problem can be duplicated there is nothing they can do!
He then asks why I never used SS mode. I tell him this is my first automatic & I got it because of traffic in Houston etc. & I'm older & lazier & tired of shifting gears a lot. So I got an auto!

I just didn't care for the attitude. I think I'm heading to John Eagle next.

I'm pissed because we're taking a 2 week road trip to CO this summer & I don't want the frigging transmission to take a dump while I'm in the middle of my vacation!!! :angry:
Old 06-05-2002, 04:28 PM
6th Gear

If the tranny slips, it will be shortly after before it breaks down completely. I had the same symptoms!!!!!!

Don't get yourself screwed by the dealer this way.

JWK4