First tranny went down today

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First tranny went down today

Well I was kinda hopin it would go out before too many miles were on it. 75,000mi and it finally is gone. It hasnt been confirmed yet but I'm pretty sure. I was drivin down the road and when I went to pass someone my cars rpm's shot up, I tried to kick it down again and the same thing happened. So I pulled into a big parking lot and turned the car off and called Fort Wayne Acura, they told me they would send a tow truck out ( 2 hours away) Oh and get this they dont have a car for me to drive , so now I have to rent a car. I turned the car back on after I called them and tried to drive it a little, no major rpm's being thrown but a little slippage Tell me what you guys think about the whole situation. Is the tranny dead, do u think they should give me a car to drive( I mean come on a whole dealaership with no lend out cars! ) ????
Old 06-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Pro

oh crap I'm at 74,900...sh*t.

They should pay for your rental...thats bull they don't have any loaners.

Good luck...let us know how it goes.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Well...it's kinda fast...

Unfortunately, the complimentary loaner car is just a courtesy, but is NOT required to be offered. Still wouldn't hurt to pitch a bitch, though...couldn't hurt.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:44 AM
P.

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yea its def the tranny giving out. When you go to Acura to drop the car off, or if its already at the dealership, tell them you need a loaner car. I had my tranny replaced and no questions were asked, I just called the dealership and told them my VIN number, and they told me my car was covered, then requested a loaner, and that was a rap.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 3.2quadCLS
Well I was kinda hopin it would go out before too many miles were on it. 75,000mi and it finally is gone. It hasnt been confirmed yet but I'm pretty sure. I was drivin down the road and when I went to pass someone my cars rpm's shot up, I tried to kick it down again and the same thing happened. So I pulled into a big parking lot and turned the car off and called Fort Wayne Acura, they told me they would send a tow truck out ( 2 hours away) Oh and get this they dont have a car for me to drive , so now I have to rent a car. I turned the car back on after I called them and tried to drive it a little, no major rpm's being thrown but a little slippage Tell me what you guys think about the whole situation. Is the tranny dead, do u think they should give me a car to drive( I mean come on a whole dealaership with no lend out cars! ) ????

Transmission sounds like its gone... mine (5 now?) have always gone like that. It will give you warning signs (slippage etc) then some days it will be ok, then eventually it completely goes.

I can't believe they won't give you a Loaner, I believe that it is Acura corporate policy to give free Loaners for all work done under the standard warranty. Complain to the service manager and if they still won't give you a loaner call Acura corporate HQ.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to Acura Corporate its a courtesy not a given that a loaner will be given for warranty work.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Got DEP???

Ok, the thing with the loaner cars...
Acura gives a loaner car as a courtesy as already stated. In order for them to give you a loaner they need to have an available one. Sometimes they have them reserved out for future work that will be done.

On that note, I will tell you this about Acura...
Acura will give you a rental car if no loaner car is available. They cover the cost of the rental, but the insurances and etc... are out of your pocket.
You will have no problem getting a rental that is paid by Acura, so don't let them leave you hanging and tell you that they can't give you anything.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:39 AM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,098 Posts
Definitely sounds like your tranny going out. Mine went at 75k miles too. They gave me a rental Taurus the day I dropped it off, but once they determined it was the tranny and was covered under the 109k mile warranty, they hooked me up with a new TL loaner. Sucks they don't have loaner cars. Too late to try another dealership I guess, huh?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169
Definitely sounds like your tranny going out. Mine went at 75k miles too. They gave me a rental Taurus the day I dropped it off, but once they determined it was the tranny and was covered under the 109k mile warranty, they hooked me up with a new TL loaner. Sucks they don't have loaner cars. Too late to try another dealership I guess, huh?
they do have loaners, its just that they are all out of them till next week. The next closest acura dealership is in chicago, but your right its a little to late for that tried to get a rental through my insurance company (AAA) at hertz and still not much of a break. how long does it usually take to replace the tranny? they said the tranny would be there on friday but that means they still have to put it in looks like I'm acuraless for at least a week
Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Got DEP???

It took them less than three days to do mine, but they have a separate shop down the street that does them for them and they keep them in stock for this reason.

Acura will pay for a rental.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Advanced

will I have to break in the new tranny? If so how many miles?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Got DEP???

I didn't, but it is a good rule of thumb...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Instructor

mine went out as well but they gave me a loaner. As long as they are working on it you should have a loaner car that cost you nothin but gas. My dealership gave me a TSX with tint and a SPOILER!!! WOW!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by D3MTRSPT
mine went out as well but they gave me a loaner. As long as they are working on it you should have a loaner car that cost you nothin but gas. My dealership gave me a TSX with tint and a SPOILER!!! WOW!!!
nope they told me no loaner. I talked to them again today. Maybe they think I'm just some punk ass kid thats going to beat the hell out of it. Like I'd really do something like that!!!