Dealer says "characteristic of the car"

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 09:08 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer says "characteristic of the car"

My '01 CL-S has had the jerking/bucking problems since it hit 2.5K miles. I had the dealer in Charlotte, NC check it out when I took the car in at 7.5K. The tech felt the problem but said it was the torque converter and it is just a characteristic of the car. Nevertheless they told me they had contacted the "tech line" and would call me if they found anything to the contrary out. That was mid-year 2001 and they never called back. I have brought this issue to their attention the 2 other times I have taken the car in but get no satisfaction from the B.S. answers. Also having problems with brake rotors needing resurfacing for the second time at 23.5K, but that is another issue for another forum.....................

Can anyone give me advice on how to either get my dealer to recognize their is a problem or how I can contact Acura to discuss it with them? I do not want the transmission to completely die on me before someone steps up and takes responsibility for what obviously is a fairly wide-spread problem. It is a shame that a car that does such a fine job in performance situations can't handle the stress of everyday driving.

Please help!!!!!

2001 CL-S Black/Black
Old 06-19-2002, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Have you tried another dealer? How about Acura's customer service? Their customer service worked really hard for me when I had a sticky accelerator problem.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:48 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go to www.ahm-ownerlink.com and there is
information there for Acura Client Services1-800-382-2238
this info. should also be with your owners manual stuff.

I had a conversation with a guy there who wasn't much help at all BUT he took down all my information & swore a "case manager" would be calling me in 3 business days or less.

I went round & round with this guy about a couple of problems & was getting no where. He didn't have a supervisor etc. just kind of stonewalled. I then asked for a way to contact a zone/district manager. I gave him the name of a guy for TX & he said he couldn't get me in touch with him & he wouldn't get involved unless a "problem had been elevated to that level".
After I got off the phone with him I was a little:angry:

I tried getting in contact with the North Texas Zone Manager & ended up on the phone with a Manager at a David McDavid Acura in Plano. This guy, Bob Wennerstrom, was great! I had a really good conversation with him & he assured me Acura would address the problem,gave me some good advice with my car, & if I needed more help to contact him(even though this wasn't his problem, not even in same city!) personally.

Anyway to my pleasant surprise this morning I got a call from the service advisor at John Eagle Acura & he had received a FAX from the Acura Customer Care people. Arrangements where made to get the car in today. I did end up using my AAA service though because Acura would only tow the car to the nearest dealer about 20mi away & the dealer I'm taking the car to is 40mi away.

Even though I still have some issues with things, I think it's an excellent idea to use the TLC/Client Services etc. because it's a way to document the problems you may be having & in the long run will make a difference in getting the problem resolved.

IMHO FWIW
Old 07-06-2002, 01:53 AM
5th Gear

similar problem more

hello,
I have a 2001 cls .When the car had ~4k miles whie using brakes had bad vibration as well as car pulling to one side .They resurfaced front rotors and new shoes.A week later same occured this time resurfaced rear rotors.I was experiencing ,if I would brake for a second then accelerate the brake pedal would still vibrate and the car would jerk causing it to go out of the lane .when decelerating as well the car would lunge for lack of better words .I was in an accident as a result of this pulling jerking etc.By the way they checked the tires rims etc but problem still exists.john
Old 07-07-2002, 09:53 AM
Advanced

All,

Found this website this morning while reading the Ford Usenet group. In the past, I have seen instances where websites of this type can be used to pressure manufacturers into taking action. FWIW the link is shown below....

http://ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=22472

QuickSilver
'03 G35