CL owners with tranny issues - call acura customer service

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 08:32 AM
drop em like its hot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL owners with tranny issues - call acura customer service

Hey guys. I recently decided to trade in my CL-S when my THIRD tranny just died, and i just called acura of america customer service to ask them if there was anything that they could do for me in terms of recouping money lost from lower resale value when im going to trade in the vehicle. The guy i talked to said that although that they were well aware of transmission issues of the cl, that i was the first guy to ever call them and tell them that even after a failed transmission has been replaced, that it will fail again. As such i am the first documented case that they have where the replaced transmission does not rectify the transmission problem in the cl. I told them that in no way was i unique in having this problem, and i said that i could have others call in so that they can further document the enormity of the situation. They actually said that they knew about a-cl.com and that they encouraged me to post up the phone number for acura customer support.

people with transmission problems, please call acura Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard time at the toll-free number (800) 382-2238. Have your VIN ready and be prepared to tell them the history of your transmission replacements.

hopefully if enough people call in, we can let them know that we as acura customers have lost a lot of faith in them and that we are giving them a chance to give a serious solution to the problem, and not a band-aid to cover a gaping wound.

thanks.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Racer

I agree, people aren't taking matters into their own hands. I didn't even have my car yet and I had called them asking them all types of questions. The lady that was talking to me was suprised that I knew about the tranny issue and the recall. It's like they don't even know that there are THIS many people with this problem. They think it's a small percentage. She didn't know that there are this many people on their 2nd transmission with problems, and didn't even believe me when I said that there are people on their 3rd WITH PROBLEMS.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:10 AM
drop em like its hot

people please call in... they REALLY do not know the extent of the problem! the dealerships seem to not have relayed the information to acura of america... they really believe that this recall that they have is the solution to the problem.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Rod
Drifting

That really sounds like BS to me. The service reps are just trained to repeat the same crap over and over. HoA has to be aware of the problem...I'm sure they track the VINs of vehicles that have warranty work performed by dealers, especially for something like tranny replacements. They know the extent of the problem, more than any of us do, but will NEVER admit to it for liability reasons.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rod
That really sounds like BS to me. The service reps are just trained to repeat the same crap over and over. HoA has to be aware of the problem...I'm sure they track the VINs of vehicles that have warranty work performed by dealers, especially for something like tranny replacements. They know the extent of the problem, more than any of us do, but will NEVER admit to it for liability reasons.

You might be right but:

It's one thing them knowing and telling us they don't know. They might be reading this, but WE don't know if they're reading it. They can tell us that they don't know anything about all these problems.

It's another thing them knowing, but if we complain to THEM on the phone, and not on the forum, it will look a lot better. That way we know that they KNOW about these problems. There is no excuse for them to tell us they didn't know.

If they received 200 phones calls a day regarding someones transmission being messed up, it's more likely they will do something about it than having 200 people post on here that their tranny is messed up.

So pick up your phone and call...if you have a tranny problem that is. In fact, even if you never had a tranny problem, everyone should call and ask them the question above.

Like he said "and i just called acura of america customer service to ask them if there was anything that they could do for me in terms of recouping money lost from lower resale value when im going to trade in the vehicle."

We're all affected, bad tranny or not. I don't see a BMW 3 Series that was selling 3 years ago for the same price that my Acura was worth sell for $15,000 today. I see a lot of CLs.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Racer

Btw,

has anyone thought about a petition.

I'm sure the list would be pretty long and Acura couldn't just ignore the fact that so many people have problems and that these cars have lost half its value in just a few years time.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:51 AM
drop em like its hot

i've signed several petitions... not sure what good that does.

calling and saying stuff directly to them might be the best bet. so i think there's nothing to lose in calling them up and letting them know, especially if enough of us do it.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally Posted by AmooManiaK
Btw,

has anyone thought about a petition.

I'm sure the list would be pretty long and Acura couldn't just ignore the fact that so many people have problems and that these cars have lost half its value in just a few years time.

You mean this one?

http://www.petitiononline.com/acura/petition.html
Old 07-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Red-CL

yes that one. does acura know about that petition?

Anyway, I'm really starting to think that they don't know about the problem. I just called the Acura 1800 number to schedule a service appointent because the feature on their website doesn't work, and I asked them if they can check out my transmission while checking the rotors and he didn't even know. He took two minutes to find the info on the recall and then he said "oh I see, it seems that there's something wrong with..." If this was such a big issue with them, don't you think that every Acura representative would know about it? My guess is, not too many people have called for them to figure it out.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:53 PM
drop em like its hot

good thing, if someone did not bring the petition to the attention of acura of america, i'll call them tomorrow and let them know of it. went to the dealer today and found out my car is worth at 10K. i am seriously pissed off....