AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL Tires, Wheels, & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-tires-wheels-suspension-54/)
-   -   will i need a camber kit? 18x8.5 +35 (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-tires-wheels-suspension-54/will-i-need-camber-kit-18x8-5-35-a-836249/)

shownfu 10-18-2011 03:10 PM

will i need a camber kit? 18x8.5 +35

I've got some XXR 18x8.5 +35.
2002 CL-S.

No tires yet, but I threw them on to see fitment and it's a bit wide (offset). It's already sticking out of the front fender noticeably. It will rub, but I'm wondering if these cars can be adjusted for enough camber and toe using it's factory equipment so that it won't rub. I'll be rolling too.
Or do I need a camber kit?

Car is just daily driven. No track, no drag, nothing. Just drive to school, work, home, store. etc...

StreetKA 10-18-2011 04:52 PM

Depends on the suspension and drop but most likely yes.

shownfu 10-19-2011 02:11 AM

thanks.
geez. many views but no replies. i guess this is the result of a bunch of high-school kids owning these cars and not having a clue what part goes where.
same thing is happening at nasioc.com as the wrx gets cheaper by the month.
glad i don't own a wrx anymore, nor is the cl-s even mine.

StreetKA 10-19-2011 04:30 AM

I would say wrong section but you are kinda right its getting slow. I'd like to add that fender should be rolled and bumper tabs relocated. I hope it helps.

fsttyms1 10-19-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by shownfu (Post 13308169)
thanks.
geez. many views but no replies. i guess this is the result of a bunch of high-school kids owning these cars and not having a clue what part goes where.

And insulting people isnt a way to get fast responses either

shownfu 10-19-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by fsttyms1 (Post 13308427)
And insulting people isnt a way to get fast responses either

I can't help it if you took it as an insult, it wasn't intended so.

Nice to see you are from Appleton. The car belongs to my younger brother. He's a senior at Menasha High.

Also, yes on the rolling fenders, that's a definite.

Springs are Tein H-techs. Don't know if it's "legit" or not. Car is just thrown together with cheapo parts as it's not going to be a keeper, rather a beater.

p.diddy 10-19-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by fsttyms1 (Post 13308427)
and insulting people isnt a way to get fast responses either

+1

just get a camber kit.

Excelerate 10-20-2011 10:42 AM

I'm not sure whether you will need a front or rear camber kit but INGALLS makes great quality camber kits. Their rear kit is part # 38720 (qty of 2 required). Depending on how much camber you want in the front we have a few different part #s.

eneffex 10-21-2011 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by shownfu (Post 13308169)
thanks.

well ok miss thang, quality over quantity. You want people to reply for the sake of replying?

I'd get a 4w alignment with them on and get the read out, then you can decide whether you'll need a camber kit to pull them within spec, like most my guess is you'll need rear and not front but I'm not sure about offsets as my setup is not aggressive, there are other threads addressing that issue.

civicdrivr 10-22-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by eneffex (Post 13313278)
I'd get a 4w alignment with them on and get the read out, then you can decide whether you'll need a camber kit to pull them within spec, like most my guess is you'll need rear and not front but I'm not sure about offsets as my setup is not aggressive, there are other threads addressing that issue.

This.

The only way to know for sure what you need is to get it on an alignment rack and look at the measurements.

If you can trust a Firestone in your area, they do lifetime alignments. Pay for the first one, see whats wrong, get the correct parts, and go back for free.