What is this? A spring adjuster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is this? A spring adjuster?

Hello...this forum really helped me a lot...thank you all...i tried searching forums but had no luck....

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...003419/c-10101

what is this? I came across this when i was searching...for springs..

I have the illuminas with tein h-techs...the h-tein drop is not low enough for me...i was wondering if this can help...what is this for? if anyone can help...ty very much
Old 09-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Boost sagging springs & restore vehicles to level
Lower rear end for that low-slung look
Raise front end to improve rear wheel traction

Basically you put them inbetween your springs so you can adjust the level of them without buying new springs...a cheapo set up like this isn't worth my dime.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Cruisin'

thanks for your reply....so this will lower your car even for the front springs, not just the back...specified in the ad? does it even work?....seems too good to be true....is this temporary? how would u install this darn thing?....anyone tried this? any feedback is greatly appreciated
Old 09-21-2006, 01:37 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! Well, honestly, I don’t think those are a good idea. Very ghetto. I assume they would work and you could use them on either the front or back, but those look like they could break and they would certainly move around on the spring under extreme compression or the inverse for the piece that raises the height. This thing also looks very dangerous. Just buy the springs you want for 200 and you will sleep better. What if one of them fell off, wow, that would be crazy! That kind of reminds me of when people used to take a blow torch to there springs to knock out a round thus lowering the ride height. I would also think you could cause a spring to fail prematurely or under extreme loads. To answer your question, I think the only way you should lower or raise your Acura is by adjustable coilovers, new springs, or new springs and shocks. You can get springs that will lower/raise the car a predetermined amount. I just got H&R springs for $250 and adjustable Tokico Illumina shocks for $375. I know you can get a nice set nonadjustable shocks for our cars for around $200 and a nice set of springs for around $200. If you do the install yourself, which you can do with a friend, some common sense, and patience, you will have a sweet new suspension for $400. Or you could do just the springs for $200. The DIY(Do It Yourself) instructions for this are here in this thread.

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168436

I will be installing mine in about a week or two. It will be no problem.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Don't use those. They are junk & most break leaving you in a dangerous position if your driving at the time.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Cruisin'

THanks for all your feedback guys....you guys are always great help

I will not get them...probably buy some s-techs instead
Old 09-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Got DEP???

Exclamation

DO NOT BUY!!!

When I was 17 I bought an '85 prelude that was a Canadian model and the springs in the rear were so bad that it bounce like crazy. Well, anyways, I worked in an auto parts store and figured those would be a cheap fix until I had some money to get the new shocks and springs... They didn't make any difference, they fell out quickly (and I torqued the crap out of the locking bolts and they not only could put you in a dangerous position, but the safety of anyone driving around you could be compromised by a flying piece(s) of metal...

Run away from JCWhitney... Run away and don't look back!!!

That place is for old people who need cheap tools/parts for old cars that no one will sell parts for... It’s like a flea market... All Crap for Cheap Prices!!!