Want to LOWERRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 08:29 PM
1st and 2nd Gen. CL'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to LOWERRRRRR

Hey guys. I want to lower my 2001 cls, but aren't sure of what's right for me. I live in a city full of potholes, so I won't be going lower than 2". I saw these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...51929116QQrdZ1

Would these be a good choice with a set of springs. And if so, what springs should I get?

One important thing is that I want to be able to raise it back up when the winter arrives, would this be easily possible with these shocks????

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
3-piece FTW

It's not the shocks you use to raise it up. You'll need coilovers. The only one I know with that combination shock is ground controls. For the money you spend with shocks and coilovers you might as well spend the extra money to get real coilovers.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

Originally Posted by htown
It's not the shocks you use to raise it up. You'll need coilovers. The only one I know with that combination shock is ground controls. For the money you spend with shocks and coilovers you might as well spend the extra money to get real coilovers.
Used Tein Basics don't go for that much over in the black market. You can check on V6P's too as the same part number fits 98-02 Accords, 99-03 TL's, and 01-03 CL's. Get coilovers, it's worth it. Lowering with springs and shocks heightens the probability of blowing your shocks eventually since the shocks weren't designed to work perfectly with lowering springs.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-06-2006, 09:10 AM
1st and 2nd Gen. CL'er

Thks for input guys. I appreciate the help. But I was looking at a set of Tokico Illumina's. Are those designed to be used with lowering springs? If not, I guess I'll go with the coilovers...thks.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Instructor

if you live in places with a bunch of pot holes, just go with a mild setup....
H&R sport or Tein HTech gives you a nice drop, without worrying about harsh ride. For shocks, i recommend Bilstein sport...trusted name brand, and is design for lowered vehicle....plus...it's a lifetime warranty....if you want an adjustable damper, go with Koni yellow...if not...stick with Bilstein...you won't regret it

hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
If you're planning on raising the car back up in the winter, the best way to go is with coilovers. If not, then you're going to be swapping springs with the season, and that could get costly and time consuming.

You can put the lowing springs on the Illumina's, but will not be able to adjust the ride height, unless you swap the springs in the winter.

My suggestion is to go with the coilovers.